Innovative Marine Aquariums

dferrari13

• 3 weeks later...

So things went well with my tank while I was away on my honeymoon. No deaths. Although I had noticed more of the LPS losing some heads so I decided to get rid of my last peppermint shrimp and do a bunch of tests.... ( I actually saw my peppermint shrimp eating my LPS) the Red Sea Test Kit is tedious but accurate.... here are a couple of pics

20171001_184133_zpssaxn0rkd.jpg

20171001_184050_zps7wiphswa.jpg

20171001_184121_zpsdlqxwa4t.jpg

I added a tailspot blenny, two barnacle blennies and four different Monti Frags

20171001_184108_zpsklvjes86.jpg

20171001_184140_zps3wusqeev.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, dferrari13 said:

So things went well with my tank while I was away on my honeymoon. No deaths. Although I had noticed more of the LPS losing some heads so I decided to get rid of my last peppermint shrimp and do a bunch of tests.... ( I actually saw my peppermint shrimp eating my LPS) the Red Sea Test Kit is tedious but accurate.... here are a couple of pics

20171001_184133_zpssaxn0rkd.jpg

20171001_184050_zps7wiphswa.jpg

20171001_184121_zpsdlqxwa4t.jpg

I added a tailspot blenny, two barnacle blennies and four different Monti Frags

20171001_184108_zpsklvjes86.jpg

20171001_184140_zps3wusqeev.jpg

Yeah, peppermint shrimp can be buttheads lol.  The only time I ever had them, they ate my aiptasia and then started ripping zoa skirts off. <_< They died shortly thereafter but otherwise would've found themselves on the way to the store pronto.

• Like 1

So I've been testing very carefully lately cause I've introduced some montipora into the tank

Ca 450

Mg 1200

Salinity 1.025

Kh 7.0

Phosphates and nitrates near 0

I'm using Aquvitro eight.four to increase the alkalinity....ive been adding it slowly but I don't really see the alk levels raising??? Any thoughts??

Looks good. I'll have to try soft corals someday. 

How are you keeping the left side (where the green mushrooms are) of the glass scraped clean? or do you just leave it?

• 3 weeks later...

looking great.

i've been following this tank for a while, good to see it still going strong after a move.

are the royal gramma and the clown the only two inhabitants?  if i recall they've been in there a while together...they obviously get along i'm assuming?

• Thanks 1

Drew love your Nano, sold my 80 gal and down to the Fusion 10 nano, mine is starting to look promising after a year. Having trouple keeping tube worms and some SPS what is your feeding regiment? One of the reasons I love my tanks is I can't get in any scuba diving so the tank is my backup.

Thanks

Bill

• Thanks 1
On 11/1/2017 at 11:29 PM, gone_PHiSHin said:

looking great.

i've been following this tank for a while, good to see it still going strong after a move.

are the royal gramma and the clown the only two inhabitants?  if i recall they've been in there a while together...they obviously get along i'm assuming?

Hey...thanks so much.....ive had the gramma and clown together since the beginning...they seem to go very well together....proly cause I introduced them to the tank together....but now I have added a tail spot blenny and two very small barnacle bennies

On 11/1/2017 at 11:33 PM, Wirewiggler said:

Drew love your Nano, sold my 80 gal and down to the Fusion 10 nano, mine is starting to look promising after a year. Having trouple keeping tube worms and some SPS what is your feeding regiment? One of the reasons I love my tanks is I can't get in any scuba diving so the tank is my backup.

Thanks

Bill

Hey bill....thanks for the compliment... I feed omega one pellets everyday for my fish....then I feed different frozen foods once or twice a month....and I also feed Aquvitro fuel twice a week (half a cap)....i also dose small amounts of aquavitros "ions" for Mg...."eight four" for Kh....and "calcification" for Ca....inorder to keep SPScorals....testing/small dosing is very important....i use the red sea test kit

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 12:26 PM, Christopher Marks said:

These before and after comparisons are always my favorite :) 

You've really got it jam-packed with happy coral!

Thanks so much...love to hear people's thoughts...the tank is almost 3 years old! Wow...time flies!

• Like 1
  • dferrari13 changed the title to Drew's 10 Gallon Softie Tank