Top Shelf Aquatics

Brad's Natural Reef | Powered by NanoBox | Pics pg 24

brad908

Hey brad first off love everything about this build you really nailed it bro.Top notch execution... Your giving giga a run for his money.

Quick question why not keep the halide for the mangroves?

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Dave offered for me to send back an old proto type duo that I wasn't using and he put two of the new beam strips in the duo body. I gotta say, the light has a very nice crisp white color, very similar to the color of my 6700k halide. At first I hated this light but then I fixed an issue with the wires, and the color looked right after that. The intensity of the light is literally blinding. I can stare into a 70w halide, this nanobox blinds me at 80%.

I'm moving my current fw planted dry start tank to that 18" cube and will use the halide for that tank.

Thanks man, really appreciate it. Dave offered for me to send back an old proto type duo that I wasn't using and he put two of the new beam strips in the duo body. I gotta say, the light has a very nice crisp white color, very similar to the color of my 6700k halide. At first I hated this light but then I fixed an issue with the wires, and the color looked right after that. The intensity of the light is literally blinding. I can stare into a 70w halide, this nanobox blinds me at 80%.

I'm moving my current fw planted dry start tank to that 18" cube and will use the halide for that tank.

Gotcha, keep us posted on how the mangroves adapt to the change.

• Like 1

Gotcha, keep us posted on how the mangroves adapt to the change.

Hype - This array is cool to as it includes UV/violet and a few colors of white. Which most strip LEDs do not.

• Like 2

unbelievable

Thanks man.

Forgot I can't hang the hybrid yet cuz I'm using it to light the holding tank of the corals, macros and fish. Tank is slowly clearing up.

Hype - This array is cool to as it includes UV/violet and a few colors of white. Which most strip LEDs do not.

Im glad you took those neglected spectrums into consideration when making a fixture for plants :happy:

• Like 1

wow im loving this build i have the 7g mangrove tank and love it that hard part is being patience. i love the tank i can see myself doing the mangrove forrest which mean ill have to grow lot of em but it fun and awesome. and heck im doing the black iron pipe as the light rack. i would post pics of the rack but the file too large for some reason

wow im loving this build i have the 7g mangrove tank and love it that hard part is being patience. i love the tank i can see myself doing the mangrove forrest which mean ill have to grow lot of em but it fun and awesome. and heck im doing the black iron pipe as the light rack. i would post pics of the rack but the file too large for some reason

Thank you. Try using photobucket to host pictures and post to here

Ah nice! Looking very good.

Any thoughts on your stocking plans yet?

• Clown pair
  • 3 Bangaii cardinals to chill around the mangroves
  • Kole Tang
  • Bunch of chromis or some other type of grouping fish. I would prefer something that can stay in a group of 5 or so, and not kill each other like chromis.
  • Trio of some type of anthia's
  • Some bottom dwellers
  • 6 line wrasse, maybe

I want a lot of fish. I've never had a tank with a ton of fish before.

• Like 4

I would really appreciate it if anyone could take a minute and follow this link and like my picture. I am a finalist in "The Great Outdoors" film photography contest and have a chance to win a medium format film camera.

https://www.facebook.com/thedarkroomlab/photos/a.1073600926024215.1073741864.143458852371765/1073601106024197/?type=3

Thank you!

You know I'm a huge fan... Liked for you, good luck!!

• Like 1

Sump. Water is still cloudy and I'm ordering some white mesh stuff to slide over the black wires and plumbing 98248675-BA57-4B5C-A584-A2BBFDF6912A_zps

What did you order for this? I just built a white sump and the black wires are going to drive me nuts. I was thinking about making some type of U channel out of acrylic to tuck it all away.