Top Shelf Aquatics

Brad's Natural Reef | Powered by NanoBox | Pics pg 24

brad908

Yep fiji pink was in my first tank... Took forever to build up a biofilm that kept it put

I think it is going to be better than the Bahamas Oolite though. The Oolite was such a small grain and being pushed everywhere. You can see the clear difference now that I've added the Fiji Pink on top. I've always had Fiji Pink and never ran into the issues I was having with Bahamas.

________

I texted Dave earlier in the week and said I bet I will have 6 chromis by the weekend. There were 6 left as of last night haha. Why do they have to kill eachother?!?! The 3 Anthias are looking great though, very active and I am feeding a ton. Clown pair is also still very happy.

The rainford goby is also dead. I turned on the mp10 that is inside the cave and its body came out. I believe it was fighting with the 3 anthias. The anthias and goby all wanted the cave to be their home.

Do you even need the TV anymore when you have such a beautiful tank to stare at right next to it?!

TV has become more of a radio lol. At least half the time I catch myself staring at the tank and just having the tv on as background noise.

Love the color contrast between the anthias and chromis!

Definitely. Watching them all swim together in the tank is awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice job on your build. I have to admit I was skeptical when I saw the first pictures of the egg crate but you've pulled it off. Great job on having a vision and sticking to it.

• Like 3

Nice job on your build. I have to admit I was skeptical when I saw the first pictures of the egg crate but you've pulled it off. Great job on having a vision and sticking to it.

Thanks! I was skeptical too on rock structure, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Still have some work to do on it, but overal, I'm happy.

• Like 1

Something I've very slowly been working and thinking on.

365C2AB6-87F3-4A55-92A6-E1A60007DF5A_zps

Nowhere near complete. Just letting the micro sword grow and need to start replanting and spreading it. The tree is taking a long time, think I finally have it right and will finish covering with moss within the next 2 weeks. When the tank is done, the micro sword will be kept trim very low, about 1". Also have other scaping plans....

• Like 3

I did a tank, Must have been 7 or so years ago, I got clay from my mum's garden.

I took black Eco-complete sand and made a frame around the edge of teh tank, filled it with the clay mud, and a small amount of dolomite lime. Capped it with sand and then planted dwarf micro swords- or whatever they are called. filled it with a bit of water and spent two months cycling the mud. the plants spread across the sand. I broke gasbubbles carefully to let the gas out but not disturb the cap. It cycled. I filled it. had a celestial pearl living in it for easily 6 years. the fish died this past fall. So you are reminding me of that pleasure.

• Like 1

I'm on the lookout for monti caps, digitata's, and flower rock nems. If anyone is selling any or knows of a seller, lmk.

Ricordea and mushrooms too.

• Like 1

I think when it is grown in it will look fab. I love the vision, I love how it respresents a rocky shore

How have I missed this tank??

This is so cool, I love it!!!

Ditto...awesome tank!

Thanks for the support!

That's really cool, love the tree look Brad.

I've had that piece of wood for a long time and always wanted to make it a tree, but never actually started it. Watched some youtube videos over the weekend, and decided it was time.

Looking really good man.. Any jumpers?

Sorry about the skins :(

Thanks. No jumpers, they just all died in the tank instead haha. Went from 10 to 3 chromis, but the 3 have been around for a couple weeks now, so I think they're finally done killing eachother lol.

• Like 2

I'm on the lookout for monti caps, digitata's, and flower rock nems. If anyone is selling any or knows of a seller, lmk.

Ricordea and mushrooms too.

Rock flower anemones are 10 for $160 at rare reef, they're beautiful too. Not great communication but they're amazing colors. Same thing for Ricordia- 10 for $60 I believe.