Top Shelf Aquatics

Brad's Natural Reef | Powered by NanoBox | Pics pg 24

brad908

Hey brad who did you contact for the tank?

What was the price of this tank landed man it's sexy as hell

SCA aquariums made it. It was $350 plus shipping. They did a nice job.

I'm going to shoot them an email man this tank is so nice

I'm thinking of 36x20x14

It was actually $400.

48x18x12” without overflow =$300.

48x18x12” with overflow =$350.

48x18x18” without overflow = $600

48x18x18” with overflow = $650

48x18x14” without overflow =$400

So ####### sick.

Thanks man. Going to search for Fiji Pink sand today and get this thing filled tonight.

Still not sure what to do on the left side of the tank, I was thinking just a bunch of little islands with a mix of SPS and gorgonian's.

• Like 2

Looks very promising!

I've been looking at the SCA tanks as well, they seem a good combination between price and quality.

I read all the reviews for their premade systems and everyone said how great the quality was, so I took the chance on a custom size, and they did a great job.

looks awesome, makes me wish i was more into mangrove stuff when i built my scape... coulda totally put planters in the rock pile.

Thanks, just bought 40lbs of sand and ready to fill tonight! How is your tank doing?

General question - is distilled water just as good as RODI? I want to speed up the process tonight and buy about 20-25 gallons of distilled. Some posts I read say they are the same and some say RODI is slightly better.

I read all the reviews for their premade systems and everyone said how great the quality was, so I took the chance on a custom size, and they did a great job.

Thanks, just bought 40lbs of sand and ready to fill tonight! How is your tank doing?

General question - is distilled water just as good as RODI? I want to speed up the process tonight and buy about 20-25 gallons of distilled. Some posts I read say they are the same and some say RODI is slightly better.

Yeah, I have always read that you can pretty much use them interchangeably. If you are really concerned, just test the distilled with a TDS meter, if you have one. Every time I have tested a gallon of distilled it is 0 TDS, fwiw.

• Like 2

Yeah, I have always read that you can pretty much use them interchangeably. If you are really concerned, just test the distilled with a TDS meter, if you have one. Every time I have tested a gallon of distilled it is 0 TDS, fwiw.

witch is better then my rodi right now lol. about time to change filters

I need a new TDS meter from BRS, idk how but I snapped the on/off switch off mine. I also leave the unit outside, so I should probably build a little box around it lol.

its doing, nothing real exciting or different since the last update so I don't bother takin pics lol. I have toyed around with the idea of getting rid of all the lps and putting a big nem of some sort in my clowns would get hosted by. Id have to remove the blenny and chromis though to prevent their deaths kuz it would likely be a carpet nem.

distilled ime is just as good as rodi, I used it for a year or so on my 22g aio never had any problems. Just a pita buying 5 of em every time I went to the grocery store.

• Like 1

Added sand. I think the sand sold me on the scape, I feel it looks much better now that it's actually around sand. I was on the fence about using it. Obviously it still needs some finishing work but wanted to get the tank cycling.

CAAF06D9-CB50-480C-AFF9-BBAE625673FB_zps

C44B8ACC-7513-47AD-BAEC-1C16B0CBCCB6_zps

Next pics will have mangroves and water

• Like 8