Innovative Marine Aquariums

Brad's Natural Reef | Powered by NanoBox | Pics pg 24

brad908

Progress. Don't worry about all the black, that will be taken care of at the endFront%20Tank_zpstggqu661.jpgSide%20Tank_zpsletiddur.jpgAngle%20Tank_zpscunwchoa.jpg

Wanted to do more but spent the weekend on the coast 6ACE1383-18A6-4284-8DB4-779186E7DFEA_zps1AB505C8-A433-4744-9939-44F8951A5C47_zps

Yeh that's going to be badass when you can just lay in the bulk of the rockscape. Lookin great.

• Like 2

Progress

tank%200730_zpslatgnd4w.jpg

tank%200730%20v2_zpsj0g6kgqs.jpg

tank%200730%20v3_zpsjpbqrhl1.jpg

I have now sealed off the deep sand portion completely from getting into the cave. I have rocked one side of the inside of the cave and added rock to the front right vertical wall

• Like 3

yeah im gonna get it started this month. still have to send light to dave for an overhaul

I still need to send my duo to him so he can convert it to a white spectrum for the mangroves

Oh nice, progress! Can't wait to see the finished product

I need one more can of the black foam, and I can be finished. And some more rock. It probably has like 6 lbs of rock on it, and I will need maybe 2-3 lbs more to crush up.

So close.

I'll make a random appearance to support this build :ninja:

I'll be watching this build! Awesome on the extra panel of starfire glass!

Oooooo! Can't wait to see how this turns out :)

Thanks for tagging along! :) This is the most excited I've been about a build since I set up my first tank. It will also be my largest tank

What makes snails reproduce? Probably a dumb question but in 4 years I've never had it happen before, and now in both my mangrove tank and reef tank, I've had tons of baby snails pop up.

• Like 2
HarryPotter

What makes snails reproduce? Probably a dumb question but in 4 years I've never had it happen before, and now in both my mangrove tank and reef tank, I've had tons of baby snails pop up.

Maybe stability? Are these your "best" tanks you've had?

I have the same thing in my mangrove tank, I have like 50 stomatella snails that crawl out of the sand after lights out, and I only actually paid for two

• Like 1

Drew out a rough sketch last night and made an excel diagram this morning of my thoughts for the stand.

I have a wall that is 17' long and about 15-20' high. I've always had trouble designing with this wall, but think this plan will fit it nicely. Most of you know I've used conduit pipes for everything from shelving, to desk legs, to my light trees.

I want to build a big shelving unit out of the pipe and nice wood.

95606769-2361-4EC7-A303-8DB58934935B_zps

That area above the tank with the two bars coming down, that will be like a floating shelf (the stuff directly above the tank is the nanobox hybrid and duo). The thin grey lines are pipe, while the thicker blackish lines would be the wood shelves. Black border is obviously the borders for the wall.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this done yet?

Oops, never mind. Be back in 5 years. Lol.

Jk. Can't wait.

lol. Scape is done and tank is said to be done by the end of the month. I am still aiming for it to be wet on September 12.

lol. Scape is done and tank is said to be done by the end of the month. I am still aiming for it to be wet on September 12.

Cool. Good luck on it. Mangroves are....yeah.

Tank is done, but I didn't realize the factory is located in Asia, so it is being put on a container next Monday. It will take about 3-4 weeks from there. Hoping I can get it on 9/12.

Yo. I just realized, you should enter that into the AGA biotope competition, esp since it's an all macro/mangrove tank!

EDIT: I POSTED IN YOUR WRONG MANGROVE THREAD. YOU SHOULD ENTER YOUR CURRENT TANK.

• Like 1

Is there any type of clear sticky spray that I can use for the sand to stick to the black foam?

I've started with super glue, but it is taking a while and using a lot of super glue.