SaltCritters.com

Brad's Natural Reef | Powered by NanoBox | Pics pg 24

brad908

But seriously, Tunze all the way.

Tunze pumps are excellent high flow powerheads for a number of reasons

• They are the smallest pumps available and easy to hide.

Sold on the first bullet point. Nanostream 6015

jedimasterben

Tunze pumps are excellent high flow powerheads for a number of reasons

• They are the smallest pumps available and easy to hide.

Sold on the first bullet point. Nanostream 6015

:lol:

And actually, there is also the 6020 and 6040, which are even smaller and shoot out the side instead of the front. Really interesting pumps, I have one in my planted tank.

• Like 1

You probably already know this but I figured in case you didn't I'd offer it. I have had success with getting the mangroves to root through the water column - that may be the WORST way of describing it. Basically, I have the mangroves suspended on the surface and the roots went through the water and then hit the sand to take root. Have you though of doing this or do you currently do this now? It took about 2(?) years maybe longer if I remember correctly for them to really get there structure and strength.

I really did enjoy the results from the described method. It gave the appearance of your above pictures and you could almost train the roots to grow where you wanted. I had them as a natural anchor point for my seahorse tank and it really gave it a nice natural look as well as completely different! I really love what your doing, Looking forward to this coming together.

You probably already know this but I figured in case you didn't I'd offer it. I have had success with getting the mangroves to root through the water column - that may be the WORST way of describing it. Basically, I have the mangroves suspended on the surface and the roots went through the water and then hit the sand to take root. Have you though of doing this or do you currently do this now? It took about 2(?) years maybe longer if I remember correctly for them to really get there structure and strength.

I really did enjoy the results from the described method. It gave the appearance of your above pictures and you could almost train the roots to grow where you wanted. I had them as a natural anchor point for my seahorse tank and it really gave it a nice natural look as well as completely different! I really love what your doing, Looking forward to this coming together.

Mangroves grow faster if they're planted in mud/sand. The new tank mud bed will only be 4", so it won't take much time for the roots to be visible

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

New pics of this tank tomorrow. I haven't done any algae trimming, so it will be exactly 1 months worth of growth.

I will also be starting a new planted tank at the end of the month in the 24x16x16" with hopes of entering the IAPLC in May 2017.

• Like 4