SaltCritters.com

My Rembrandt

PicoSavvy

I place the order for them before my kore doser arrived and at that time I didn't know how many sensor the kore used or the size of the mounting rack for them. I may put them up for sale.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As you can see the sensor brackets take up almost all the space for the media reactor. Dam look like I may have to sell the second one to.

20150805_155446_zpsj6hjwrf0.jpg

HarryPotter

I like that pump!

Another n00b question.. What's the media reactor for?

It forces water through your media. In this case, you can put carbon, GFO, or other media inside the reactor and a pump pushes water through it.

I like that pump!

Another n00b question.. What's the media reactor for?

A media react is just a filter where you can place media in to, to use them more efficient then just placing them in a bag and letting it seat there. Some media like biopellets need to be tumble and a reactor can do this.

Some common media put in reactor are:

Gfo

Carbon

Biopellets

They can be used for other stuff to I have even seen people put cheato in reactor.

chemikalzsky

Ah! Thanks so much Harry

A media react is just a filter where you can place media in to, to use them more efficient then just placing them in a bag and letting it seat there. Some media like biopellets need to be tumble and a reactor can do this.

Some common media put in reactor are:

Gfo

Carbon

Biopellets

They can be used for other stuff to I have even seen people put cheato in reactor.

I keep getting reactors confused with sumps. Are they similar?

In some ways they are. I seen larger media reactor used as sump before. A sump is a tank apart from your main tank were you can put your equipment in to hide it from your main tank. It can also be used as a refugium. A media reactor depending on how big it it and if it is a internal or external design can do the same as a sump. I would still prefer having a sump just because it is easier to work on and clean.

Well I did some pilot holes to see if it is possible to mount my tank to the wall and well I have about maybe 1.5 inch of space so, if I want a wall mounted tank I have to drill through concrete.

20150808_210254_zps3gi96hbd.jpg

20150808_210259_zps9bwd9vsu.jpg

I somewhat fix my spacing issue in the sump with the sensor brackets.

20150803_220358_zps9vm1fkn5.jpg

Here it is with the dosing tube holder. I will probably not use that and route the dosing tubes to either the drain or return tube.

20150803_220358_zps9vm1fkn5.jpg

If one of these coral does not go on Rembrandt, then it will definitely go on my next build. This is one of the coolest coral I seen.

Holy crap! Those little hermits are darling!! Gosh, I wonder if there is any way to obtain one plus it's home. Thank you for sharing that

Yea you can get them with the coral, that what I will be doing. They pretty much need the coral to survive (the coral gives them protection). They just go into a hole in the coral and start filter feeding, they also give some food to the coral I want this coral to cover the back side of my tank were the overflow is. But just because of those crabs the price goes sky high the cheapest I ever seen them go for is 120 and that with out shipping, they normally go for 180 plus without shipping for a good quality one

Man progress has been slow lately (got to many projects going on). Well today i did some visualizing the complete package( well all the package that have arrived so far) to see the best placement for everything. I wanted to keep the stand at 12x12 but I can already see it go to be one tight fit and if I want the Doser to fit I will have to place it side ways it measures almost 16 inches.

20150812_115408_zpsoftwfw8d.jpg

The mame container is going to be used as a ato container, glass bottle is the skimmate bottle. The chiller is right behind the air pump, I am still waiting on the return pump to see how it will fit and still need to plan the plumbing. The acrylic tank you see on the bottom I am think about using it as a frag tank or a dwarf seahorse tank, but most likely it won't be used.

Black sexy doser.

20150812_110936_zpsmuh5vths.jpg

After I figure out the best placement for everything, I have to then see the best way to route the wires for power and sensor. I want to try to keep them away from view.

20150812_110944_zps8uhr5my2.jpg

This is not the stand that will be used, it is just for testing out object placement. I still haven't decided if I am going to mount it on the wall or build a custom stand for it.

Can the doser be mounted vertically so you can put it on the side or back of the stand or does is need to lay flat? If so you could make a stand and fit everything for a sleek narrow look. Though mounting it to the wall would be sweet as well. Get a hammer drill yet?

Can the doser be mounted vertically so you can put it on the side or back of the stand or does is need to lay flat? If so you could make a stand and fit everything for a sleek narrow look. Though mounting it to the wall would be sweet as well. Get a hammer drill yet?

Trust me I want to mount it on the wall so badly. And the Doser right on the side. But I can't find concrete drill for drilling the mounting holes my local home Depot and lowes are out. But now that you mention it the slick slim stand is an option I can probably keep it at only 6.5 inches wide. The Doser as far as I know can be mounted in any position

Cool. Looking forward to seeing it. I just bought a corded Hitachi hammer drill from Lowes for another project. Works like a charm and only $70. It will look good either way I'm sure.

chemikalzsky

I just wish lowes or home Depot would get concrete drill bit. I got the drill I just need the bit.

Maybe Ace Hardware will have it? Not sure if there is one near ya or not.

When I get a chance I will try pass by one. There isn't really a local one for me, well if there is I haven't seen it. Man aluminum stand look awesome, but they are Expensive As Hell

That going to be problematic aluminum is very hard to weld, even the pros have problem welding aluminum. With t slot you don't need to weld you just screw the pieces together. The sand has been the hardest thing about this build I can't seem to decide between wall mounted or stand. If I mount it on the wall I would still have to build a little stand to keep all of the equipment and sump. Going the stand route, the only thing that stops me is coming up with a stand design I like.

That going to be problematic aluminum is very hard to weld, even the pros have problem welding aluminum. With t slot you don't need to weld you just screw the pieces together. The sand has been the hardest thing about this build I can't seem to decide between wall mounted or stand. If I mount it on the wall I would still have to build a little stand to keep all of the equipment and sump. Going the stand route, the only thing that stops me is coming up with a stand design I like.

Could you have the tank wall mounted on a shelf and have the filteration behind the wall? Or too difficult/impossible with room layout?

Archived