Cultivated Reef

My Rembrandt

PicoSavvy

Have you had any experience with them, I read they max out at 1 inch , wish is great because I am try to find a really small fish that won't dwarf the tank but is still colorful

I have had greenbanded gobies in the past, but I haven't been able to get ahold of any trimmas. I'm hoping in the next few weeks I will have a pair though. They stay very small and can be active fish in your tank once they get used to it.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was asking relative to other Fish.

Like Clownfish are not really known as jumper compare to

Dartfish. But valid point all fish have the potential to jump

I was asking relative to other Fish.

Like Clownfish are not really known as jumper compare to

Dartfish. But valid point all fish have the potential to jump

Yes, I would consider them jumpers. I wouldn't keep one without a lid.

I would say a trimma,neon or sharknose goby would be your best bet for your tank. Or yellow clown goby,nice perchers and pretty cool fish.

Thanks for the recommendation both of you. Really appreciate it. Now on to the never ending quest of picking a external pump. Most of you have recommended a Sicce pump. I was looking into a pan world because of the way they are build aluminum housing and heavy duty fittings. Then I am hit with a 3rd option dc pump specifically the

jebao 1200 since it the smallest one I could find, the retailer recommend the pump to run internally and I been reading a lot of mix review about them some people love them and say they run silent, other people say that they leak, the fittings brake easy and they make strange Noise

Well after more silicone trimming this is how my little practice tank turned out:

20150803_220358_zps9vm1fkn5.jpg

20150721_090223_zps5ka7guwp.jpg

20150721_090255_zpsyic6gqzs.jpg

I still haven't tried trimming the corner edge silicone completely because of fear of ruining the silicon seams

Well today I was planning on going to my rc track to practice some, until my friend, the same one that broke my first practice tank, came knocking on my door with this in his hand

2015-07-24_01-27-20_zpsspxcngiu.jpg

apparently it's a mr aqua tank I didn't even know mr aqua made such small tank, I thought there smallest tank was their 3 gallon model

He also bought a Matt that you have to use on rimless tank apparently. I guess he didn't notice the mr aqua tank already came with a Matt

20150724_132843_zpsiwx3liom.jpg

Now I am stuck do I use the mr aqua tank or do I stay with the plan and use the deep blue tank

Well the ups guy just knocked on my door with my brs rocks

The first rock:

The second rock:

But from a recommendation of Harryjsinger I am probably going to place an order for reefcleaner rock

The diy rimless is not the deep blue tank it is a practice tank I bought to practice derimming. I still haven't derimmed the deep blue one I been focusing my time on my painting skills, for painting the sump rim white

Well today I was planning on going to my rc track to practice some, until my friend, the same one that broke my first practice tank, came knocking on my door with this in his hand

2015-07-24_01-27-20_zpsspxcngiu.jpg

apparently it's a mr aqua tank I didn't even know mr aqua made such small tank, I thought there smallest tank was their 3 gallon model

He also bought a Matt that you have to use on rimless tank apparently. I guess he didn't notice the mr aqua tank already came with a Matt

20150724_132843_zpsiwx3liom.jpg

Now I am stuck do I use the mr aqua tank or do I stay with the plan and use the deep blue tank

Oh man, I've wanted to get my hands on one of these tanks for a planted freshwater shrimp tank. Lucky!!

Oh man, I've wanted to get my hands on one of these tanks for a planted freshwater shrimp tank. Lucky!!

Yea the mr aqua tank are pretty nice, I did have to trim some silicone on the bottom and top.

Did the tank come with those overflows?

No that the mame overflow. I wish it did so I didn't have to spend almost 200 dollars on them. Here is my unboxing on them

If I do end up using the mr aqua tank. It well be a peninsula reef because the dimensions of it scream peninsula and the mame overflow fits perfectly on the side panels.

Cool stuff. Some tonga rock would look sweet for viewing all 3 sides

I wanted to try a floating reef aquascape, but I don't know how it would look on a small tank like this.

HarryPotter

Harryjsinger like always thanks for the recommendation. Do you know what they use to attach the rock, are they magnetically attached or do they hang on the side.

They hang on the side. Magnets wouldn't be reliable enough for something this long that can potentially hold a LOT of coral!

Archived