Pod Your Reef

My Rembrandt

PicoSavvy

Could you have the tank wall mounted on a shelf and have the filteration behind the wall? Or too difficult/impossible with room layout?

Behind the sheetrock there is 7 inches of concrete and after that is the outdoor. It funny that a little pico is giving me more trouble then the 125 gal reef I used to have.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear I have the laziest mailman in the world, instead of knock on my door or honking the horn, no they prefer to write that stupid pink slip, and now I have to go to the post office like always to pick up my package.

That might be hard with concrete behind the drywall

Yea specially due to the fact that the concrete is load carrying member and drilling can cause crack, something really easy on concrete. Plus the bolt to hold the frame are not cheap they are like 15 to 25 dollars each

I just got back from the mail office with a mame shipment.

20150815_115106_zpsz3uvdnxw.jpg

I bought the silence cap for the overflow and a alot of replacement tubing just in case

Thanks BRN. Today I got around to testing the doser and I am impressed, the software has alot of helpful stuff. Here are some pics of some of its functions

20150815_215256_zps6eegqgjl.jpg

20150815_215220_zps1zc57qhg.jpg

20150815_215551_zpsewixfzh6.jpg

20150815_215307_zps1vpm6l7t.jpg

The only problem I had when setting it up was the pairing process, but that was my fault because I keeped entering space but once I notice my mistake, it paired up with no problems

No not setting it up just screwing with it and learning the software. Since right now I am just playing the wait game with my post office to bring my pump, and now I have to come up with a different design for the stand, since my aluminum extrusion seller canceled on me. (O well If they don't want my money then, I will just spend it in something else)

Definitely titanium, just like one of my favorite airplane the sr-71 blackbird. Titanium reinforced with Cobalt for scratch resistant finish. The thing that got me mad was that they didn't even give me a reason for cancelling my order. They just sorry we are unable to for fill your request and canceling your order

chemikalzsky

That. Would be AMAZING!

To look at the bright side of things, at least they told ya and didn't leave ya hanging. It would still be interesting to find out why though.

Yea that what I am wondering, i thought companies want money, if I was in there shoes I would definitely not cancel any almost 300 dollar order that comes to me.

Well today I went to my local hardware store to buy some wood for the stand and when I got home, I came with wood in one hand and these in the other hand

20150817_170129_zpsc0mgx1dd.jpg

A new addition to my rc collection.

Hahah. So random! I was like, they sell snow plows at your hardware store in Florida?!

Ha, ha, no the rc I bought at my not so local hobby shop, I was going to post a photo of the wood I bought, but thought the rc would be more interesting then the wood.

Ha, ha, no the rc I bought at my not so local hobby shop, I was going to post a photo of the wood I bought, but thought this would be more interesting then wood.

Hmm... It's not as fast as your cars nor can fly like the quads.

Also can't mow the lawn- so what's it "for"?

It is more for the scale modeling. It definitely no 150+ mph 11 hp rc car. I got a scale winch and smoke generator already for it. Let not say it can't mow the lawn yet. Definitely possible with this since it has the torque to pull. I sometimes need a change from the normal.

Man do I hate waiting for the mail. This is what I get for ordering international items. Well at least I am keeping my self busy.

20150819_111922_zpsjjzydhdj.jpg

-Good news 2 more days until my shipment get here with the return pump.

-Bad news apparently the store that i order my doser stand mount from never got my order even though I have the credit card statement that proves that I did order from them and they did get paid. I can't start on the stand until I get that part, because I have to take measurement of it to design the stand.

So while i wait for my stuff to get here, enjoy some rc modeling.

20150820_231046_zpskwzwvcfp.jpg

Here is my kyosho blizzard getting test fitted with a vintage v8 blown hemi engine kit that I been working on for a little over a month. Sanding it, polishing it and sanding it again

Syncra is in the house.

20150803_220358_zps9vm1fkn5.jpg

I also bought some Caribsea rubble zone for aquascape,q since the rocks I bought before didn't give me the look I wanted and I had to give up the floating aquascape idea because I was bearly going to get 1.5 inch of grow height.

The pump is really small,I was expecting it to be a bit bigger

Now time to wait for the next paycheck since the store I bought the rubble zone from was close to my hobby shop. I spent the rest on a rc lowrider.

Here is one container of rubble zone. It had more then what I thought. Pressure washed

20150822_161905_zpspwifj91x.jpg

Almost all of the rocks have great coral formation in them and look great.

20150822_162113_zpstd9ywpup.jpg

A 50 cent euro for size comparison (about the size of a quarter) Now just letting them air dry in the sun.

Below is all of them (2 container ) and it is also the part when I realized that I order a bit much.

20150822_171112_zpsaxsqbsla.jpg

On 8/22/2015 at 5:43 PM, Reefkid88 said:

Damn that's crazy that much comes in one container. I need to get one myself to touch up my scape.

Yea it's crazy, I thought it was not that much either but they really fill the container to the top and the rocks are amazing, very porous and have amazing coral formation in them.

Quick close up of some of them.

20150822_180047_zpsvsqxs6bt.jpg

20150822_180033_zpshkwz6juu.jpg

20150822_180018_zpsoj7rlubf.jpg

One possible aquascape for Rembrandt. I am not a big fan of aquascaping because I always feel it can look better a different way.

The stupid simple aquascape. A single rock, in an open space.

Finally fix the doser stand problem and it should be here by Monday or Tuesday

Finally, the piece that has been holding Rembrandt build from continuing has arrived. A sexy mount for a sexy doser. The acrylic they used to make the stand is super clear.

Archived