ReefCleaners.org

My Rembrandt

PicoSavvy

That looks like a wicked project! I can't wait to see it up and running!

ps: I'm really diggin the s1 motorsport exige in your sig!

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks man I hope to have it up and running soon. And yea I am a big fan of automobiles. The first gen exige is one of my all time favorite cars.

Well today I came out of my mail office like this

Because my Spectrapure U.P.L.C. Ultra-Precise Leveler finally has arrived. Originally I was going to go with a stenner pump for ato because if anyone has seen one in person they know that those thing are build like a tank. But the Spectrapure U.P.L.C. Ultra-Precise is no light weight it is build pretty heavy duty and has has a Float switch backup on top of it's very sensitive pressure sensor and it also has the ability to adjust the flow rate, that why I went with Spectrapure ato.

Here it is

20150716_140204_zps3minyrqb.jpg

Forgot to include the float switch.

20150716_140844_zpsp8nkwcly.jpg

Today even under crazy raining (funny part is that when i came out the store the rain had stop and was for the most part dry) I went to my pet store and bought two 2.5 gallon tanks that I well be using to practice my rim painting skill and my derimming skills.

20150803_220358_zps9vm1fkn5.jpg

A comparison between the two.

Do sicce and rio make external pump. The stand itself well not be that tall between 20 to 30 inches, it going to be next to my bed. The reason I was looking at pen world pump is because of how it is build all metal and heavy duty fittings. If it is to loud I well take it out of the stand and install it out side. How much flow do you have in your now?

Nice set up so far also I use to work for a lfs that sold since pumps you can use them internal or external.

So when you de-rim one of these,wanna send it to me ?! I'll pay postage lol. Hopefully all went well though. Did you get to practice ?!

Sure np. Not today I had to do other stuff and most of my time was taken up by my r/c practice and repair on a car I am working on. But tomorrow for sure one of this well get de rim and painted

Well since I am not tired I decided to try my hand at the derimming.

So far everything is good

Still good

Then my friend accidentally Presses the throttle on one of these

traxxas-e-revo-action_1024x1024_zpsgm5u6

And this is what happened. Good thing my hand was in the way to take most of the shock and the battery was low because it could have been worse.

Well I at least I know that these aquarium are not tempered. So you can drill them but I don't recommend it.

apollo_zpsblvv2emd.jpg

After finishing tuning one of my rc for a race, I got the second tank and got to work.

I started by cutting 8 main point to cause the least amount of stress on the corner edges.

First one is out.

Still all good

And another one bit the dust

20150717_232949_zpsquct4ch4.jpg

And another one bit the dust

Goodbye corner piece

Goodbye braces hello rimless

Had to wash it to remove all the silicone that was statically sticking to it.

With all the silicone that I had to trim out I swear I could have build 2 more tanks.

This is what is left of the frame

20150718_014139_zps8higq4lx.jpg

Now time to give the winner of the race a good cleaning

20150718_155720_zpsaqrf4gai.jpg

Nice job!! Will you be setting this one up too?

No not this one. I bought it only to practice my derimming skill, to see just how hard derimming a tank really is. Apart from that I have no use for it

Original I was not going to put a fish in this tank due to it having such a small water volume, but today when i Internet surfing I saw this

ruby-red-dragonet-1_zpsljksjomk.jpg

They are called Ruby Red Scooter Dragonet and man do I want one and yes I know they are picky eater but man are they cool. I am either going to have to buy a 3rd nano doser 1 to dose pod or forget about buying it

HarryPotter

Original I was not going to put a fish in this tank due to it such small volume, but today when Internet surfing I saw this

ruby-red-dragonet-1_zpsljksjomk.jpg

They are called Ruby Red Scooter Dragonet and man do I want one and yes I know they are pickie eater but man are they cool. I am either going to have to buy a 3rd nano doser 1 to dose pod or forget about buying it

NOOOOOOO NOT YET!

You can't really dose pods; pods are live! They need to be refrigerated to have an extended lifespan.

To get a Dragonet you would need a LOT of live rock with pods or a refugium filled with pods.

Dragonets won't eat pellets, flakes, mysis etc. Only live pods (Except if they have been trained on another food, but finding one like that is difficult)

NOOOOOOO NOT YET!

You can't really dose pods; pods are live! They need to be refrigerated to have an extended lifespan.

To get a Dragonet you would need a LOT of live rock with pods or a refugium filled with pods.

Dragonets won't eat pellets, flakes, mysis etc. Only live pods (Except if they have been trained on another food, but finding one like that is difficult)

I was thinking about buying a mini fridge something like this

5861c64da09760bab41959644e79e015_zpsud8k

And putting the dosing pump inside of it

HarryPotter

I was thinking about buying a mini fridge something like this

5861c64da09760bab41959644e79e015_zpsud8k

And putting the dosing pump inside of it

:slap: I can't tell if you're joking! :lol:

Have you ever even seen someone dose pods? Its just.... Not a thing.

The pods themselves move, there would be no way of ensuring that you actually are able to get any into the tank if the little fridge was able to keep them alive for any length of time. Not to mention the cost of trying to constantly dose pods would break the bank quickly. IMHO this isn't a big enough tank for this fish, even with people pushing the limits, I don't think you could reliably feed this fish in such a small tank.

:slap: I can't tell if you're joking! :lol:

Have you ever even seen someone dose pods? Its just.... Not a thing.

No I haven't seen any one dose pods before but I have seen phytoplankton being dose before so I thought it could work with pods.

Plus with the low temperature inside the fridge I would think that it would lower there movement of the pod.

And I am always trying to push limits

chemikalzsky

How about one of these? Flaming Prawn Goby. They like to hide a lot and I was thinking about putting one in my bowl, but I'm not sure about the bio-load it would cause.

spikefin-goby-dant-fenolio.jpg

Thanks bro that is one beautiful fish. These were the other fish I was looking into

lg-89414-Red-Striped-Goby_zpstz7qzoey.jp

red striped goby

dart1_zpspqtn3di6.jpg

Aioliops megastigma

The trimma on top would be my choice. Great fish, nice color

Have you had any experience with them, I read they max out at 1 inch , wish is great because I am try to find a really small fish that won't dwarf the tank but is still colorful

Archived