Top Shelf Aquatics

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

Not long, turned off all the pump and I just put one piece of mysis on the tentacles of each nem w/ a long tweezer thingy. I enjoyed feeding each one. See, that's why I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't put the fish in that tank as you can forget it, the 6line will explode/implode on itself from stealing all the food, cuz you know it will.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting there, slowly. Wonder why it won't open fully. Of course, it is 2/3" away from the glass in front. Not in strong flow but the froggy behind is moving gently.

20160211_222739_zpseqyegl3s.jpg

20160211_222803_zpswkdopm2h.jpg

Not long, turned off all the pump and I just put one piece of mysis on the tentacles of each nem w/ a long tweezer thingy. I enjoyed feeding each one. See, that's why I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't put the fish in that tank as you can forget it, the 6line will explode/implode on itself from stealing all the food, cuz you know it will.

I have a bunch of nems plus LPS that I spot feed. I also have a 6 line and no issues at all of it stealing food. I say put it in as they are great for picking at issues in he tank.

I have that issue with my clown. She always steals food from the nems. So I started trying to feed her first, and she just isn't as interested in the food floating in front of her face.

It's apparently more fun to rip food from the nems... <_<

I have that issue with my clown. She always steals food from the nems. So I started trying to feed her first, and she just isn't as interested in the food floating in front of her face.

My clowns steal from my corals as well. Sometimes I have to guard a coral with my turkey baster to keep them at bay till the food is in them.

Getting there, slowly. Wonder why it won't open fully. Of course, it is 2/3" away from the glass in front. Not in strong flow but the froggy behind is moving gently.

20160211_222739_zpseqyegl3s.jpg

20160211_222803_zpswkdopm2h.jpg

It might be because it is to close to the glass? I have a coco worm. It was doing fine and then It would not come out. It was many days and I was worried it had died but no snails were on it to eat it. Then I looked closely at his tube opening and there was a piece of bubble algae with green hair algae blowing around right at the opening. I picked it off and the little guy was out in less than 24 hours. Dont know if it was a coincidence or not but I think every time it touched the algae it would feel something there and not come out?

I don't know, at some point you'd think it would even try once to open all the way and see if there's any obstruction. I may have to try move the tank around, though there's not much room. I'll see what I can do when I do a water change on Sunday and remove some cyano up front.

I have a bunch of nems plus LPS that I spot feed. I also have a 6 line and no issues at all of it stealing food. I say put it in as they are great for picking at issues in he tank.

You're lucky. My 6line and the clowns, they all steel food.

I'll have to try that, feed them first.

Good news, one of my friends at work, they have an extra 40g and said I could have it for 20g so maybe I'll take a look at it this weekend, then I wouldn't have to wait for the next dollar sale which probably wouldn't be until Spring. Additionally, I might be able to paint it in their heated garage.

I accidently overdosed on the Reef Bugs, this is the most it's come out. I know it'll be pretty when it decides to come out full time. Should I be concerned that it's been a week today and it hasn't stayed out full time? It's only a small hydor koralia in there with flow and the AC30 that gives some flow as well. The froggy to the right is gently moving. So it's not blowing in there like crazy.

Those pictures are wonderful and love the video too. Little bit is so sweet. I really like your shrimp. Did he ever live in with your six line? Does your six line leave any shrimp alone? Mine ate my cleaner shirmp even though it was five times as big as he is.

Looks great! The feather duster is going to be beautiful when it comes out :)

I think so too, it's driving me crazy.

Those pictures are wonderful and love the video too. Little bit is so sweet. I really like your shrimp. Did he ever live in with your six line? Does your six line leave any shrimp alone? Mine ate my cleaner shirmp even though it was five times as big as he is.

The shrimp did not live with my six line. The 6line was free from a local in our reef group when he was moving. He is in there with Gertie but I'm not concerned. The 6line and goby have been living together in Gertie's tank for oh, a month tomorrow so all is good between them all. Which is wonderful as I only wanted my clowns in with my flowers later in the 40g tank.

Feb 14th is a very hard day for me so my husband let me run off with my dad for the day. We went to a few antique shops in Chattanooga and then a fish store. They had a huge white pipe organ! It was way out of my price range but so pretty. I asked if they would frag me a piece but she said the owner would not be in till monday to make a decision like that. I live an hour away so I dont know if I can make it back that way or not. I am so tempted to call ahead and see if he will frag it and then try to get up there to get it. I never see them locally. Seeing it made me think of you and yours. :)

Aaaaaw. I hope they can frag for you. Right now this is too small for me to frag off or I would. I have a fishy friend here too that's asked once it's large enough.

Aaaaaw. I hope they can frag for you. Right now this is too small for me to frag off or I would. I have a fishy friend here too that's asked once it's large enough.

Yours is very unique. I have not seen one quite so delicate looking. I am hoping he will frag it as well. As I hate ordering on line if I can get something locally. Easier for me and easier on the coral.

Everything looks wonderful, Annette! I hope the feather duster opens fully for you soon! It's very impressive looking. Speaking of which...that chalice :wub:. Love it!

Looks great! I love the tiny clam. The color on that feather duster is beautiful too! I'm kind of wanting one :)

I just hope between the clam and the feather they have enough to eat. I'm gonna feed a little. Today it's open like 2/3" so the most I've seen so far.

Everything looks wonderful, Annette! I hope the feather duster opens fully for you soon! It's very impressive looking. Speaking of which...that chalice :wub:. Love it!

Thank you, i love that chalice too. I love the purple brightness and the green potato eyes. Probably one of the prettiest things I have!

Archived