inTank Media Baskets

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

ha!!! Oh that is so funny! You need to take pictures!

Here's a photo of mine from a while back wearing a big patch of hair algae <_<

24307126509_ca37c84fa0_k.jpg

Luckily, my tang is a beast and is keeping all the algae at bay, so my urchin can't make anymore ghillie suits. Now the urchin is stuck with small shells, rubble, and stray zoanthid polyps. :lol:

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha! Now that's a nice piece of algae. My CUC was perfect from Aquarium Depot. The urchins came from Petco surprisingly. They had 3, I took two when I heard they'd only been in the water a couple hrs. I like the name and I loved watching that old show.

Love the urchin picture. Strong little guy to carry so much heavy stuff! Both of mine carry things all the time too. They stuff to carry I did not even know I had in my tank!

I don't think people could do the human equivalent.

I think the old PS2 game Katamari Damacy is the human equivalent. As silly as that game was, it reminds me of your bedazzled urchin. :)

The plot of the game was a tiny prince is on a mission to rebuild stars and the moon, which were accidentally destroyed by his father, the King of All Cosmos. The prince rolls a magical, sticky ball called a katamari around various locations, collecting increasingly larger objects. You start out collecting tiny things like thumbtacks, but eventually the katamari grows to start collecting objects like mountains, so that the ball is eventually big enough to become a star. Very weird. Very Japanese.

51J7SDGJ59L._SX425_.jpg

I think the old PS2 game Katamari Damacy is the human equivalent. As silly as that game was, it reminds me of your bedazzled urchin. :)

The plot of the game was a tiny prince is on a mission to rebuild stars and the moon, which were accidentally destroyed by his father, the King of All Cosmos. The prince rolls a magical, sticky ball called a katamari around various locations, collecting increasingly larger objects. You start out collecting tiny things like thumbtacks, but eventually the katamari grows to start collecting objects like mountains, so that the ball is eventually big enough to become a star. Very weird. Very Japanese.

51J7SDGJ59L._SX425_.jpg

That pic really does look like that urchin. I did undress it today, I haven't checked where they are today yet or what they look like.

Ok, just checked. Each one has a little something on him. It's a tie right now, we'll see who fills up first.

You know what? I hate it when it's 11, feels like 10 and you're hungry but you don't know what you want and it's too late to go out. Yeah, didn't eat a healthy dinner tonight. 2 corn dogs, while yesterday I made some Paleo Pad Thai with Chicken and Shrimp.

Paleo%20Pad%20Thai_zpsz5orcrvn.jpg

They are totally cute in their urchiny way! I wished i could have urchins, but alas they are not a seahorse safe tankmate. Come to think of it, they are pretty brutal on macro algae too.

Luckily, I haven't found them eating my dragon's breath at all in the 10g. My plan is for them to be in my 40g that will be nems, leather, macro & gorgs. Gertie's tank is dangerous for these little ones. She was whacking at the pencil urchins but their armor is thicker probably and they were all much bigger than her.

Fed my red sea star and harlequin a piece of giant mysis

Acid btas just fed as well.

20160323_213619_zpsssfnavwh.jpg

20160323_213524_zpsza5glujd.jpg

20160323_213515_zpsprtugjwh.jpg

Finally got a shot of my 2 different froggies together

20160323_213026_zpswiac0vi4.jpg

20160323_213117_zpstequgkt0.jpg

More pics. I was trying to get the clown and the chalice together. The first one I like the best, even though it's the most blurry, kinda cool effect.

20160323_213331_zps8meuabuv.jpg

20160323_213357_zpsbd2uq4wh.jpg

20160323_213358_zpszknvaoc6.jpg

20160323_213410_zpspviznfxw.jpg

20160323_213414_zps8pqka2tg.jpg

Your clown is a nice contrast to the color of the chalice. Very pretty. Love the picture of your frog spawns and the one of your bubble tips!

Is your flow on or off? When I take pictures, especially top down ones, I often have to turn off the flow or it makes my pictures blurry.

Turned it off but they were swimming across the chalice & kinda chasing each other.

I have a very hard time getting clear pictures of my fish as well. Especially my six line. Busy guy. But I only have a cell phone to take pictures with so I can not control the shutter speed and such. I think they were good!

I have a very hard time getting clear pictures of my fish as well. Especially my six line. Busy guy. But I only have a cell phone to take pictures with so I can not control the shutter speed and such. I think they were good!

Yes they were!

Hows your little urchins doing? They are the cutiest. Your feather still doing well? The purple pin cushin in my 10 is not doing well. I cant figure out what is wrong with him.

Yeh, they're doing well. I think the lighter colored one that always carries things with him has grown some already. However, he did kinda run into the feather and pierced it. I had to be careful pulling it off the feather tunnel. And some snails have kinda gone over the feather too so the feather is feeling run down. They're skimming over his tunnel and damaging it some.

It's looking bad right here.

20160328_213503_zpsgy31rhfd.jpg

And one of each urchin. The bigger one was among the serpent and harlequin with a shell on top, can barely see him.

20160328_213611_zps6wqnbtla.jpg

20160328_213420_zpsiswkqdyh.jpg

And I'm not sure what he was doing but it looks like he's either picking through them or saying, My pretties!!!

20160328_213634_zpsoh8ikfoj.jpg

Archived