Cultivated Reef

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

LOVE that last picture!!! To cute!

The urchins look like they are doing great!

Poor feather. I think they are able to rebuild their tubes when damaged. I hope he can.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, first some of the snails were cleaning up on the tube and they're heavy so they'd yank it down with them. So between the snails, a couple hermits and urchin, it's bruised up.

His crown still looks happy and ok. So maybe the rest will heal and harden up quickly.

Hope so, I've never had one and I put some Reef Bugs in tonight. I alternate with that and Coral Frenzy and some Phyto.

That's so cute! It looks like a little red umbrella! Is it getting enough light? They tend to do that when they're stretching up for light.

That's so cute! It looks like a little red umbrella! Is it getting enough light? They tend to do that when they're stretching up for light.

It was underneath, in the tunnel there before so it crawled out the last couple days.

Reminds me of:

Water-Park-Mushroom-Fiberglass-Product.j

Ha! Oh my God it does! :P

Here's the other one in the front side of the tank that gets more light, they're the same size I think.

20160330_235850_zpsprny16mf.jpg

20160330_235857_zpsp1zgjq7k.jpg

Ah yeah, mushrooms are silly. It will move itself to where it wants to be. They're like BTA's sometimes with how they'll suck themselves all the way down into a crevice and then later realize that they need light :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I took the pipe organ out and put it in the 40g.

And look how much bigger these are! For comparison, previous pics.

20160302_193608_zpsmfip4fly.jpg

The little urchins are doing so well! Love them. The color of your chalice is amazing and the contrast with your fish is wonderful!

Thank You. I've been enjoying the chalice so much in there. I would never had thought to put it in but I was running out of room everywhere else to let it grow and now I love it as the centerpiece.

FlowerMama

Mama & baby are doing well! I don't know what's going to make them get more bubbly. She got long, then she split, then they're returning somewhat to bubbled.

20160502_223315_zps9pmisd3w.jpg

20160502_222913_zps6h5btcbf.jpg

I love their colors together.

20160502_222954_zpstlbgv6bv.jpg

20160502_223134_zpswr1aviw7.jpg

20160502_223151_zpszrz08ics.jpg

FlowerMama

Yes, turned out really awesome. I'm just keeping both in there right now since they're not hurting anyone.

FlowerMama

A year ago first week of June this started as 2 polyps of Double Ds. For just a 10g with no skimmer, I'm proud of it.

20160504_184755_zpsazqityax.jpg

Bta's look really nice together! Are you going to keep the baby? That was your best picture yet of your clown with your chalice. Very pretty. Your little urchin is sooo cute next to your clam. Very sweet. I wish I could find some that small. My urchins are one of my favorite things to watch. Always carrying around different items. Wow, that is some good growth on the double D's. They look happy.

FlowerMama

Yes, I'll keep them both for now.

I found a different setting on my phone that worked better to still the fish more.

How's it going reviving that pipe organ? and what do they look like side-by-side w/ your other?

I love their colors and they do look cute side by side.

All I have is a phone to take pictures with. I can never get a good picture of my fish unless I catch them perfectly still.

They are not doing very well. I figured out I had them in to high flow so moved them a few times to try to save them. They are happier but still not great. The white one I fragged off all the dead so now I have more options as to where I can put it. I am hoping to find their sweet spot soon. I like them so much I hope they turn around.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived