Coral Vue Hydros

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

On the weekend and some on Monday I cleaned cds, dvds and other items out of the half bath closet. Hurray!!! Now I have room to store reef stuffs.

I think I can probably get rid of a few buckets, I have 7, but stacked one on top of another it makes no difference. I guess in an emergency I should hold on to them. But at least I can put one of the Brutes in there and supplies and get them out of my kitchen and hallway. I have a small 4 drawer storage unit on wheels that I can keep in the kitchen. I need to really look through it all and decide what I'm keeping or not.

20160307_211633_zpsdubpoglb.jpg

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annette, is that a water line coming out of the wall? If its a cold water line, you should hook your RODI directly into it and set up a Brute can in there with a float switch to autofill and make it your water mixing station :)

You know Felicia, I don't know, I never asked cuz it's such an odd place. I don't know where that goes.

Here's more picture. I may have to ask my neighbor. We have gas here too. I don't know what PSI or the watts means there.

20160310_203113_zpsiyp4gtem.jpg

20160310_203449_zps7lg3wtqy.jpg

its a pressure regulator, using mounted right after the water meter on the main line coming into the house. 50psi is pretty low, it may reduce your daily rodi output, butt its 50psi after the regulator, could be 100 or so before it (valve side). Watts is just the brand name

Yeah, I had to buy a booster pump because water here in either of my locations was only like 45. Now it sits at 85. Thanks for explaining. I thought maybe gas.

Oh well, I just keep the 20g out w/ the RO/DI on the counter. It's still convenient.

That's probably for the best. It would be convenient to have the RODI filter plumbed directly in the close, but there's really no place to insert a fitting due to the way the pressure regulator and cut off valve are plumbed. You'd probably have to hire a plumber to modify it for you.

But the good news is now you know where to turn off the water if you ever have a pipe burst :)

Yeah having a fish closet would be awesome, but it does look like it would be hard to plumb into that water line. I plumbed my RODI directly into the coldwater line for my kitchen sink, but that was much easier compared to that. Someday I so want a fish room to confine my water mixing and mess to!

Yeah having a fish closet would be awesome, but it does look like it would be hard to plumb into that water line. I plumbed my RODI directly into the coldwater line for my kitchen sink, but that was much easier compared to that. Someday I so want a fish room to confine my water mixing and mess to!

Me too!!! To the fish Room!

Me too!!! To the fish Room!

It would definitely be my bat cave if I had one. :lol: I joke that when I buy a house I'm going to need a man cave for my scuba stuff and fish stuff. :D Its going to have a drain in the floor, an epic work bench and power tools, crazy RODI reservoir and mixing station, etc.

It would definitely be my bat cave if I had one. :lol: I joke that when I buy a house I'm going to need a man cave for my scuba stuff and fish stuff. :D Its going to have a drain in the floor, an epic work bench and power tools, crazy RODI reservoir and mixing station, etc.

I love it!!!!

I did a hefty water change mid afternoon, probably 40% as I couldn't tell if the Seachem nitrate kit was reading 5 or 10. I have to start getting on my game since I'm 90% moved in, put away over here finally. I did same for Gertie.

I just checked again though and it's clear it's reading a 10 for both tanks. Neither tank has a skimmer, both have carbon, floss and macro. I'm going to do another 1/3 water change for both tomorrow. Then I'll see how it is on Sunday.

When I have the 40 going I'll have the skimmer of course and then also carbon in the AC70 filter. And I plan on macro, gorgs, leathers, softies and nems.

That's hilarious!

I just don't get it. Neither does he.

Love the urchin! Mine picks up all kind of crazy stuff all the time. At least yours picked up shells and other pretty things. Mine kept finding clumps of hair algae to carry around so he looked all ugly. I always pull his stuff off during water changes and then he goes on the hunt for more.

Love the urchin! Mine picks up all kind of crazy stuff all the time. At least yours picked up shells and other pretty things. Mine kept finding clumps of hair algae to carry around so he looked all ugly. I always pull his stuff off during water changes and then he goes on the hunt for more.

Yeh, maybe I'll pull it off of him and see if the other one gets the point. I don't know how an urchin doesn't urchin.

Yeh, maybe I'll pull it off of him and see if the other one gets the point. I don't know how an urchin doesn't urchin.

Seems like each urchin is different. One of yours likes to dress up and one is more casual :lol:

ha!!! Oh that is so funny! You need to take pictures!

cowabunga-reefer

I'm actually dealing with this company now and having issues. $80 worth of dead coral the two times they shipped. Hope your experience is better!

No, I got my cleaning crew from AquariumDepot along w/ the feather and crab, found out after it was Reefs2go.

Archived