Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

Those little urchins are so cute and such nice additions to your tank. I enjoyed the video of them.

Thanks, I just got home and they're doing well. One is on the back wall. The other is on the rock with the green acid bta.

I love the little urchins as well. The one I got from KP was supposed to be nano as well and was way larger than I thought it would be. It was so large I had to rehome him. I looked and looked and found a much smaller one in Atlanta at a LFS. I love him. I have a tuxedo in my 20L and a purple pincushion in my 10. Yours are the smallest I have ever seen for sale. Just adorable. I would not have been able to pass them up either. To sweet!

These are truly nano sized! I'm in love with these guys. What should I call them?

20160303_180936_zpsnvjtfrxr.jpg

20160303_180945_zpst3evnsie.jpg

20160303_180950_zpsxw1tcm00.jpg

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are so cute! I wonder how something so spiky ends up being so adorable-looking? :wub:

I love your tank, by the way. The banded shrimp is awesome.

Awww in the top picture he looks like a little star in the sky!

Or looks like a little ornament for a Christmas Tree!

They are so cute! I wonder how something so spiky ends up being so adorable-looking? :wub:

I love your tank, by the way. The banded shrimp is awesome.

Thanks lallen and welcome to NR, see you haven't been here long but hope you're enjoying yourself. And I don't know either. I think now baby rfas and baby pencil urchins are tied for the most adorable babies. Aside from maybe baby snickers, cuz those baby seahorses are like head with tail and that's all. Though I have to say I saw some baby pygmy file fish at Petco when I got these urchins and they were damned cute.

Very pretty. Especially the purple one. I know some people dont like urchins at all but I love mine and watch them all the time. I keep things glued down well and so the only things they move around are little things they find and carry about,

Very pretty. Especially the purple one. I know some people dont like urchins at all but I love mine and watch them all the time. I keep things glued down well and so the only things they move around are little things they find and carry about,

Yeah, they didn't have any frags to deal with so they worked well in a nem tank. They didn't bother the nems at all.

Those little urchins are adorable! Not an adjective I would have thought to use for urchins, but these definitely fit the bill!

I'm so glad that your duster has finally made a full appearance. :)

Those little urchins are adorable! Not an adjective I would have thought to use for urchins, but these definitely fit the bill!

I'm so glad that your duster has finally made a full appearance. :)

Thanks! I'm curious to see how they'll change. The one is more white, the other pink/lavender. I think urchins are more sturdy than people give them credit for. Petco had them out of the bag and had been in their tank 2 hrs, had them in mine temp acclimating then a little water more every 10 mins to match the salinity and all was done fairly quickly as the water was getting cooler and they're doing well.

I'm glad they're doing well! I rarely go to Petco but I have found it's worth visiting every once in a while because I never know when they will randomly stock something worthwhile. I've managed to get a green banded goby, a pom pom crab, and a black clown fish so far. None of the "good" LFS's usually stock any of these :)

Definitely a surprise because I've never seen any in shops here either. There are only 2 shops that have coral, inverts. And the Petco is just about across the street. Most times it's just to look at something during lunch, pass the time and look sadly at the fish that are among cyano or have ich, etc. Time before this one they had a a large cleaner of some kind, like a large slug, oh yeah, a sea hare, thing was about 6" long, huge. Couldn't iimagine having it in a tank. So sometimes I see things I've certainly never seen anywhere. They also had what looked like a saltwater pleco, looked like a large tadpole. I forgot what it was called.

I'm loving this pic w/ my cell phone.

20160306_230334_zpsqczdislr.jpg

Then my frogspawn, I can't ever get a good pic of my bicolor so that's why I don't have one up yet.

20160306_230225_zpsjg48dmp3.jpg

I'm loving this pic w/ my cell phone.

20160306_230334_zpsqczdislr.jpg

Then my frogspawn, I can't ever get a good pic of my bicolor so that's why I don't have one up yet.

20160306_230225_zpsjg48dmp3.jpg

Nice photos!!!!

everything is looking great!

Sometimes you get lucky at the local Petcos ;) I think Stella has the best luck from what I have seen so far. But those look like a nice find.

Feather is looking real good!

Sometimes you get lucky at the local Petcos ;) I think Stella has the best luck from what I have seen so far. But those look like a nice find.

Feather is looking real good!

They had one more there but I didn't get it. These were the smallest. Of course they had cyano in their tanks but not in this tank and he said they'd only been out of the bag for 2 hrs.

Frog spawn is big and fluffy...so pretty. It was worth waiting for your feather duster to acclimate. A real beauty. Very nice in your tank!

It's growing slowly and that is just fine. It doesn't have to get big in this 10g to be noticeable.

Beautiful photos, Annette! I love those tiny urchins. They're adorable!

I know! Now I want tiny pink urchins :)

And i LOVE that feather duster photo!

Thank You thank you. I accidentally squirted too much Phyto feast into the tank last night. The cap was stuck so I pressed harder and it then splashed in. I'll be doing a water change. Don't want cyano.

Archived