SaltCritters.com

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

thecoralbeauty

Congrats on the new place!! I like your wall color choices too. And the white background. I wish my 50gal had come with a white background option, and i considered peeling off the black backing to paint it white, but with the black overflow in the middle, i thought it might look strange.

LOVE reigna.... so beautiful!!

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the new place!! I like your wall color choices too. And the white background. I wish my 50gal had come with a white background option, and i considered peeling off the black backing to paint it white, but with the black overflow in the middle, i thought it might look strange.

LOVE reigna.... so beautiful!!

Thank You. For some reason I still can't feel as excited about it as I know I should be. What is wrong with me?? I guess it's because I'm leaving this duplex where I had the best 3.5 yrs of my life. At least the mortgage company underwriters stopped asking for stupid things so we could move on. The realtor paid for this condo questionnaire that had to be done and they'll have me answer it at closing. They haven't told me anything about any delay yet. 17 more days to go til closing.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, hopefully having closing very soon. USDA has my loan but there's this new rule from 10/1, has to sit for 3 days in holding, then they can process it which stinks this time of year as there are already holidays back to back. I didn't realize been so long w/o pics here.

I'm bad, all I have in here is floss and macro which is taking up half the tank. When I move this tank will be changed up some anyway. Everyone is fine in here though, including the 2 froggies.

20151222_181319_zpsk78123gv.jpg

20151222_181325_zps7rnzamjo.jpg

• 1 month later...

My bta went for a walk and now he's on the left upper side under the hob filter. I think I'll have to move the caulerpa into Gertie's tank and hopefully it'll find itself a new rock down there to sit on. Right now you can barely see Lil Bit.

20160130_165407_zps0bdylezv.jpg

And I'm still thinking of putting the grandis paly in here because the light in Gert's isn't doing it justice.

20160130_165423_zpslbnphyri.jpg

what's that coral top right?? looks like a monti but i know it's not

It is, it's the one I had in Maiden's Voyage in the bottom right on the sand. It looks much different in scope here in this 10g.

20160130_183821_zpscc2rlt7o.jpg

Sorry, I thought you were asking the furthest right which was a red monti. Yes, it is a purple chalice w/ highlighter green potato eyes.

And I couldn't stand it, I just plucked a wad of caulerpa out and put it on the right in Gerti's tank.

20160130_185103_zpshwtppite.jpg

20160130_190657_zpsviw0no4d.jpg

20160130_190713_zpsclyfgcg5.jpg

Sorry, I thought you were asking the furthest right which was a red monti. Yes, it is a purple chalice w/ highlighter green potato eyes.

And I couldn't stand it, I just plucked a wad of caulerpa out and put it on the right in Gerti's tank.

20160130_185103_zpshwtppite.jpg

20160130_190657_zpsviw0no4d.jpg

20160130_190713_zpsclyfgcg5.jpg

Looks almost like a hollywood stunner with bigger eyes. Very pretty.

Yeh, I don't remember the name of it, I got it in Charlotte at Nemo's Reef, it was an inch big at the time. And they're more like splotches rather than little eyes.

It used to be a complete oval but the top side was "killed" by the green acid bta, it had decided to sit up there on it so one part wilted, another ended up cracking off.

I didnt read through all the pages but saw you considering a possum or pink stripe wrasse. I currently have had a pink stripe for almost a year now and love him. Hes very shy but does a great job cleaning up. The down side is he eat every shrimp I put in the tank. I found out the hard way with 5 sexy shrimp. Then I got a large cleaner shrimp bigger then him that also became an expensive lunch.

Three days ago I got in my possum and he really was the coolest fish I've ever seen. Unfortunately he did not ship well and didnt make it I still plan on getting another as he had a very cool personality.

I can't do anything now w/ a possum, after the tank crash in the 40g electrocution event I had to move my 2 clowns into this 10g. Eventually they'll be back in the 40g.

Reigna is deciding she didn't like that left corner. Last night she was there. Today she's migrated to the center back of the tank. I have cuc coming in several days, really been absent lately from my tanks. People sell them individually out here and it's expensive.

20160202_184035_zps8emcc459.jpg

Here's the cyano in the front part of the tank like I mentioned in my other thread. I need to face the power head down more.

20160202_184043_zpsq2z4cg9i.jpg

You know about reefcleaners for clean up crew, right? Unless you want crabs, you can get a ton of snails for very little money including shipping. Crabs need overnight shipping so they cost more.

I finally stopped Reigna's nonsense. She was in the back left looking pitiful. I moved the flow in a different direction, take a razor and cleanly slid her off the back and set her down on a rock back left and fed her.

20160204_225108_zpsqxvfm1zs.jpg

20160204_225023_zpspgy1clna.jpg

Archived