Coral Vue Hydros

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

Maybe wait a while and then move the rock how you like it.

When I got my anemone, it decided on an odd spot on the bottom right of my right island. It stayed there for a few days, so then I just rotated the rock so the Anemone is front and center :)

Yeah, I turn the rock she's on too so I can see it better actually. I know, we're selfish aren't we!

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I turned the rock so I could see her as she was facing the back today. And I fed her. Shrimp has nothin' on her. And I've decided to give my acid rain bta a name. Reigna.

Wow! SO FLUFFY!

I know. I've never seen her like this before. She's 5" across from bottom to top.

Beautiful! One happy Nem!

Yes, but her tentacles are touching the glass so she still may end up moving but hopefully not any time soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi FlowerMama,

I saw in another thread that you have or had a tailspot blenny. I was thinking about adding one to my tank. I currently have an ocellaris, a lubbock's fairy wrasse, and a flag tail goby. Is the blenny going to pick on anybody? I had a falco hawkfish for two days who acted like a big jerk to everybody in the tank until I removed him.

Will this blenny get along?

Thanks for letting me threadjack!

Those blennies are very gentle and hide, back-up into their little holes in the rocks they claim as their homes. I'd be concerned about the wrasse and ocellaris scaring him actually.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, too long without a post. Back in June I bought this one Double D paly from VIP Reef and I'm happy to say it has 4 polyps now. It's the most expensive I ever bought at 39.99 so sure am glad it grew some more heads.

20151122_135833_zpsfpxotkcc.jpg

No news here otherwise. The shrimp, acid rain bta, harlequin and red sea star are all continuing to do well. In 4 more weekends I'll be closing so I'm happy about that. I'm just not happy about moving 3 tanks over. This one as small as it is, I'm hoping to just remove 2/3 of the water, carry it over in a bin and set it down. Still thinking of having it on the walnut chest, under the opening to the kitchen outlook, I see an outlet there and can't think of anything else there that I would need an outlet for.

home5_zpsmgpnn7ku.jpg

A walnut floor is going in and I'm painting that accent wall a prettier, brighter shade of burgandy and the remaining walls taupe.

20151122_141034_zpsk4eq5dlf.jpg

Once I move I want to put in this guy. two-spot bimaculatus blenny. And some other fish, maybe some kind of blue damsel for color.

two-spot-bimaculatus-blenny-ecsenius-bim

I really like your tank!

What color did you paint the back?

White, but even then the Par38 bulb is making it more light blue.

I also have Gertie's tank white and it's under a Coral Compulsion Par 30

and then on the other side a cheapo marineland light strip and it looks different too. Just depends on the light.

20151016_200503_zpsakygresp.jpg

Archived