SaltCritters.com

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

That is a beautiful starfish. I have never seen one moving like that before out in the open. So many people on here have such a diverse amount of critters in there systems. Very cool! Nice tank too!

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice brittle! I have two brown banded brittles and I love them. One of them - the larger one - is quite bold and actively roams the tank even when the lights are on. The second smaller one is more shy. :wub:

Thanks, they're called Harlequins.

That is a beautiful starfish. I have never seen one moving like that before out in the open. So many people on here have such a diverse amount of critters in there systems. Very cool! Nice tank too!

Thank You. Both the red one and the harlequin were in the 60g so they're had to go into the 10g right now. The 34 is jam packed and already has a shrimp and I can't put him in with Gertie in the 20g as she'll beat it up. Not ideal but as long as I feed them they should be ok for 4 mos til I move and well, I guess another month while the 40g cycles for the flowers.

And just because... Did a water change in my 34g. This tank is next once the water is made in a little while.

20% water change done! I forge how easy it is to do in a 10g. I also did 10g from my 34g tank.

I used to dread it anymore but I think part of is the excitement of moving down the line and wanting to make sure the corals are healthy and healthier for the move. And it'll be so wonderful to have the rock flower 40g on the same floor. And I plan to have vinyl squares as flooring, unless laminate isn't that much more but there I worry about water moisture making it come up. But..it'll be easy to move the Brute over from one tank to the next and then use the pump to send the water back into the tank. Carpet in the living room meant carrying the 5g buckets back n' forth.

REALLY? The shrimp will eat it's own shell? That's freakimg awesome!

It won't make a significant amount of ammonia/nitrate?

No, it's a shell not dead flesh. I always leave them in. The hermits love them as do the shrimp.

Your dog is a serious game player. Good grip! We have one dog here that does not like to lose or release when playing tug-a-war. Glad to hear you got your tank clean. I did mine this morning as well. I am always amazed how dirty my old tank water looks in my white buckets as I remove it.

So, local club FB admin is giving away a 6line free as he's moving so I said yes. I couldn't help it. Of course I'm moving in 4 mos but I'll figure it out.

cant complain about free!

Yes, but I decided I'm in return giving him a frag of something since he made a really nice offer.

Look how nice this was....

I'm breaking down two tanks because I am moving. We have a six line wrasse and yellow tang free to a good home. All of our coral can be purchased at heavily discounted prices or free if you give me a frag back in 6 months.

Yes, but I decided I'm in return giving him a frag of something since he made a really nice offer.

Look how nice this was....

I'm breaking down two tanks because I am moving. We have a six line wrasse and yellow tang free to a good home. All of our coral can be purchased at heavily discounted prices or free if you give me a frag back in 6 months.

love it. so nice of him

I just thought too that's a really nice idea for people who are moving and want to have it back at a later time. Nice way to go about it. Like frag it on!!

I am so behind right now! Going through all the threads playing catch up. I love this new little tank! Was a perfect upgrade from the Evolve. :)

I am so behind right now! Going through all the threads playing catch up. I love this new little tank! Was a perfect upgrade from the Evolve. :)

Thank you. I just don't know what it'll look like when I move it. I don't know yet what corals I'm keeping or not from the 34 but everything I do have in the 10 will stay, just overcrowded right now and I'll need to work on the landscape once i'm settled again. I'll probably move the one gorg from the 34 to this tank permanently. And I pick up the 6 line next week probably. Then when I'm moved I want to get that bimaculatus blenny. The sea stars will have to go into the 40, as will the conchs that my one friend is holding onto, and my other friend Randi that has my urchins. I miss all my other critters.

He's definitely dark red but the flash made him red/orange. He might be hiding now or it's just claimed the top of the heater. In the 60 it used to hide on top of the circulation pump.

I just thought too that's a really nice idea for people who are moving and want to have it back at a later time. Nice way to go about it. Like frag it on!!

Like paying it fragward!

New gorg. Local sold it after having to move. It's a good 8" so I thought $15 was normal. I don't know what kind it is but it's different than the other one I have so I don't care.

20150817_173654_zpspkpxvzur.jpg

Different view.

20150817_220055_zpsdg9frpnh.jpg

Or maybe it's the same, but one is in more light than the other. Unsure.

One moment the acid rain bta is all large and flowy, the next she's fallen as the rock she's on must have turned due to the weight or something. The small rock turned in when it fell into the other rock. I tried righting it but it's already trying to grab and I can't tell where so I'll just leave it and see how she does and hope she looks better tomorrow as right now she looks cramped within herself. Bent over in herself.

20150822_220319_zpsyidnqaww.jpg

I hate it when rocks do stuff like that. They fit perfect and dont move when you wiggle them and then they fall over later. I have started to just put a small dab of super glue on everything in my tank to keep things more stable. If I need to move it later I just snap it off and peel off the super glue. I have totally stopped using putty. It turns to stone and If I want to move something later I cant with out getting out the tile cutters. I bet she will just stretch up and puff up fine there.

Archived