SaltCritters.com

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

Praise God! I am so happy for you. I pray you get the perfect fit of a home for you and your tanks! And I agree...you will be a great administrator!

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations, Annette! I'm so happy that you got approved. Even though the timeframe sounds tight, I'm sure it is still a weight off your shoulders. Also awesome news about being recognized by your local group! :flower:

Praise God! I am so happy for you. I pray you get the perfect fit of a home for you and your tanks! And I agree...you will be a great administrator!

Oh Thank You. Guess I was right about the signs meaning something. Of course was really scared and shocked on Wed when they told us, and depressed and by last Fri going into the weekend I knew I had to act fast and make a major decision to lessen my housing cost. And yes, I'd already thanked God for watching out for me. I hope to find a perfect spot. somewhat seclusive but not reclusive.

YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!! So glad about the loan!

Just the most risky thing I ever did taking out a loan when I know I won't have a job in 4 mos.

nice! so what's happening at work then? are you staying at your job or looking for a new one?

Well, they've been interviewing at work but I put in my application too and they haven't asked me. Unfortunately my boss was in mtgs today so I couldn't get to her to ask if she submitted my application that she had to sign. Either she signs or doesn't but has to let me know. I'll ask on Monday if she submitted but overall it's only postponing the inevitable over there, that none of us can imagine the positions being there past a yr. Maybe she told me to to stress because she knows my spot will be extended for a couple mos- 6 mos but she can't say? I don't know. I DO know one thing. I can only focus on one thing at a time. Right now it will be organizing things here.

I sold a living room old chair w/ footstool and a red recliner today for $80 so that will go toward my credit card. Tomorrow I will go to modular home builder location w/ my mother at 2pm and pick a floor plan probably and set up times for the following weekend to see properties. NOW... she is a Polish mother, and extremely critical, it probably means she's the best person to go with me. I've bought a home before however, she's bought 5 over her lifetime in the U.S. so she has much more experience. She'll tell you oh that's nice and in the car berate it. She told me she was proud of me, and said I'll be saving money.....and here it comes..so "now you can buy some clothes!". You never feel good enough . The compliment....then the jab.

Congratulations, Annette! I'm so happy that you got approved. Even though the timeframe sounds tight, I'm sure it is still a weight off your shoulders. Also awesome news about being recognized by your local group! :flower:

Thank you. Yeah, tight timeframe for sure, that's why I need to get on it. I do have 1 specific request for sure, ceiling fans in every room. I need circulation to sleep well. Additionally, if I can swing a hot tub I'll do it. So it'll feel like vacation even when I'm home.

And yeah, I was excited to be asked. I've already thought of fun things. So far we're just a FB group.

Throwback Thursdays- pic/explanation of first time or retired tanks, lighting or other equipment.
Trigger Tues- what set you off, annoyed you in this hobby.
Wasteful Wednesdays- pic/explanation of what you bought that didn't work as intended or was
overpriced.

Thank you. I sooooo needed it today. Additionally I was asked my our local fish group admin to be an admin on our FB so that's nice too. I feel after learning so much I have a great deal to share and I notice people that aren't on forums like this one, don't really understand the sharing of ideas or pictures so much. The local group began back in Jan or so and now has 65 members. So I'm glad I can help.

Thank You Muraki. Do you have any great lfs your way in Raleigh? I'm not looking forward to the move of the tanks but I have help with that.

The "Reef Farm" Probably the best place you can go in Raleigh. I live like 10 minutes away and didn't even know it until recently. They don't sell anything that wasn't captive breed or grown.

The "Reef Farm" Probably the best place you can go in Raleigh. I live like 10 minutes away and didn't even know it until recently. They don't sell anything that wasn't captive breed or grown.

Oh, nice. TY. As soon as I can get my rock flower tank going again I hope to have my own captive bred/grown rock flowers. I'll have to check them out.

i hope things work out at work too, and they can extend your job as long as possible so you have more time to prepare. change is hard but you have a great positive attitude!

funny thing about your mother. My wife refused to let my mom come with us to house showings because my mom can be very very critical too =P.

i hope things work out at work too, and they can extend your job as long as possible so you have more time to prepare. change is hard but you have a great positive attitude!

funny thing about your mother. My wife refused to let my mom come with us to house showings because my mom can be very very critical too =P.

My whole extended family, every Aunt and female cousin are like, to every visitor, let me show you my house, like it's some big show n' tell. I'm not into the "showing off" game or keeping up with the Joneses. I figure if someone wants to look they can ask me.

I'm fixing my resume. It's been stuck in this job's lingo for internal movement from my last position to this one. I have to now unlearn it, uncode it to something more generic that's more understandable. And probably try to write it from perspectives from different disciplines. So I have a lot to do. My brother and some friends of his in Phoenix are really good at this. I'll have to work on it.

Red came out looking for food. Another snail was missing so it was time I fed him again.

20150726_145306_zpspcnapcwo.jpg

20150726_145321_zpshpu0jokl.jpg

Everything is doing well.

Oh, it went well with my mother. She was impressed and felt better about the whole thing. She was thinking matchstick boxes, not modulars so she'd never been in one. Saw 3 models all bigger than I want, then one home with 1 more week of fixing up and then my friend's finished house which she closes on this week. So it was fun. I'll be talking w/ a lady on Tues after work and then hoping to see 3 properties on Sat, one of them being across from my other friend's home since she said .57 acre was available across the street from her and she moves in tomorrow. So both girls who sit across from me closed within a few days of each other and went through the same company.

Time to go do laundry and clean out the 20g fuge from the 60. The joy of Sunday cleaning.

Glad to hear/see things are going well! Love the starfish, I might get one down the road, always loved them.

This one, my harlequin, my urchin and nano-sea egg, all came from KP Aquatics. Excellent prices on them. So worth it, even w/ the shipping.

Saved that link! I have been looking for a basket star, would love to be able to keep one. Just have to be patient and let my tank cycle.

Snow_Phoenix

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but good to know that things are finally looking up! :happy:

Red looks so adorable! He reminds me of my previous green brittle - all fuzzy and fearless.

Also, one quick question regarding your shrimp - does he bother any fish in any of your previous setups? I might be getting either a cave/ghost/gold banded CBS or the equivalent (something with pincers, actually). :)

Red is so cute! I have always wanted one but worried about the preditory side of them. I love my stomatella snails so much and dont want them to start to go missing. :) I love KP aquatics as well. They really gave me alot of extras in my order from them when I ordered and their prices are great. All healthy stock and lost nothing in shipping or after wards. Would order from them again in a heart beat.

Loved the video. Everything is looking great. Is that clove polyps on the left or a gongipora? Very pretty.

Sounds like things are moving along nicely in finding a new home to own! Very exciting and fun.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but good to know that things are finally looking up! :happy:

Red looks so adorable! He reminds me of my previous green brittle - all fuzzy and fearless.

Also, one quick question regarding your shrimp - does he bother any fish in any of your previous setups? I might be getting either a cave/ghost/gold banded CBS or the equivalent (something with pincers, actually). :)

Well, it's my first shrimp ever other than the mantis and the snapping shrimp in the 34g which I've never seen but once. So far he doesn't bother any fish.

Red is so cute! I have always wanted one but worried about the preditory side of them. I love my stomatella snails so much and dont want them to start to go missing. :) I love KP aquatics as well. They really gave me alot of extras in my order from them when I ordered and their prices are great. All healthy stock and lost nothing in shipping or after wards. Would order from them again in a heart beat.

Loved the video. Everything is looking great. Is that clove polyps on the left or a gongipora? Very pretty.

Sounds like things are moving along nicely in finding a new home to own! Very exciting and fun.

The Red Sea Star does eat my astreas since putting him in a tank upstairs. When he was in my 60g w/ no snails at all, he survived on feedings I gave him but yes, given the opp for a snail, he's gone for it. The white are pipe organ.

Yes, I am really happy about the home situation. Today I was told at 9:47 that I had an interview at 10 for an internal position in the dept over. You know, there are maybe 6 spots for 35 people. If I get it, it won't happen til Sept 1 but hoping. It's a shame it could be less money but 1) I'm already established there but even w/ this don't know how long and 2) wouldn't have to interview and 3) could keep my same workmates. It's just difficult when you don't have respect for the overall business you work for.

I still might be applying elsewhere once my housing situation gets more squared away. I feel like I didn't work here 8 yrs this Sept to move to another dept for lesser pay. Someone outside has to appreciate me perhaps.

The Red Sea Star does eat my astreas since putting him in a tank upstairs. When he was in my 60g w/ no snails at all, he survived on feedings I gave him but yes, given the opp for a snail, he's gone for it. The white are pipe organ.

Yes, I am really happy about the home situation. Today I was told at 9:47 that I had an interview at 10 for an internal position in the dept over. You know, there are maybe 6 spots for 35 people. If I get it, it won't happen til Sept 1 but hoping. It's a shame it could be less money but 1) I'm already established there but even w/ this don't know how long and 2) wouldn't have to interview and 3) could keep my same workmates. It's just difficult when you don't have respect for the overall business you work for.

I still might be applying elsewhere once my housing situation gets more squared away. I feel like I didn't work here 8 yrs this Sept to move to another dept for lesser pay. Someone outside has to appreciate me perhaps.

Sometimes money is money, but I do you find something with good pay and an appreciative work environment!

Thanks Kimberbee! The new supervisor I would go to work for does appreciate, my current boss is an actress, total fake. But the overall business company we're owned by only looks at the bottom line, the money in their pockets. But even that being the case, internally it does so much if you say, thank you, you really did a great job pulling that together, resolving that issue, etc.

I'm hoping that back-up works out. Meeting the lady tomorrow after work that will help me find property. My newly found friend who sits across from me said there's a .57 acre property across from hers, and she just closed and moved in to her new home/property Mon. I'm hoping it works out as I want to get this going. I'm so excited. And it's 30 mins from work which is only 5 mins more than what I do now.

And I'm thinking future that maybe me & Sara can go halvesies on mulch, gravel for the driveway, etc. You have to think of those things.

Archived