inTank Media Baskets

Nameless and Shameless- This tank will be coming down.

FlowerMama

Ha! Well, she totally took herself off the 1.25" small rock on which she came. The good thing about being on that one rock is that I could move her easily but she had different plans. I just feel before she could spread out more but her choice. She'll move again if she doesn't like it. The tank will be rearranged anyway when I move in Dec. I don't want to fill this tank up as I want the bta to be the show piece of it. Light doesn't come on til 2pm so later I'll try get a pic of her.

20150823_110347_zpscmtervb8.jpg

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do have a mind of their own. Especially if they are not happy. She is pretty and will make a great show piece!

Enjoyed a mineral springs hot tub for 2 hrs in Hot Springs, NC today and had a friend join me too. He was green with envy.

20150823_124259_zpscd6oekjc.jpg

And my bta today is doing fine.

20150823_181312_zpscclyygbf.jpg

Hot tub, how relaxing! Sounds wonderful! Cute catterpiller too!

Glad your Nem is happy now. She looked so droopy and sad when her rock went over.

Hot tub, how relaxing! Sounds wonderful! Cute catterpiller too!

Glad your Nem is happy now. She looked so droopy and sad when her rock went over.

She sure did look sad and scrunched. Well, she didn't stay their long after she kicked out the rock. Came home today and she had moved down completely. I remember saying she wouldn't be happy.

20150826_212840_zpsgjdeq0va.jpg

Thats a happy anemone! Cute caterpillar!

I was actually bitten by the most poisonous caterpillar in America- luckily thats not TOO poisonous lol. Hurt like hell though and had red lines up my arm :o

Thats a happy anemone! Cute caterpillar!

I was actually bitten by the most poisonous caterpillar in America- luckily thats not TOO poisonous lol. Hurt like hell though and had red lines up my arm :o

They bite? :huh: To my knowledge it is normally the barbs.

Yep, barbs then. I hear those suck..... How many hours did the pain last?

As I recall like 3 hours. Almost went to the ER because the red streaks up my arm, but my mom was like "It's not deadly, here's an Advil and suck it up" :lol:

As I recall like 3 hours. Almost went to the ER because the red streaks up my arm, but my mom was like "It's not deadly, here's an Advil and suck it up" :lol:

Haha, sounds like me with a copperhead bite. Pain for about 5 hours, swelling for a few days.... I hear the puss caterpillar can cause pain for 12-24 hours under horrible circumstances.

Yikes! You guys are tough. Although I did knock my head good the other day and should have went in for stitches and didnt. If it was one of my kids I would have taken them. I just prayed about it and looked up concussions on line and waited it out.

Nem looks really good there by the way!

Oh man! That sounds awful!

I love that BTA, Annette!!! And your getaway sounds awesome!

Oh man! That sounds awful!

I love that BTA, Annette!!! And your getaway sounds awesome!

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it though work has taken all the excitement out of it but that front is looking better. Rumor has it from managers that say too much is that the outsourcing is really behind with getting it all together, so hopefully that means extending me to the end of Dec if not, I hope, another 6 mos. That at least would mean no problem with the employment verification check and I wouldn't have to move and look for a job all at one time.

I hope your situation works out for you and yours.

Thank You Anden. I hope one day there is another to love. Right now I have memories. We used to work together as well, later he became sick and passed. This is a new chapter in my life, to move to a new home on my own and start my tanks over. I am happy to move. When my husband was alive we only had freshwater fish, a catfish, 2 firemouth, 2 jack dempsey, 2 or 3 silver dollars and 2 blood parrots. My sister strongly suggested I learn about saltwater and reefing. This hobby very much helped me get through the loneliness I felt. I learned so much here and made friends and the learning kept me very busy which was very helpful for me mentally.

Hopefully the nem will find a comfy spot soon and settle down. Still looks puffy but not really spread out like it feels at home. It is so pretty. About how big is it? Hard to judge from a picture. Your dog is so cute. Love his freckles on his muzzle.

Thank you, she really is a green and rich evergreen color, just so much blue from the lights it saps the color in the pic.

Maybe wait a while and then move the rock how you like it.

When I got my anemone, it decided on an odd spot on the bottom right of my right island. It stayed there for a few days, so then I just rotated the rock so the Anemone is front and center :)

Archived