Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lime Box IM10

Merthynia

36453542645_59dc2fd1f8_z.jpg

36285086642_f537b49bfe_z.jpg

35645728803_a54e6253eb_z.jpg

Little bit of ugliness going on in the tank. This is expected though after a move. I think the front and center rock is not worth keeping, I do not like those blah palys on it and it has quite a bit of hair algae going on. Some of the polyps are opening slowly, the merlettis are a complete loss as well as most of my mushrooms. :( One of the fish stores around home is having an anniversary sale in a few weeks, we will see how the tank is going by then. I still would like to sell the clowns to someone. Any nano-reefers in the KC metro? Maybe a trade?

The captain America palys are still alive, hopefully they will regain their colors.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Merthynia said:

36453542645_59dc2fd1f8_z.jpg

36285086642_f537b49bfe_z.jpg

35645728803_a54e6253eb_z.jpg

Little bit of ugliness going on in the tank. This is expected though after a move. I think the front and center rock is not worth keeping, I do not like those blah palys on it and it has quite a bit of hair algae going on. Some of the polyps are opening slowly, the merlettis are a complete loss as well as most of my mushrooms. :( One of the fish stores around home is having an anniversary sale in a few weeks, we will see how the tank is going by then. I still would like to sell the clowns to someone. Any nano-reefers in the KC metro? Maybe a trade?

The captain America palys are still alive, hopefully they will regain their colors.

Sorry your tank's having such a rough go right now :( Hope things perk up soon!

• Like 1

Found my blue legged coral banded shrimp stuck to the powerhead today. Removed all the dead coral skeletons from the sand and scrubbed the glass a bit. The three fish are still alive and two hermit crabs. Found out that the LFS that I was super excited about has flatworms after I bought coral from them and got them home. I found them during the dip, so I did an extended dip/rinse with flatworm Exit included and a super close inspection. I've had flatworms in the past and don't really want to go through all of that again either.

16 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Found my blue legged coral banded shrimp stuck to the powerhead today. Removed all the dead coral skeletons from the sand and scrubbed the glass a bit. The three fish are still alive and two hermit crabs. Found out that the LFS that I was super excited about has flatworms after I bought coral from them and got them home. I found them during the dip, so I did an extended dip/rinse with flatworm Exit included and a super close inspection. I've had flatworms in the past and don't really want to go through all of that again either.

:wacko: At least the fish and crabs are still alive?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Merthynia said:

That sucks!! The last time I bought from one of my favorite LFS it was a hammer that had flatworms all over it... sooooo disappointing. Is that the only one in the area? (and what did you get?!?!)

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:23 AM, kimberbee said:

That sucks!! The last time I bought from one of my favorite LFS it was a hammer that had flatworms all over it... sooooo disappointing. Is that the only one in the area? (and what did you get?!?!)

It seems to be the one closest to me. The others are a good 30-45 minute drive from what I can see. I got a little colony of zoas, a single head Duncan and a small speck of lepto.

36387204122_2accac7cf4_z.jpg

Surprisingly the grandis palys seem to have survived even though they were in the bucket where everything crashed.

35746456703_91a1b928d7_z.jpg

Did a waterchange and cleaned off the glass a bit. Still plenty of ugliness going on.

35720758104_4de16f12c2_z.jpg

Captain America palys look slightly more colorful, but still extremely dull.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just fed the tank so everything is looking a bit pissed. I don't know why I always forget to take pictures prior to feeding. I got a shipment of coral in this week from Cherry Corals.

36095689084_d8b1f20cbf_z.jpg

36121601613_93313fa484_z.jpg

36533704670_acc22f83a2_z.jpg

36790114731_c3ebff9930_z.jpg

36929809635_6355178807_z.jpg

The less atinic looking pictures were taken from before the war on the cyano. Sharp-eyed people may notice the rocks have changed too. I took out that rock covered in invasive palys/hair algae and put a different rock in to help rid myself of pests. I haven't decided completely if I like the changes made or not, but it's a good step into the right direction.

• Like 3

You have pink hippos :wub:.  My favorite palythoa.  Unfortunately I always have trouble keeping them alive.  I'm going to try again when I go to RAP :lol:.

What all did you get from Cherry Corals?

21 hours ago, gena said:

You have pink hippos :wub:.  My favorite palythoa.  Unfortunately I always have trouble keeping them alive.  I'm going to try again when I go to RAP :lol:.

What all did you get from Cherry Corals?

I do?! Which ones?

Green eye Merletti,  two nice sized clusters of unnamed zoas, gobstoppers, something they are calling a pinkurple hammer, cc daydreams (this might be the pink hippo?), cc juicy fruit acans, and teal blasto merlettis. I HAVE to find some of my old zoanthids and palys that did so well in my tank, but I can't figure out where to buy some of them at.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Merthynia said:

I do?! Which ones?

Green eye Merletti,  two nice sized clusters of unnamed zoas, gobstoppers, something they are calling a pinkurple hammer, cc daydreams (this might be the pink hippo?), cc juicy fruit acans, and teal blasto merlettis. I HAVE to find some of my old zoanthids and palys that did so well in my tank, but I can't figure out where to buy some of them at.

Looks like it!!!!!  in the second to last photo above.  The bright green centered with pink outside, palys. 

• Like 1
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:42 PM, gena said:

Looks like it!!!!!  in the second to last photo above.  The bright green centered with pink outside, palys. 

They seem to be doing okay so far. :)

36220294384_3694c7129d_z.jpg

36884346102_146313e5e3_z.jpg

36913806801_b765fff28c_z.jpg

36220294314_e955cfdda5_z.jpg

Another waterchange with some pictures. I need to get my other tide back on the tank so I can use the photomode and get slightly better colored pictures. Although I'm mostly just documenting growth and making sure everything is alive still at this point. :)

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, gena said:

Heck yah!!!!!  Everything looks plump and happy :D.

I need to figure out my plan for the merlettis! I love them! Maybe rearrange the rock a bit more so I can get them growing in a cluster.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

I need to figure out my plan for the merlettis! I love them! Maybe rearrange the rock a bit more so I can get them growing in a cluster.

For sure!  THey will take over quite fast if you feed them regularly. 

• Like 1

Your green eyed merlettis look a little like the ones I have in the 10g. Mine don't have as much purple around the edges, but that might just be a difference due to lighting or water conditions.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Your green eyed merlettis look a little like the ones I have in the 10g. Mine don't have as much purple around the edges, but that might just be a difference due to lighting or water conditions.

They are so pretty! I need to work on taking time and trying to get some true to life pictures of my coral. They do have a ton of purple on them for sure!!

36904567792_be3df94e9f_z.jpg

36239836654_95897f4f8f_z.jpg

36239836634_225b25fbc0_z.jpg

• Like 2

Went to a LFS anniversary sale this past weekend. I've been going to them for years now at this point and figured might as well. These are my freebies that I got hooked up with, Rachel from Seachem was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the products!

36400352523_c8294fed23_z.jpg

Also went to a few more LFS down here in the KC metro area and decided to give these babies a try. The aquaforest products look great and I wouldn't mind using them...but the price tag is extremely steep!

37072313951_bc120365f0_z.jpg

Spent some time toodling around and found my street! :)

37072312671_7edc681308_z.jpg

Last but not least, I also picked up some goodies from the anniversary sale. A frag of zoas, blue clove polyps, and a frag of photosynthetic purple sponge. I also found some little critters to bring home with me! For now I'll give you this little sneak peek!

36816912770_58c1e14ed0_z.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...