Cultivated Reef

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

5 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

If it were my tank, I'd keep it too, bubble algae or no. :happydance:

I got so much in quantity wise yesterday that I may sell smaller clippings in a week or so just to make room, you could probably fit something like that. 

They're super pretty. 

I might be interested in some pico-sized clippings... ;)

• Like 3
19 hours ago, jstuver said:

I love this tank so much!!! The colors are just gorgeous. Sorry to hear about the firefish:(

Thank you, Jackie!

I never made it to my LFS yesterday as I had planned.  I do have to go out today so I will try to make time to swing by.  Not that I need anything really.  Lord knows I don't really have the room for anything LOL.

Here's some Eastery colors for the holiday weekend.  Hope everyone has a good one :).

• Like 11
1 hour ago, gena said:

Thank you, Jackie!

I never made it to my LFS yesterday as I had planned.  I do have to go out today so I will try to make time to swing by.  Not that I need anything really.  Lord knows I don't really have the room for anything LOL.

Here's some Eastery colors for the holiday weekend.  Hope everyone has a good one :).

Oooooh, oh my gosh. 

Ok, I know I always say this but I can't help it if it's true......

this is just so BEAUTIFUL!!! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Weetabix7 said:

Oooooh, oh my gosh. 

Ok, I know I always say this but I can't help it if it's true......

this is just so BEAUTIFUL!!! 

Heehee...thanks :).  I'm at the already full can only watch things grow even more stage now.  Kinda boring but still beautiful to stare at!  I went to my 2 LFS's.  The first had nothing I wanted.  The second had like 5 springer's damsels!!!!! omgomgomg  and I chickened out LMAO.  It's a damsel for goodness sake LOL.  I totally would have gotten one but there was a yellow tail damsel in the same tank as the springers and the yellow tail was being a punk to the springers, of course.  And then I saw a Springer be a punk to one of it's own kind.  And I imagined it being a punk to Marvin my pink streaked wrasse.  And I chickened out :lol:.  So I came home with nothing.  Which is probably a good thing!

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, gena said:

Heehee...thanks :).  I'm at the already full can only watch things grow even more stage now.  Kinda boring but still beautiful to stare at!  I went to my 2 LFS's.  The first had nothing I wanted.  The second had like 5 springer's damsels!!!!! omgomgomg  and I chickened out LMAO.  It's a damsel for goodness sake LOL.  I totally would have gotten one but there was a yellow tail damsel in the same tank as the springers and the yellow tail was being a punk to the springers, of course.  And then I saw a Springer be a punk to one of it's own kind.  And I imagined it being a punk to Marvin my pink streaked wrasse.  And I chickened out :lol:.  So I came home with nothing.  Which is probably a good thing!

Ugh, if only all damsels were friendly fish :(

Are you wanting to add another fish?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

That's a beautiful bouquet of coral!

Good job staying strong at the LFS, sometimes it's just nice to browse :) 

Thanks, Chris!  Yes, browsing is good.  Almost as good as coming home with something :)

1 hour ago, Gramophone said:

Ugh, if only all damsels were friendly fish :(

Are you wanting to add another fish?

Supposedly the Springer is peaceful but I'm still afraid to try it!  I do want to add another fish.  I have 2 clowns, a pink streaked wrasse, and a green clown goby.  I had a yellow clown goby that never ate and died.  And a helfrichi that I have officially just found right now :tears:.  I swear I looked everywhere on the ground around the tank and never saw it.  I am vacuuming right now and guess what I found.  I feel terrible.  Crispy on the ground.  Ugh.  It managed to squeeze through the small gap on the sides of the tank.  I may have to get more of those rimless holder jobbies to fill in the space.  It's not much of a space but obviously enough for a fish to squeeze through.  DARN IT!  So frustrating.  At least I know now for sure what happened :(.

So anyways, I do want another fish.  I think I'm going to wait for my LFS to get in yellow clown gobies.  He always stocks fat healthy ones that definitely eat.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, gena said:

Thanks, Chris!  Yes, browsing is good.  Almost as good as coming home with something :)

Supposedly the Springer is peaceful but I'm still afraid to try it!  I do want to add another fish.  I have 2 clowns, a pink streaked wrasse, and a green clown goby.  I had a yellow clown goby that never ate and died.  And a helfrichi that I have officially just found right now :tears:.  I swear I looked everywhere on the ground around the tank and never saw it.  I am vacuuming right now and guess what I found.  I feel terrible.  Crispy on the ground.  Ugh.  It managed to squeeze through the small gap on the sides of the tank.  I may have to get more of those rimless holder jobbies to fill in the space.  It's not much of a space but obviously enough for a fish to squeeze through.  DARN IT!  So frustrating.  At least I know now for sure what happened :(.

So anyways, I do want another fish.  I think I'm going to wait for my LFS to get in yellow clown gobies.  He always stocks fat healthy ones that definitely eat.

Aww!  At least you found it, and not the cats!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, gena said:

Thank you, Jackie!

Lovely!  And well done on composing the photo, too. That's a beautiful view. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 6:25 PM, jstuver said:

What type is that gorgonian its gorgeous!

That's a grube's gorgonian.  Which I believe is ORA.  I found it at my local Petco, of all places :D.

On 4/26/2017 at 1:18 PM, Gramophone said:

Did you end up getting a yellow clown?!

Not yet.  I didn't stop in last week to see what he was able to pick up.  Maybe this week!  I still have 2 clowns, one pink streaked wrasse, and my green clown goby.  The goby has become quite the hunter.  I see him on the back wall a lot now, hunting pods.  Such a cute little character he is.  And he eats frozen mysis like it's going out of style.  After losing my yellow clown goby to starvation, seeing this makes my heart extra happy :D.

Thanks for the comments everyone!  Things are going well here.  Nothing new with the tank.  Keeping wonderfully busy.  Watching my tank grow.  Watching my brother storm track (terrible storms in TX yesterday).  Working in the garden.  Making landscape plans.  Keeping busy around the house.  Hanging with the family.  And being preoccupied with macrame LOL.

I just took this photo of my grube's gorgonian for instagram.  It's almost to the top of the tank!  I can start fragging it soon for some store credit at my LFS :happydance:.

• Like 7
17 minutes ago, gena said:

That's a grube's gorgonian.  Which I believe is ORA.  I found it at my local Petco, of all places :D.

Not yet.  I didn't stop in last week to see what he was able to pick up.  Maybe this week!  I still have 2 clowns, one pink streaked wrasse, and my green clown goby.  The goby has become quite the hunter.  I see him on the back wall a lot now, hunting pods.  Such a cute little character he is.  And he eats frozen mysis like it's going out of style.  After losing my yellow clown goby to starvation, seeing this makes my heart extra happy :D.

Thanks for the comments everyone!  Things are going well here.  Nothing new with the tank.  Keeping wonderfully busy.  Watching my tank grow.  Watching my brother storm track (terrible storms in TX yesterday).  Working in the garden.  Making landscape plans.  Keeping busy around the house.  Hanging with the family.  And being preoccupied with macrame LOL.

I just took this photo of my grube's gorgonian for instagram.  It's almost to the top of the tank!  I can start fragging it soon for some store credit at my LFS :happydance:.

You got that Gorgonian at PETCO???

Wow, that's crazy!!

Wish I was local so I could get a frag from you. 

I'll just keep an eye out for it. 

I'll be visiting some aquarium stores in cities I never get to next weekend, and I have a birthday coming up and hubby with me, so maybe I'll get luck. ;)

LOVE that the Green Goby is eating well, that's Awesome!!!!

Glad the macrame is going well. 

Been working on some new stuff with that?

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

You got that Gorgonian at PETCO???

Wow, that's crazy!!

Wish I was local so I could get a frag from you. 

I'll just keep an eye out for it. 

I'll be visiting some aquarium stores in cities I never get to next weekend, and I have a birthday coming up and hubby with me, so maybe I'll get luck. ;)

LOVE that the Green Goby is eating well, that's Awesome!!!!

Glad the macrame is going well. 

Been working on some new stuff with that?

Oh birthday coral shopping sounds like fun!!!!  Yeah, Petco!!!  Check one out if you see one.  They carry ORA corals, which is what this one is.  I recognized it as soon as I saw it. 

I'm constantly experimenting with new macrame ideas.  It's addicting!!!!  I'll be making a double plant hanger, hopefully today, for myself.  The fun thing is, I love to do it so much, and if I sell some of my creations, fantastic.  If not, no biggie.  I just love creating.  I may eventually need to try some local art and craft shows.  I picked up some vintage macrame books that are a ton of fun to go through and get ideas from.  I really love my new creative outlet :).

24 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

My grubes grows like crazy!!! 

Yeah, when they are happy, they really take off!  Lots of nutrients and lots of light seems to be the key to success.

19 minutes ago, markalot said:

That gorgonian is gorgeous. :)

Thanks, Mark!

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, gena said:

Oh birthday coral shopping sounds like fun!!!!  Yeah, Petco!!!  Check one out if you see one.  They carry ORA corals, which is what this one is.  I recognized it as soon as I saw it. 

I'm constantly experimenting with new macrame ideas.  It's addicting!!!!  I'll be making a double plant hanger, hopefully today, for myself.  The fun thing is, I love to do it so much, and if I sell some of my creations, fantastic.  If not, no biggie.  I just love creating.  I may eventually need to try some local art and craft shows.  I picked up some vintage macrame books that are a ton of fun to go through and get ideas from.  I really love my new creative outlet :).

Yeah, when they are happy, they really take off!  Lots of nutrients and lots of light seems to be the key to success.

Thanks, Mark!

Having a creative outlet like that is a really healthy thing, I'm really happy for you that this is providing so much satisifaction. :happy:

Feel free to post a pic of that double plant hanger if you get it made. 

• Like 1
On 4/30/2017 at 0:11 PM, Weetabix7 said:

Having a creative outlet like that is a really healthy thing, I'm really happy for you that this is providing so much satisifaction. :happy:

Feel free to post a pic of that double plant hanger if you get it made. 

Thanks!  My tank is always my creative outlet in the beginning.  I'm not adding anything anymore, I can only watch it grow, so gotta let the creativity flow from another outlet LOL.  I did get the plant hanger made.  Took me two days to complete since I ended up getting a late start.  I love how it turned out though. 

I'm going to make another to sell.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-01%20at%206.21.5

I also made these :).  I just like experimenting.  Trying to find something new that no one else is doing.  I've always had a thing for pompoms....whether it's fiber or saltwater crab LOL.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-02%20at%204.22.5

On 4/30/2017 at 0:26 PM, Lula_Mae said:

So beautiful! :wub: Wish I were local so I could get a frag of that too!  My little gorg died in the tank crash. :(

Sorry :(.  Jackie and I were talking on Instagram.  She thinks it could ship Priority mail just fine.  I'm not ready to hack at it yet, but probably this fall.  If you still need one then, I can hook you up!

On 5/1/2017 at 3:04 PM, Rain24 said:

You're lucky your Petco has pretty coral. I went to the one near here. Yikes. :blink:

That gorgonian is a beauty!

Thanks!  I think they are hit and miss.  It really depends on who is in charge of your store's fish department.  As long as the guy we have sticks around, it should be good :).

• Like 5
Weetabix7
3 minutes ago, gena said:

Thanks!  My tank is always my creative outlet in the beginning.  I'm not adding anything anymore, I can only watch it grow, so gotta let the creativity flow from another outlet LOL.  I did get the plant hanger made.  Took me two days to complete since I ended up getting a late start.  I love how it turned out though. 

I'm going to make another to sell.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-01%20at%206.21.5

I also made these :).  I just like experimenting.  Trying to find something new that no one else is doing.  I've always had a thing for pompoms....whether it's fiber or saltwater crab LOL.

Screen%20Shot%202017-05-02%20at%204.22.5

Sorry :(.  Jackie and I were talking on Instagram.  She thinks it could ship Priority mail just fine.  I'm not ready to hack at it yet, but probably this fall.  If you still need one then, I can hook you up!

Thanks!  I think they are hit and miss.  It really depends on who is in charge of your store's fish department.  As long as the guy we have sticks around, it should be good :).

I really like those, both the plant hanger and the Pom-Pom hangers!!

I like the wood that the Pom-pom ones are hanging off of, and besides, how can you NOT smile at a Pom!!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I really like those, both the plant hanger and the Pom-Pom hangers!!

I like the wood that the Pom-pom ones are hanging off of, and besides, how can you NOT smile at a Pom!!

Thanks!  Oh I know about the smiling..they just make me smile :D.

The wood branch is from a California Sycamore tree.  They are a very pretty creamy color with interesting bark.  But messy as heck.  We had big winds last week so I made my way to a local park that has a bunch of these trees and picked up quite a few branches that had fallen.  I love free materials for my art :).