Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

It is super cute and I like that it has a clear top on it for lighting. Nope, it doesn't come with a pump - I asked. I've started doing a little research on it but haven't come across that many articles. I'll try youtube and see if they have anything.

My main issue right now is that the husband isn't completely on board (YET!). He was pretty heartbroken with the bryopsis and the flat worms last time.

BUT, if I get a reef bowl, I can have it up and running for about the same amount as just the AJ tanks. >.>

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rain24 said:

It is super cute and I like that it has a clear top on it for lighting. Nope, it doesn't come with a pump - I asked. I've started doing a little research on it but haven't come across that many articles. I'll try youtube and see if they have anything.

My main issue right now is that the husband isn't completely on board (YET!). He was pretty heartbroken with the bryopsis and the flat worms last time.

BUT, if I get a reef bowl, I can have it up and running for about the same amount as just the AJ tanks. >.>

I just saw your post in natalia's thread :).  Bryopsis is definitely a hobby killer.   dealt with it in the past too.  And took down a tank because of it.  I'm happy to hear there is something that works on eradicating it now.  The magnesium worked one time for me.  But not the second time.

A bowl or the pico tank...either one would be GREAT!  Just get that tank set up LOL.

I might start a thread in the pico section - just initial thoughts and get people's opinions on it. I want to know about DIPS! I'm going to try to prevent stuff from coming into the tank in the first place. LOL.

Yeah, I'm slow at starting things up. It's just the way I operate. But if I get past the hubby hurdle, then it'll be a lot easier. The tank is further down his list since we still need a lot of furniture at the new place. :)

What kind of salt are you liking these days? I'm about ready to price things out again to see what a very simple pico setup will cost.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gena said:

Good morning!  Wanted to give an update on the goings on over here.  Friday I went to my LFS and saw the cutest little pygmy angelfish.  It was so tempting!  But then I think of my puffy LPS and I change my mind.  But honestly, I'm still thinking about that fish LOL.

I've been stalking the Live Aquaria site for my helfrichi firefish and yellow clown goby.  They had the firefish in stock, but not the clown goby...or vice versa.  Finally on Saturday morning, both were in stock, so I ordered!  They should be here tomorrow!!!  I hope these guys are as nice as my last two from them, which are eating and doing GREAT.

I've been thinking about ordering more ricordeas.  Still always have my eye out for more blastos.

Remodel should be done this week :).

How exciting, can't wait to see the new fish!!!

I finally saw a dropoff tank in person at the LFS I went to over the weekend, they're pretty cool looking!!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, gena said:

Good morning!  Wanted to give an update on the goings on over here.  Friday I went to my LFS and saw the cutest little pygmy angelfish.  It was so tempting!  But then I think of my puffy LPS and I change my mind.  But honestly, I'm still thinking about that fish LOL.

I've been stalking the Live Aquaria site for my helfrichi firefish and yellow clown goby.  They had the firefish in stock, but not the clown goby...or vice versa.  Finally on Saturday morning, both were in stock, so I ordered!  They should be here tomorrow!!!  I hope these guys are as nice as my last two from them, which are eating and doing GREAT.

I've been thinking about ordering more ricordeas.  Still always have my eye out for more blastos.

Remodel should be done this week :).

You have good impulse control. :P  Looking forward to these two new fish.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Rain24 said:

I might start a thread in the pico section - just initial thoughts and get people's opinions on it. I want to know about DIPS! I'm going to try to prevent stuff from coming into the tank in the first place. LOL.

Yeah, I'm slow at starting things up. It's just the way I operate. But if I get past the hubby hurdle, then it'll be a lot easier. The tank is further down his list since we still need a lot of furniture at the new place. :)

What kind of salt are you liking these days? I'm about ready to price things out again to see what a very simple pico setup will cost.

Do it...start a thread :).  I'm using Red Sea Coral Pro salt.  That's what I've used for years now.  I like it.

8 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

How exciting, can't wait to see the new fish!!!

I finally saw a dropoff tank in person at the LFS I went to over the weekend, they're pretty cool looking!!

Got notification of shipment.  Gonna get some water going tonight for the acclimation tomorrow :).  Was the drop-off tank bigger than you thought it would be?  It was for me.  I was pleasantly surprised!

23 minutes ago, J-Ranko said:

You have good impulse control. :P  Looking forward to these two new fish.

Haha...I guess so.  I really wanted that fish. But I've been burned so many times.  It would be perfect in my tank though.  I just know it will harass my LPS....cuz that's my luck LOL.  I went back and forth like that at my LFS :lol:.

Here's a picture I took today.  For the new page.....

And I have to share this one too.  I made this macrame piece today.  I had no idea what I was going to make, but wanted to do something.  I set up my rope.  And this is what happened :).

• Like 8
40 minutes ago, gena said:

Do it...start a thread :).  I'm using Red Sea Coral Pro salt.  That's what I've used for years now.  I like it.

Got notification of shipment.  Gonna get some water going tonight for the acclimation tomorrow :).  Was the drop-off tank bigger than you thought it would be?  It was for me.  I was pleasantly surprised!

Haha...I guess so.  I really wanted that fish. But I've been burned so many times.  It would be perfect in my tank though.  I just know it will harass my LPS....cuz that's my luck LOL.  I went back and forth like that at my LFS :lol:.

Here's a picture I took today.  For the new page.....

And I have to share this one too.  I made this macrame piece today.  I had no idea what I was going to make, but wanted to do something.  I set up my rope.  And this is what happened :).

I'm not sure what the pink thing by the trumpets is, but it is gorgeous!  And love the macrame--butterflies are one of my favorite things!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I'm not sure what the pink thing by the trumpets is, but it is gorgeous!  And love the macrame--butterflies are one of my favorite things!

Thank you!!!!   That's a photosynthetic gorgonian.  Specifically, a Grube's Gorgonian

12 hours ago, Rain24 said:

Ooooh...everything looks so pretty!

LoveloveLOVE that new macrame piece too!

Thank you very much!  I'm going to make something else today.  I think I have an idea of what it will look like :)

2 hours ago, vlangel said:

Very cool macrame piece.  That is really neat that you designed the butterflies into the knots!

Your tank looks gourgeous as always!

Thanks, Dawn!

1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

New fish day omgomgomg 

I know!!!!!  They'll probably be here in an hour.  Last time delivery was at 10am.  I have my replacement water ready to go for the acclimation.  I hope my new fish like my tank LOL. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Ooh! I thought it looked like a gorg but knew you had softies too so I wasn't sure lol. :lol:  It's gorgeous!

The Grube's gorg and the green softie behind it (Kenya tree?) have this pretty tree-like structure to them.  I like how they add height and interesting shapes to a scape. :) 

• Like 1

The drop-off tank looked different in person than I expected, cooler somehow. 

I liked it enough to point it out to my husband, and I only do that with tanks I really like. 

Looking forward to new fishy pics!!!

(it was neat to see the butterflies in your macrame. Butterflies hold significance for me too.)

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Ooh! I thought it looked like a gorg but knew you had softies too so I wasn't sure lol. :lol:  It's gorgeous!

Yep, softies, lps, and gorgonians.  Not sure what gorgonians are classified as. Thanks!

15 hours ago, J-Ranko said:

The Grube's gorg and the green softie behind it (Kenya tree?) have this pretty tree-like structure to them.  I like how they add height and interesting shapes to a scape. :) 

The green is either a nepthia or sinularia.  I was told it is one of the rarer ones, whichever one that is lol. 

7 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

The drop-off tank looked different in person than I expected, cooler somehow. 

I liked it enough to point it out to my husband, and I only do that with tanks I really like. 

Looking forward to new fishy pics!!!

(it was neat to see the butterflies in your macrame. Butterflies hold significance for me too.)

I thought so too! 

Fish are doing fine.  The firefish is hiding today.  Yesterday it was out but I had the lights out.  It kept hanging out in the clown territory which they weren't too happy about.  I saw the little boy clown dragging her by the tail LOL.  I intervened.  She finally went up to the top of the drop-off and is hiding in a rock up there.  The little yellow clown goby is out and about today.  It's a bit skinny so I'm a little concerned.  These can be hard to acclimate to the tank, from my past experience.  Here she is....

• Like 2

Aww, poor fishies!!

I think that cyclopeeze was a good call for the Goby, glad you were able to get it to eat a little bit. 

Firefish will likely be ok if it hangs out in the top section for a bit to adjust. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Aww, poor fishies!!

I think that cyclopeeze was a good call for the Goby, glad you were able to get it to eat a little bit. 

Firefish will likely be ok if it hangs out in the top section for a bit to adjust. 

The firefish is doing ok.  It's coming out and grabbing food.  I'm pretty sure it will adjust just fine.  But that goby...not so sure.  If I lose this one, I'll try again though.  Maybe locally so I can get a good look at it first.  I love the yellow it adds to the tank.

Well, we'll keep our fingers crossed and send mucho good vibes for the Goby!!

And yes, that yellow will be nice pop of color contrast in the tank. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, hedgeclipper2 said:

How is the Green Clown Goby doing in the tank?

I ordered my from LA yesterday, should be here tomorrow :)

It's doing GREAT!  The green clown goby is a much hardier variety I've found.  It's easy to get them eating and they come in healthy.  I suspect you'll have no issues.  Especially since you ordered from LA.  That's where mine came from.

I ordered some nutrimar ova today, online.  I called around locally, and no one had it.  I'm hoping the yellow clown goby will like the N.O.  Even the finickiest fish seem to take it without an issue :).

I got a picture of my firefish today.  Late in the day, she decided to come out!!!!  I didn't want to get too close, for fear she'd dart back into the rocks.  You'll have to zoom in to get a good look LOL.

• Like 6
Christopher Marks

Glad the new firefish is doing well, it looks really cool! Hopefully the YCG takes to food soon, it sounds like you have a good plan.

This tank is so cool, I love that the clownfish have claimed the lower right corner :D 

• Like 2
hedgeclipper2

I wish the clownfish in my drop off would claim a new space.  He literally hangs out in the VERY top right back corner, under the powerhead ha.  The only time he ever comes out is when I shake the food container (I secretly want to hope that he can actually hear me shaking it and knows what that means, because when I do he goes crazy ha!)

See photos, this is his "bachelor pad" as I like to tell everyone since he is currently the only fish in the tank.

IMG_1140.jpg

• Like 1

The YCG is still hanging in, but not eating as far as I can tell.  I see it spit things out.  My Nutrimar Ova hasn't shipped yet :(.  I thought it'd be here next day.  I always got my orders from Marine Depot really fast, but I guess since they have Free shipping now, they don't expedite like before.  So, hopefully my YCG can hang in there a few more days.  I actually don't have that much hope for it.  I don't think it was eating when they sent it to me cuz it's pretty skinny.

Here's how the reef looks in the morning, before the fake lights come on :D.

and this guy says "hi" :D.

• Like 6
On 3/1/2017 at 6:18 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Glad the new firefish is doing well, it looks really cool! Hopefully the YCG takes to food soon, it sounds like you have a good plan.

This tank is so cool, I love that the clownfish have claimed the lower right corner :D 

Thanks, Chris!  The firefish is doing GREAT!  It's eating, which is nice since I can't get the YCG to eat. 

On 3/1/2017 at 6:39 PM, vlangel said:

Beautiful pic of tank and firefish.  Ihope the YCG does ok.

Thanks, Dawn!!!!!

On 3/1/2017 at 6:52 PM, hedgeclipper2 said:

I wish the clownfish in my drop off would claim a new space.  He literally hangs out in the VERY top right back corner, under the powerhead ha.  The only time he ever comes out is when I shake the food container (I secretly want to hope that he can actually hear me shaking it and knows what that means, because when I do he goes crazy ha!)

See photos, this is his "bachelor pad" as I like to tell everyone since he is currently the only fish in the tank.

IMG_1140.jpg

For some reason they love the electrical equipment.  I've had them hide behind heaters and powerheads LOL. 

• Like 1