Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gulf's ever evolving nano party mix tape!

gulfsurfer101

Acan enchilada eating some sea weed lol!

And this thing seems to be growing more heads like every other day! Funny because all the fb experts told me it be dead in a week lol!

Guess they don't be knowing I ain't into killing corals! I'm into growing them ho's!

HAHAHAHA Acan enchilada :lol: that made my night!

As for the goni - for whatever reason they sometimes turn to jelly... If it does I would take extra precautions to make sure it doesn't spread to your euphyllia. That's probably why I'm a bit hesitant to try one out.

Good luck with the tank though! And the family ;)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

HAHAHAHA Acan enchilada :lol: that made my night!

As for the goni - for whatever reason they sometimes turn to jelly... If it does I would take extra precautions to make sure it doesn't spread to your euphyllia. That's probably why I'm a bit hesitant to try one out.

Good luck with the tank though! And the family ;)

Thanks man! I'm so ready to get my tank up but the baby can chill a bit longer! The dr wants to yank him out pretty soon though!
gulfsurfer101

Some new pics!

20160224_125438_zpsnjawxuem.jpg

Cali tort w/day n night pe!

20160224_125431_zps9by9dmxt.jpg

New octo-spawn!

20160224_125327_zpsmqnuimxq.jpg

The you-feel-yeah garden grows by one! Things are peeved from being rearranged for new placement.

20160224_125458_zpsuofa2nyq.jpg

And the fts!

20160224_125508_zpsf3byezn1.jpg

Polarcollision

Is the skimmer Eshopps? I bought one for my Nuvo 8. Works fantastic. BUT the collection cup fills in 1 day. I like the drain idea on yours. How is it set up?

20151129_111758_zpsf6dnhhkk.jpg

Love those new frags! Glad to hear no baby problems! Ive been dying for some sweet new hammers, torches and spawns....I'm waiting for the exotic reefs eBay sale to close in to see if I can catch some sweet deals. They have some gold torches I've been eyeing. I'm like you with the rock scape, my old RSM has so much just stacked together that I wanted to keep this one a little more open. And I ended up making it A LOT more open lol. I go back and forth about adding some dry rock to finish the arc between two of the islands but I'm leaving it for now.

gulfsurfer101

Is the skimmer Eshopps? I bought one for my Nuvo 8. Works fantastic. BUT the collection cup fills in 1 day. I like the drain idea on yours. How is it set up?

You have to adjust the intake pipe. That little white dot on it determines how much water is being held and pushed into your cup. I have mine close to the lowest setting or it will fill up pretty fast. I just ran a piece of tubing directly back into the tank. A good skimmer will pull out an entire collection cup in minutes if it was to be dumped directly back into the tank. I've actually done this before to show just how powerful these little skimmers are. People's faces are like wtf when I pour my collection cup back into the tank but it'll pull it all back out in under three minutes.
gulfsurfer101

Love those new frags! Glad to hear no baby problems! Ive been dying for some sweet new hammers, torches and spawns....I'm waiting for the exotic reefs eBay sale to close in to see if I can catch some sweet deals. They have some gold torches I've been eyeing. I'm like you with the rock scape, my old RSM has so much just stacked together that I wanted to keep this one a little more open. And I ended up making it A LOT more open lol. I go back and forth about adding some dry rock to finish the arc between two of the islands but I'm leaving it for now.

I actually have about 50 pounds of dry rock I'll be using to start up my 75g. I want to bond the scape and glue the rock to the bottom of the tank then use taverntine tiles across the bottom instead of sand. I'll definitely be running a minimal scape in that tank. As far as ephullia got a nice golden colored torch from Glenn over at CGA, but he told me to keep my mouth shut about the price he let me have it for lol! Message him and see if he has anything available.
gulfsurfer101

So here's a view not often seen from this tank!

20160226_210809_zpsvytbxntm.jpg

Also trimmed some xenia and chucked that shit out in the yard. I gave a bunch to a local guy but it just grows so Damn fast especially with heavy tank feedings every other day!

20160226_210722_zpsyrx6alz9.jpg

Also anybody got an ID on this acro! It's starting to ? up nicely!

20160226_211018-1_zpsp1cbq1zj.jpg

20160226_211018_zpsrhkcvhrb.jpg

That's all for now!

So here's a view not often seen from this tank!

20160226_210809_zpsvytbxntm.jpg

Also trimmed some xenia and chucked that shit out in the yard. I gave a bunch to a local guy but it just grows so Damn fast especially with heavy tank feedings every other day!

20160226_210722_zpsyrx6alz9.jpg

Also anybody got an ID on this acro! It's starting to up nicely!

20160226_211018-1_zpsp1cbq1zj.jpg

20160226_211018_zpsrhkcvhrb.jpg

That's all for now!

God I know I have seen that acro before and it's on the tip of my tongue. Definitely a nice one.

gulfsurfer101

God I know I have seen that acro before and it's on the tip of my tongue. Definitely a nice one.

I got it from a local shop with no name to it. It looked ugly and brown but that's the thing with sps. You just never know what you have. I thought pearlberry but the corallites look all wrong.

Well I am headed up to my LFS tomorrow to get water. Their resident coral expert can identify pretty much anything (especially sps). If you don't have an answer by tomorrow I will find out.

gulfsurfer101

Well I am headed up to my LFS tomorrow to get water. Their resident coral expert can identify pretty much anything (especially sps). If you don't have an answer by tomorrow I will find out.

Awesome! I can't believe nobody could identify it. Especially when they're so eager to spend close to 300 bucks on a yellow and blue stick with a magical name! You would think they know what this one is.
gulfsurfer101

Still got nothing but it's looking better and better each day. Now if the rest of my sps can follow suit I'd be very pleased!

Still got nothing but it's looking better and better each day. Now if the rest of my sps can follow suit I'd be very pleased!

Asked the guy at my LFS today. He thinks it's an Acropora Plana. Looks pretty close to me. Hope this helps.

CHqnfLv.jpg

eUhssDh.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Asked the guy at my LFS today. He thinks it's an Acropora Plana. Looks pretty close to me. Hope this helps.

CHqnfLv.jpg

eUhssDh.jpg

The base color does appear to be very close but the coralites inn that one seem too be much shorter. But then again it could all be just a lighting difference. I really appreciate the follow up.
gulfsurfer101

Put together a stunner style led strip that was going to be used as moonlighting but it's way to strong even at the lowest setting. Think I'll be running it along with my t5's. I might even make one more and add it in my canopy!

20160218_135221_zpsaqy1rlkr.jpg

20160228_121709_zpszftpqdo7.jpg

On second thought after a quick search on Google it may very well be a plana.

Glad to help... I mean solicit help from my LFS :lol:. Either way beautiful coral. Love the new stunner as well.

Nice!!!! That *maybe* plans is freaking awesome! Love those colors. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check it out. Can't wait to see where this thing goes!

gulfsurfer101

Glad to help... I mean solicit help from my LFS :lol:. Either way beautiful coral. Love the new stunner as well.

Thanks for the help and yeah that stunner strip is bright! It'll bring some major pop. I guess I'm not really fully committed to running t5's as the sole source of my main lighting lol!

Nice!!!! That *maybe* plans is freaking awesome! Love those colors. Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check it out. Can't wait to see where this thing goes!

20l club, lets get these thing going already!
gulfsurfer101

Picked up a new millipora frag and a pistol shrimp in hopes of teaming up with my ywg! I also got some rock up off the sandbed as it was chemical warfare between my zoas and a favites. Now everything is either stacked up or spread out. I'll get some pics once things settle out.

gulfsurfer101

Well the shrimp started to burry dircectly across from my ywg's burrow and a few hours later I noticed my ywg has switched sides so I'm assuming they've teamed up. I hope so!

20160301_173805_zpsgoyycbfa.jpg

The new peace and love milli! It looks like it's chucking dueces!

20160301_173640_zpsepwinzzu.jpg

Sps looking all tooty frooty!

20160301_173845_zpsmpsjdv91.jpg

Tooty f****g frooty!

20160301_173834_zpsxvfsxv9p.jpg

These two are out for their photo shoot hamming it up!

20160301_173913_zpsuilfp59o.jpg

And finally the latest scape redesign so my coral isn't stinging the crap out each other! My aog's look like they got it pretty bad from a neighboring favia or brain frag.

20160301_173620_zpstvr5btsq.jpg

Love those clowns!!! I've been thinking about just picking up another snowflake, or a regular old clown to finish my pair. And get one quite a bit bigger than the one I've got!

Digging the new scape! And I still love that color on that big ole hammer that's on the sand bed!

Archived