Coral Vue Hydros

Gulf's ever evolving nano party mix tape!

gulfsurfer101

Picked me up a 5.5g from petco over the holidays and decided to build me another aio! I think I may try my hand at an all sps tank since my tiny fixture puts out gobs of light anyways! I also picked up a few more sticks over the holidays. Very similar to what fb junkies are calling Walt Disney and Fox Flame acros for a whole lot less! Imo they look just as good and I'm still able to eat this week!

Post some pictures of your AIO acrylic parts please! I would like to make a 10 gallon standard an AIO but stink at working with acrylic. Any chance you would sell a kit?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

Post some pictures of your AIO acrylic parts please! I would like to make a 10 gallon standard an AIO but stink at working with acrylic. Any chance you would sell a kit?

I am waiting on a couple things to come in from ebay, some weldon 4 being one them. Once I have that I can build just about anything. I'll see what I can pull up as far as pics. Kinda hard to get a shot of everything all covered up and equipment like my skimmer running.
gulfsurfer101

Here is a pic when I initially built this tank as a sump. The 90 was like a cautionary pressure relief pouring into the fuge. The baffling matrix was used to house cpe, phosguard, and purigen just like it is now. There's more pics that cover the bafling on pg2.

20140314_143929_zpsandewm1n.jpg

Here is a ten gallon backwall design I built exclusively around a panorama pro strip I got my hands on. One side was intended for macro algae the other for chemical media. The return was the middle chamber. I can also do one for a side wall but the fuge and media chamber will be smaller or one will be completely cut from the desing. A tank this small I would ditch the fuge section over media though.

image-1_zpsuoljvrjz.jpg

image_zps2aaksxsj.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Damn these long days stuck at work! I just want to go home and play with my pico dammit!

Dammit Bobby! Quit playing with your pico!

gulfsurfer101

Got home to late to bother messing with the 5.5 so it'll have to wait till tomorrow! I have a ton of old live rock and some dry rock that I'll be doing a murriatic acid bath this weekend so I'll work on the scape this weekend! Gonna go for a hanging reef look me thinks!

gulfsurfer101

If anybody is interested in false was design I'd be more than happy to quote you on one! I can do 5.5, 10g, and 20l designs. Pricing will depend on if you want just the baffling and wall or if you want an entire complete with pump wall. All you need to do is mark your tank and silicone it in place using the right silicone.

Another 5.5 is born! I'll let everything cure overnight and then get it wet tomorrow!

20160107_230922_zpspb7w0vvf.jpg

http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s622/gulfsurfer101/Mobile%20Uploads/20160107_230920160107_230935_zpswbh1px1t.jpg

20160107_231105_zpsdrwbpjsn.jpg

I really like this!!!

If anybody is interested in false was design I'd be more than happy to quote you on one! I can do 5.5, 10g, and 20l designs. Pricing will depend on if you want just the baffling and wall or if you want an entire complete with pump wall. All you need to do is mark your tank and silicone it in place using the right silicone.

I may take you up on this someday, I have a project I've wanted to do for a while, but it needs a very simple false wall. Haven't settled on a tank size set, but will keep you in mind for when I do.

gulfsurfer101

Thanks so much! I'll be happy to put something together y'all! I'm also working on built in media racks for the bigger tank designs. Not much room to put one in the 5.5g but it does have a compartment for a bag of cpe or purigen behind the overflow side!

gulfsurfer101

Well I got a bit of bad news! The new pico I set up is full and cycling, however it will not house sps as were my intentions! Instead it will house those stupid little glo fish from petco! My girls want glo-fish so that casts aside any say I have over stocking plans!

gulfsurfer101

Bah!!

I know I know! I hang my head in shame!

wooohoooow really like the scape!! this scape screams for acro's!!! :lol:B):P

You're telling me! I designed it specifically for branching sps! What a waste!

That's going to be the best dang glo fish tank in the history of ever!
Sorry to hear your girls commandeered your tank.
On the other hand I would be very interested in one of those 5.5 setups...

gulfsurfer101

Pm me! The cost will be considered on what features you would like me to add! I can build it as bare bones as possible for a low cost or add a media rack and pump attached for a little bit more! It'll take me about ten days to get my hands on all the material to complete these!

gulfsurfer101

Started working on my new sump design for my 75g I'll be setting up in a couple months! I'll be cutting large and small holes coming out from the sock filtration chamber into the fuge. Then I'll be installing a three baffle set up pouring over into the return section! That will keep the surface scumm at bay in that compartment! All the baffling will be translucent blue like the first one!

20160109_173129_zpsnqffr4mc.jpg

20160109_173138_zpsk9wkhsba.jpg

I hate glowfish. Especially now that they've ruined your sps pico plans.

But it's cool that you'll make that sacrifice for your girls :)

gulfsurfer101

Glowfish suck so bad! It's ok though, I was only playing with the hydraulic cement to get the feel of the stuff to scape my 75g. I'd hate to order a bunch of rock and ruin it trying to bond it together. This tank was only practice! Also I'm going to pick up more acrylic next week so I'm going to hold off finishing the sump incase I come across some material or ideas I want to use! Like I said this tank is months away from happening so might as well take my time and get it right!

gulfsurfer101

I got so sidetracked with the days events that I couldn't get sh!t done today! I'll be picking up more material next week. I'll be using 1" square acrlic rod to space the baffles and place some eggcrate over to hold some floss in place!

gulfsurfer101

Got some glo-fish in the glo-fish tank along with a pair of guppies. I might add some black sand and a piece of driftwood. Might as well do things right!

gulfsurfer101

Lol my girls are already up there in years! My oldest will be 10 and my other is 7! My boys are still loyal salties though! I bleed saltwater so this betrayal has cut me deeply!

Archived