ReefCleaners.org

Gulf's ever evolving nano party mix tape!

gulfsurfer101

gulfsurfer101

Had to move some sps around to keep from getting burnt up! However the red branching monti and lavender branching monti are starting to give really good color!

20160114_184600_zpsufwtz0nd.jpg

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

Also got a little progress on my sump build done! I only need two more baffles and it's ready to be put to the test imo!

20160114_191048_zpsnbrlx7v9.jpg

20160114_191125_zpsbkxpzq4d.jpg

Removable filter sock tray!

20160114_191146_zpstnud5d5j.jpg

Back in place!

20160114_191159_zpskmohriro.jpg

gulfsurfer101

I just put in an order in for some more abs plastic to complete a false wall for a local guy's 10g bowfront! I might have enough left over to do another 5.5! If I build one this one will be mine this time lol!

gulfsurfer101

Sump looks nice! The removable sock tray is a great idea :)

Yeah there's no way I wanted to have that amount of sump space inaccessible for maintenance purposes! I'll be adding the other baffles in soon. I just got a lot going on right now. I'm getting ready to start working on my overflow soon as well.
gulfsurfer101

Completion!

20160118_112940_zpsdjn0hzzx.jpg

Added my own lil touch!

Once it's completely dry I'll peel the silicone back from the top around the dice and you won't be able to see it.

20160118_113002_zpsflzdbprq.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Sump test was good. It handled 950gph ok but I dialed it down to where it'll most likely be running after head loss and upstream diversions such as 90's and 45's in my plumbing are taken into account, and it looked really good. I actually may step up to one of those jebao smart ramping pumps. Also on another note I got some more abs plastic in and I'll be building that wall for a local guy and his 10g bowwfront and a 5.5 for a very special lady on this forum! Good tines!

gulfsurfer101

Decided that it wasn't good enough for what I charged the guy so added a media rack to overflow chamber. I'll get pics up later. Hopefully I'll be able to get him to forward me some pics after its complete.

Completion!

20160118_112940_zpsdjn0hzzx.jpg

Added my own lil touch!

Once it's completely dry I'll peel the silicone back from the top around the dice and you won't be able to see it.

20160118_113002_zpsflzdbprq.jpg

LOVE the craps dice. especially since i live in vegas. The sump looks great though! Nice build

gulfsurfer101

Thanks man! It's my own little hot sauce! I brought these back from a trip for my buddy's bachelor party but one of my kids got ahold of them so this was the only one I had left over. Figured it's put to good use.

gulfsurfer101

Pretty stoked! I just got a 220v ac/dc stick welder from an old buddy for 50 bucks! I'll probably test it out to weld some square tubing to build a frame to hold two more t5 bulbs and reflectors to go over my 75g. The possibilities are limitless. I'm thinking stainless stands for standard aga's with light mounts and all kinds of good sh!t.

gulfsurfer101

I like that 5g and that sump! You should skip the 75g and use the 20g sump with a 5g DT, that would be sick.

But the sump would defeat the whole aio thing with the 5.5 though! Besides I have two 75g sitting empty right now. I need to fill one of them. I'm thinking the other might make a cool predatory tank!
gulfsurfer101

I've contracted a horrible virus in the last 24hrs and have called in to work as I'm suffering from what is most likely affluenza so I'll be home all day tomorrow! I might attempt a water change but don't really need to do one! I was thinking I'll flush my body with plenty of redbull, alka seltzer, and a bottle of children's dimetap as that's all I have on hand and the nearest store is 20 minutes away for overpriced meds and the one with ok prices is like 40 minutes. The price you pay to be off the grid. I tried drinking a budwieser but couldn't do it so this means I'm pretty sure I'm on the brink of death here! I had a good run. I'll have my gf return everything to the ocean in wake of my passing!

gulfsurfer101

I survived that horrible virus! I'm going to be working on getting a 220v line ran to my work area from my electric pole this weekend to see if I can get some square tubing welded in place for my t5 retrofit I've been piecing together.

I survived that horrible virus! I'm going to be working on getting a 220v line ran to my work area from my electric pole this weekend to see if I can get some square tubing welded in place for my t5 retrofit I've been piecing together.

He Lives!

gulfsurfer101

I live again! The gates of Valhalla will have to wait to greet me at another time when I'm not so busy carrying on in fishy buisiness!

gulfsurfer101

I'm getting pretty close to getting my 75g back up so I'm debating keeping this tank running or not. I'd hate to tear it down now that things are running so well. My sps seems to have hit a growth spurt all of a sudden and gaining some really good coloration. My lps is starting to sprout new heads everywhere and is also giving me excellent coloration. I originally planned on adding everything directly into the 75g once the dry rock was able to process but I don't think that's no longer the case.

gulfsurfer101

Thanks Teeny! Picking up another torch from Glenn today and I'm running out of room across the sandbed. My brains have serious sweepers where I'm afraid of putting more stuff in the sand. The rock work could always use more sps though! I'll be on the lookout today when I'm in town!

Thanks Teeny! Picking up another torch from Glenn today and I'm running out of room across the sandbed. My brains have serious sweepers where I'm afraid of putting more stuff in the sand. The rock work could always use more sps though! I'll be on the lookout today when I'm in town!

Yeah, sweepers suck. And once they start it's hard to get them to quit.

Archived