Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gulf's ever evolving nano party mix tape!

gulfsurfer101

gulfsurfer101

Metal

That ywg is black death apparently to any who will cross him and his little buddy boogaloo! Gore hound of hell! Yellow is the new black!
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

I have no doubt of that! Like father like son.

It's crazy how genetics work!

Woooo!

Inorite!

We finally made it home! I'm going to work on getting things set up over the weekend being that it's going to be a long one! I also took off next week to help out with our two younger boys since she had surgery so I'll be trying to get that 75g up and running so we can cycle that sucker!

gulfsurfer101

Got me an overflow box cut and bent for the 75g. I need to work on mounting my dry side overflow box and drilling the tank. Then all I need to do is work on my ato then plumb it all together! Shouldn't be too long. This has been the longest it's ever taken me to set up a tank!

gulfsurfer101

Congrats on the beautiful little boy! Cant wait to see more pics of him and the upcoming tank ;)

Thanks so much! He is our precious angel! He will always be our baby! We had to be readmitted to the children's hospital because of his jaundice level. We took him to his follow up and were prompted to the er where we stayed the night! He's home now sleeping it off after all the pokes and the phototherapy. Poor little man doesn't like nobody right now!

Got me an overflow box cut and bent for the 75g. I need to work on mounting my dry side overflow box and drilling the tank. Then all I need to do is work on my ato then plumb it all together! Shouldn't be too long. This has been the longest it's ever taken me to set up a tank!

Its ok seeing that you have had more than just a few distractions!

gulfsurfer101

Its ok seeing that you have had more than just a few distractions!

I got bored sitting around the house today so I drilled my 75g and siliconed both the internal overflow box and the external overflow box! Now all I got to do is plumb it all together!
gulfsurfer101

And here's the old tank with that nasty bulky looking box taking up like 80% of the entire left hand side view! Ain't nobody got no time for that. I'll be using the same stand and the overflow box I custom built only takes up 2" off the side wall by 6 or 7 inches tall.

20140313_165950_zps3txzozrj.jpg

gulfsurfer101

you're clowns are awesome, what type are they and where did you get them?

Thanks! I got them as a pair of juvenile snow onyx clowns from a local breeder!

Big improvement and upgrade for sure.

Wild Stalions bro!
gulfsurfer101

how much do they go for?

I spent several hundred dollars before finally sticking to these! I would buy them from him and resale them at profit since he had no time to deal with the public. I basically became his middle man. I was selling them for 50 bucks standard grade and 75bucks for A grades like mine! I eventually bought so many from him that he gifted me these! I was paying 35 for standards and 45 for A grades though!

This was my absolute favorite pair from him! An issue that killed off several fish and coral while I as away for work ended up costing me these! I paid 125 for this pair!

IMG_4946073750789_zpsokgmey1u.jpeg

those are pretty. I love the deep orange with blue outline ones. I can't seem to find them anywhere anymore. Its like the bred them too much and lost those qualities

gulfsurfer101

those are pretty. I love the deep orange with blue outline ones. I can't seem to find them anywhere anymore. Its like the bred them too much and lost those qualities

That's very possible or breeders got tired of ditching out high dollar amounts to aquire great broodstock then put the time and money into rearing them and only see a 30 dollar return on a product you had higher hopes for. I will attempt to rear a clutch whenever mine decide to breed. They both posses that bright blue sheen and my male has great border outline and darkb shading in just the right places. The female was gifted from a previous clownfish pair in order to break up genetic. The breeder kept multiple pairs and has everything from phantoms to wyoming whites and this was over a couple years ago!
gulfsurfer101

God I know I have seen that acro before and it's on the tip of my tongue. Definitely a nice one.

Hey man just thought you'd like to know I finally got a message from the guy I got that acro from. It's only been like three months since I asked him and he tells me it's a Joe's rainbow acropora!

Hey man just thought you'd like to know I finally got a message from the guy I got that acro from. It's only been like three months since I asked him and he tells me it's a Joe's rainbow acropora!

Damn! Good to hear you finally got a solid name on that bad boy

Hmmm I thought Joe was gonna be at Texas Coral Fest but I guess not.

gulfsurfer101

Damn! Good to hear you finally got a solid name on that bad boy

Hmmm I thought Joe was gonna be at Texas Coral Fest but I guess not.

Too far for me to travel! Dfw area is like 8hrs away. I'd never make it especially with a one week infant in the car! If it were in San Antonio, Austin, or Houston area though I'd be writing hand written school excuse notes for the other kids And packing them in like the Griswalds!
  • 3 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

Haven't bumped this thread in a minute with all I got going on with my 75g being my main focus atm. Nothing new here except a couple new sps pieces I'll be getting from Glenn over at CGA next week! Till then enjoy this video of my tank!

Niiiiiice! Those clowns are definitely awesome! If you get babies off those bad boys in the future it may just be enough to tip my multi tank syndrome over the edge !!!!! Lol

gulfsurfer101

Niiiiiice! Those clowns are definitely awesome! If you get babies off those bad boys in the future it may just be enough to tip my multi tank syndrome over the edge !!!!! Lol

Hopefully once I get them in the 75g they'll start dropping eggs for me! I hear you on the multi tank syndrome. I was recently given a 12g long rimless. I have this 20l up and running the 75g is now cycling and now the rimless tank sitting empty. I'm thinking of doing a planted fw tank. Kinda been there done that with the whole reef thing. I plan to consolidate the 20l into the 75g so that 20l is going away though!

Here it is after a leak test. I had a false wall I built for 5.5 that I was toying with. Looks like a good fit imo! Just need to trim the top off by a half inch!

20160416_185858_zpstrt9v5ql.jpg

Archived