Cultivated Reef

Gulf's ever evolving nano party mix tape!

gulfsurfer101

gulfsurfer101

Got a sweet chunky sps frag from Glenn today! Lot's of great pe movement. Can't wait to see what that one is going to turn out like!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

The 75g is cycling atm! It's covered in diatomes and butt ugly! Thanks the baby just turned a month last week! He'll be asking to use the car soon lol! They grow so fast!

The 75g is cycling atm! It's covered in diatomes and butt ugly! Thanks the baby just turned a month last week! He'll be asking to use the car soon lol! They grow so fast!

Yeah, if only coral frags grew that fast!

gulfsurfer101

Yeah, if only coral frags grew that fast!

I'm telling you man! The baby is practically shaving already lol!

Meanwhile this happened. I'm probably going to build a stand and move it. I want this tank in my bedroom! I'll add black sand when I move it!

Edit: built a temp stand to move that tank to the bedroom. I'm thinking I'll be doing macro in there under some t5's.

20160501_191830_zpszojkadvd.jpg

gulfsurfer101

The 75g is going through diatomes really badly! I'm going to try and block out as much natural sunlight as possible!

20160421_175901_zpsn2edwfuc.jpg

The 75g is going through diatomes really badly! I'm going to try and block out as much natural sunlight as possible!

20160421_175901_zpsn2edwfuc.jpg

they'll disappear, CUC helps!

gulfsurfer101

they'll disappear, CUC helps!

I'm going to let it ride a little longer. I'll probably move it to where it gets less natural sunlight and do a massive water change once it's ready. The only problem is I ran a water supply line directly to that tank. I'll have to go underneath and cut it and cap it off then patch up that wall.
ReefWeeds

:lol: your thread title. You are the OG after all.

I don't know how I missed all these. Is that a 12L or a 22L?

gulfsurfer101

:lol: your thread title. You are the OG after all.

I don't know how I missed all these. Is that a 12L or a 22L?

It's a 12l. I gave up trying to name this thread. It started out a ten gallon. That ten gallon is now outside with plants growing out it. My 20l was up then was a sump then back up and soon to come down as soon as my 75g is done being stoopit! I've still not decided exactly what I plan to do with the 12l either. The surfer side of me is saying macro tank bit the thuggish ruggish G side is saying strictly sps though! I'm in contemplation atm!
ReefWeeds

It's a 12l. I gave up trying to name this thread. It started out a ten gallon. That ten gallon is now outside with plants growing out it. My 20l was up then was a sump then back up and soon to come down as soon as my 75g is done being stoopit! I've still not decided exactly what I plan to do with the 12l either. The surfer side of me is saying macro tank bit the thuggish ruggish G side is saying strictly sps though! I'm in contemplation atm!

I turned my 12 L into a macro/gorg build - but it is still in identity crisis mode. It's been through a couple cosmetic surgeries :)

gulfsurfer101

I turned my 12 L into a macro/gorg build - but it is still in identity crisis mode. It's been through a couple cosmetic surgeries :)

I don't want to have to go through that. If I do a macro then I want it plumbed into my 75g so I'll have to drill it. If I do sps then I might leave it bb and leave those three rocks in there!
ReefWeeds

I don't want to have to go through that. If I do a macro then I want it plumbed into my 75g so I'll have to drill it. If I do sps then I muggy leave it bb and leave those three rocks in there!

That would be sweet! Display fuge!

gulfsurfer101

That would be sweet! Display fuge!

I was thinking the same thing. Colorful macro and sponges to be seen by all!

ReefWeeds

I was thinking the same thing. Colorful macro and sponges to be seen by all!

I say do it :) you could put some fun critters in there as well.

If its a display fuge tied into the 75, then you have less parameters to monitor as well. That seems to me a plus. Of course I have never been good at dividing my focus among more than 1 tank, LOL.

gulfsurfer101

I'm thinking so! I need to know if the bottom is tempered. I'm pretty sure you can drill the sidewalls.i also have to dig up my bulkheads and see what I got on hand.

I'm thinking so! I need to know if the bottom is tempered. I'm pretty sure you can drill the sidewalls. I also have to dig up my bulkheads and see what I got on hand.

gulfsurfer101

Took some grape caulerpa out my sump and tossed it in a ziploc bag and poked it full of holes. I'm floating it in the tank as the rocks cycle. It's a floating fuge. I don't think anyone has done that one before lol!

Took some grape caulerpa out my sump and tossed it in a ziploc bag and poked it full of holes. I'm floating it in the tank as the rocks cycle. It's a floating fuge. I don't think anyone has done that one before lol!

you should patent it and make it out of of plastic and sell for a 100000% mark up like every other plastic reef thing

gulfsurfer101

you should patent it and make it out of of plastic and sell for a 100000% mark up like every other plastic reef thing

Done! Everyone who is intersted in their own floaty fugey hmu! For the low introductory price of only 29.99 you too can have your own floaty fuge! First 5 buyers get one free!

20160503_173955_zpsqcfi9k9y.jpg

gulfsurfer101

If it works it ain't a stupid idea lol! I should be picking up some macro from a local this weekend. Caulerpa will be getting removed.

Oooooh I love the black sand and the DIY led! I just built my DIY for my gf's 10g macro last night!

20160503_203004_zpsjaqkjesf.jpg

20160503_203142_zpsvifkutsw.jpg

20160503_203201_zpsenwgcaxc.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Oooooh I love the black sand and the DIY led! I just built my DIY for my gf's 10g macro last night!

That's looking killer! I like the duel channels. I just put everything on one driver. This was built from spare parts I had lying around. I'll probably break it down and use the driver to run a string of rb's over my 75g for a total of 6 ati's and two strings of rb's with ten leds on each string!

20160503_203004_zpsjaqkjesf.jpg

20160503_203142_zpsvifkutsw.jpg

20160503_203201_zpsenwgcaxc.jpg

Effing awesome!

Archived