Innovative Marine Aquariums

Gulf's ever evolving nano party mix tape!

gulfsurfer101

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

I like the duel channel. I had a bunch of spare parts for mine. I scraped off the old leds off the sink then placed 3-3ups 2 green 1lime and 1rb to balance everything out then power it all with an inventronics dimmable driver I had laying around.

It's a temp deal though because I want to replace it with a t5 fixture. Once I sell enough of these caulerpa bags I should have it though lol!

I like the duel channel. I had a bunch of spare parts for mine. I scraped off the old leds off the sink then placed 3-3ups 2 green 1lime and 1rb to balance everything out then power it all with an inventronics dimmable driver I had laying around.

It's a temp deal though because I want to replace it with a t5 fixture. Once I sell enough of these caulerpa bags I should have it though lol!

Mine is a royal blue, ww, nw, cw, uv, and cyan mix! Nah LED for Macro is easier and cheaper in the long run I think

gulfsurfer101

Mine is a royal blue, ww, nw, cw, uv, and cyan mix! Nah LED for Macro is easier and cheaper in the long run I think

I just need something that will cover the lenght of the tank. Espicially now that I got all this living stuff in it!

20160504_145627_zpspslaoc37.jpg

20160504_145636_zpsvh0heqen.jpg

20160504_145614_zpssetzitqs.jpg

I just need something that will cover the lenght of the tank. Espicially now that I got all this living stuff in it!

20160504_145627_zpspslaoc37.jpg

looks good though!!! yeah long tanks are hard to light. Why not turn your makersled heat sink length wise? you could just get a pair of cheap par38s?

gulfsurfer101

looks good though!!! yeah long tanks are hard to light. Why not turn your makersled heat sink length wise? you could just get a pair of cheap par38s?

I don't like par bulbs for some reason. I have another 6" makers hs but no more 3-ups. The cost one for them and I can have a sweet cheap t5 fixture from oddesea.

I don't like par bulbs for some reason. I have another 6" makers hs but no more 3-ups. The cost one for them and I can have a sweet cheap t5 fixture from oddesea.

check out my DIY stuff in the classifieds I am sure you can find some things to use!

gulfsurfer101

It's looking good

Thanks! I had an early out and was working on a house right on the water. Grabbed them on my lunch break and placed them in a bucket of fw to kill off any pest and eggs.

Definitely need more lighting! If all else fails I will have a spare SB led fixture once I transfer all my 20l into my 75g.

20160504_145442_zpsurxgxjdq.jpg

check out my DIY stuff in the classifieds I am sure you can find some things to use!

I'll keep an eye out!
gulfsurfer101

Update on my 12g macro tank! Got a cheap t5 fixture that I plan to retrofit a few royal blue leds directly onto the fixture.

20160511_201804_zps5sfjbbm3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

Looks like the Chinese connection came through! Got ten rb leds for 2.49 shipped! Can't beat that!

20160521_193449_zps4qacukil.jpg

20160521_204529_zpsgkf8awoi.jpg

gulfsurfer101

I'm also thinking that the macro tank has now become boring to me! I may just go with all zoas or mixed reef!

gulfsurfer101

Go with the mixed reef! You can still put the sponges and macros in there.

Yeah I think I definitely want coral in here now that my fixture went to like 100 real quick! So blue it almost did a crip walk across the tank like snoop a loop!
gulfsurfer101

Woah! I'm getting ready to tear down my 20l and transfer everything over to my 75g tank this weekend. Diatoms are officially on the decline. I think once I bring in my established rock and sand that my cuc will devour the rest and repopulate the entire tank and flourish! The tank has held euphyllia and montipora for over a week with no signs of stn, rtn, bjd or any other problem that normally occur during new tank syndrom. Ever since I broke it down and reset it back up after a major overhaul and 100% wc it's like a whole new tank.

• 2 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

Tore down my 20l and now everything is in my 75g! So much more room for stuff! It's still a work in progress. I need to hang my canopy and clean up the wires behind the tank! Also playing around with some bulb combinations!

20160604_101459_zpsbynboulk.jpg

20160604_101523_zpsdnu1t31q.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Hit the beach today for a few hours! Found lots of live barnacles washed up on shore that I decided to toss into my 12L macro tank! Looks like I picked up a pistol shrimp as a hitchhiker! I believe it might be a green pistol shrimp!

20160604_174913_zpsfncuyegf.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Live barnacle cluster constantly filtering! I'm feeding YFS 5-50 micron coral and fry food! I have roughly anywhere from 200-500 live barnacles atm in my 12L!

20160606_191106_zpsif7mfqoe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Also I'm jealous of those barnacles! I went on a study tour through the PNW, and found some great empty ones I wanted to bring back for my tank and lost them somewhere in transit!

gulfsurfer101

Also I'm jealous of those barnacles! I went on a study tour through the PNW, and found some great empty ones I wanted to bring back for my tank and lost them somewhere in transit!

I can always send you some! I found some both live and empty!

Archived