inTank Media Baskets

eclipse 12... woot woot!!

yoshiod9

yeah..i often get 'the look' when i tell my boyfriend that a package is coming in for me and it's another thing of corals! lol. yeah..i think i'm in that zoo craze still so that's why i'm excited about the possibility of you fragging some! pm me or email me at nutella@mail.utexas.edu if you're going to frag any bc i want first dibs!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome black leopard wrasse you got. How big is the wrasse? I've got a regular leopard wrasse and have been on the lookout for either a black or a potters leopard. Did you ever get around to putting in some sand for it to sleep in at night?

baby- i'll definitely let you know when i get ready to frag them! the zoo craze is hard to let go...i think it's gonna last in me for a long time. as it is right now, i moved into my own place and my mom, gf and i went to home depot and i decided i wanted to plants for my balcony. i saw some cool ones with, as i described them to my gf as having 'white skirts with an orange ring around the blue centers'. she looked at me all crazy-like and told me...'they're flowers, not corals danny.' :blush: stupid gf always punking me! X)

J-bass- the black leopard is a tiny little guy...maybe 2 inches or so. i had been looking for a leopard wrasse for probably 6 months or so before i found my black leopard wrasse. i figured i wouldn't find the leopard wrasse so i ponyed up the 12.99 and bought the black one(not to mention the 12.99 price was a huge factor). the potter's wrasse is stunning...if i ever found one locally i would definitely buy it. i did end up putting a thing of sand into the tank...if you look at the last pic(the one of the ricordea) you can see the tupperware container filled with sand.

tigah- the 29 is all crazy...it was going to be the sump for the 75...which was supposed to be bought about a week after i moved to my new place. in the mean time i was using it as a holding tank for the remenants of my 10 and 6. then i figured out the 75 was gonna cost WAY too much, so i decided to just keep the 29l up. lol. i definitely need some better lighting, but i'm happy for right now.

hey! I know Brian @ Exotic...yeah he definitely knows his stuff.

I was ####ed cause I was looking for a 3 x 3 cube tank and and aqualife quoted me $1850 for a custom made acrylic...WAY TOO MUCH. then I talked to brian and he had just sold his STARFIRE cube of very similar dimension with stand and canopy for $1000.00 even...DAMNITALLTOHELL>....I was sooooo ####ed that I missed the boat.

OH WELL>

wow...i love how you replied and i received no notice eben. lol. i can't believe he sold a starfire cube for that cheap. holy crap. anyway, if you read this before you read your thread...you need to get in touch with the member low tide here on n-r. he's located in orangevale(right off of hazel/madison) and he's got nothing but rare sps. his name is dale and he's soooooo cool and has got some ridiculously cool stuff.

here are some pics of what i picked up from him today. ultra generous frag size and very very very healthy corals.

the colors of the pics are very very off from what they actually look like. i need a better camera and i need to learn how to take better pics. lol. anyway...here are the new guys!

the new cali tort...about 2" on the main branch and 1" on the branch facing into the camera.

newbluetort.jpg

the green with orangish corallites. absolutely stunning.

greenmillewithorangecorallites.jpg

this is the boss' frag...if i get close to it i can actually see that the tip is pink and the pink corallites are easily visilbe. you can barely make out the pink in this pic.

bossfragofmille.jpg

here's a horrible pic of the blue mille...it's in such a hard place to take a decent shot of it. this is with a flash so a lot of the blue is washed out. this pic does the piece NO justice whatsoever.

bluemillebadpic.jpg

nice stuff man. i think i might be looking at getting a new tank once i get into my new place. im coming up there tomorrow to look for a new apartment. my tank looks like crap after moving it over here to my parents house. tons of my montis "fragged" themselves during packing. anyway i should be up there within a week or two. hopefully we can get together sometime. oh about the bar fragswap, i cant make it, i have tickets to the motogp races at laguna seca. im kinda bummed i cant go

you've gotta see this stuff with your own eyes. sooo nice. that sucks about the barswap, but heck, motogp is a pretty good reason to not go. lol. lmk if you need any help moving or anything...i usually only work a few days a week as it is now.

Originally posted by yoshiod9

yeah, it's definitely cluttered...this tank was supposed to be a staging tank until i get my big tank set up...but since i ran outta cash, i needed to get on top of making sure this tank works well for my corals...therefore, i don't care how crappy it looks right now... :D  

be on the lookout for corals for sale from me so i can pay my bills (i had really poor money management skills this past month!) and stuff this month! :D

well i can join you in on that one...haha.

here's an update on the new color of my atlantis blue/green acan lord colony. over 15 corallites now. :D

bluegreenatlantislord.jpg

oh, and since i felt like being all noob-ish, i decided to buy a tang to force the tank upgrade that has been impending.

the biggest mofo tang you can get(well, nearly the biggest).

tang.jpg

he's only about 3 inches nose to tail now though. tiny little fella but sooo gorgeous.

• 3 weeks later...

right-o....so the only real update besides new corals is this...my clam died. :*( woke up one morning and it was totally sucked in. that hurt cuz that clam was freaking gorgeous and i loved it. **sniff**sniff**

ok, well my local reef club had a frag swap yesterday and i picked up some cherry stuff...but i have crappy photo skills so these pictures don't even contend with the colorations of the corals in real life.

here's what looks like a prostrata or mille...absolutely gorgeous in real life...bright reddish purple and blue. sooooo nice.

reddishwithblue.jpg

i picked up some zoos in a trade with Whodah...armageddons and some purple/green he got from logicalreef.com. the new ones are in the bottom left of the pic. the armageddons are this weird orange/yellow/red color...very neat.

armageddonstrueredsandmore.jpg

i picked up an a. horrida as well...just cuz i liked the green polyp and purple base look. lol.

a.jpg

there are quite a few others but the pics i took weren't even close to showing how they look in real life, so i didn't bother posting them. :/

oh yeah...PSP owns all.

PSPLOVE.jpg

is that?! could that be?!

yeah, that's right, it's N-R and i can browse the internet with my PSP. gosh, i love that thing.

Nice mille/prostrata. That atlantis green is looking good now too!

Did your cyphastrea ever pick up any growth?

oh man, i just realized i never told anyone what happened to that piece and my atlantis efflo. as i was running out of tank space, i decided to put them into my HOB. that worked out really well and i saw some decent growth...until i had a poweroutage one day. i guess the HOB lost suction and when the power came back on, it didn't restart. i ended up losing both pieces. i was pretty damn ####ed.

well...next time you get some really nice SPS like the efflo and mille you should frag it, and then I can put in my tank as a "back up" so if anything ever goes wrong in your system there is back up of the rare stuff.... LOL....

But in all seriousness it is a good thing to do! Let me know when the new system is ready...I have some Leng Sy, and Tyree's blue Stag for you! Also possibly some of the baby blue Monti. Eff. you liked as well!

sounds good to me eben...i should be picking up some 'rare' stuff in about a week and a half or so(from james at aquascene). when it grows out to a fraggable size i'll hack it up for ya! :D

i picked up a few purple polyp and blue polyp caps and won a turaki frag as well yesterday. awesome stuff...sooo nice.

lol...finally! my pep has been frighteningly well behaved while in the 29l. i'd prefer to not have him, but seeing how he is being good, i don't mind.

i've always got some acan laying around! blastos, on the other hand...just don't seem to last for long with me. lol. probably cuz i have too much light. oh well. that just leaves more room for acans and sps. :D

hey man how was the swap? i had tickets to Moto GP at laguna seca so i couldnt make it. im all moved in in roseville now and should have either my tank or a new one up here shortly. im thinkin about gettin a 30 cube but havent completely decided yet. anyway hopefully ill have my tank up here soon, then my gf and i can join your gf and you on your lfs tours...ll i gotta do is get her more interested in the hobby...hmmm howd you do it?

swap was cool...i watched some of the highlights from the moto gp on fox soccer channel(of all places, they had a short bit on the moto gp!) today. i'm still looking forward to an upgrade but i'm about 90% sure i can't afford one. lol.

what's funny is that my gf actually got me into saltwater...she had a nano about 3.5 years ago that she was keeping a clown in and that prompted me to buy an eclipse12. after i bought the eclipse i did the fowlr thing and then quickly became infatuated with corals. she's not nearly as into the hobby as i am, but she can hold her own, i'd say. i guess that i'm pretty lucky...at least that's what just about every guy tells me! lol.

ya, my gf comes to the stores with me but then after about 30 minutes of me saying "i want" she gets that ready to leave look and i know im doomed if i dont...so i try to go alone ha ha. im going to try to bring the crappo-cube back up from my parents this weekend but we will see what happens. btw do you use chillers? if not what temp do you keep your air conditioning on? cause its 105 outside right now and if i didnt have hte air on it would be in the mid 80's even 90's in my apt.

i keep the ambient pretty low...around 74-75* and i run iceprobe chillers on both tanks. the chillers keep the 29l and the 12g within reasonable limits(around 78-79 usually). i'm just worried about my smud bill.

Archived