Innovative Marine Aquariums

eclipse 12... woot woot!!

yoshiod9

dang thats low, i keep mine at like 76 during the day and 78 during the night...hopefully i wont have too many heat problems. im gonna run a pendent with open top to help with the heat, im sure ill haev time to figure out temps and stuff though

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i should be keeping mine aroud 76-78 but seeing how i have a 250w retro basically sitting on top of the 29l and two 70w mh retros i kinda like to make sure things stay within reasonable limits. :D i need to go pendant style and open top...but seeing how i haven't had time to build something, that is still in the planning mode.

fish- if you keep your ambient at 70...wow. i can't even begin to think about your power bills. lol.

but you live in the bay ss...in the valley its 105 right now, trying to get the house 45 degrees less than outside would be nuts

LOL... if i really want to, i can get the temp down pretty low fairly quickly in my apt. i've only got a 750sq ft. 1bd, 1bth apt, so things get cool quickly.

i've got a bit of a problem with my 29l now though...it's been getting into the low 80's. which makes me worry. so yeah, i think i need a 'real' chiller soon...that or i should build a canopy/pendant kinda thing for all my lights. :D

dark- i actually got it second hand, but the frag came from matt.

yoshiod9

i wouldnt worry too much. when i was visiting, b16's 3.5g display reached 86 every day with no problems, and this was in spring. corals are tougher than we all think IMO

lol...i have to worry...i usually run my tank around the 78 mark...so an increase of 4+ degrees frightens me. :D i've lost an entire tank of corals to overheating once, so i've vowed to never have it happen again. lol.

yeah, i'm that big of a geek.

yeah i get worried as well when my tank hits the low 80s. hehe that is why i sold you my iceprobe and went for a real chiller. im sure your tank will be fine; it just needs some TLC from you and you gf.

hell yes it is...lol. i actually had a few pieces bleach out on me yesterday...and the tank temp only went from high 78 to low 82. freakin' finicky ass corals.

Hey did you guys check out that all star game last night? Seems like everyone was dying from the heat until the sun went down! I can only imagine how hot it is up there considering that I was dying down here today when not under A/C at work haha.

lol. whenever you want eben! just tell me when you're available and you can stop by if i'm home. :D

dark- what allstar game? the only sports i watch on tv are basically soccer and football...maybe a little rugby in there as well...but that's the extent of my sporting love.

i do know that it was NASTY hot though...i was down in Vallejo and they don't have A/C at my gf's house(reallllly old home)...i thought i was going to literally melt.

ya its been crazy hot here, supposed to be up to 108 monday. thank god for ac cause i jsut moved my tank here this weekend. im looking for a new tanka s we speak so i can actually add some corals cause my tank is so packed. you get that pendant built yet? do you even have any tools? if you ever need some help with building it let me know, ive got some power tools and like to build stuff.

eric- the tools i have up here are just simple hand tools... pliers, wire stripper, diagonal cutters, socket wrench, screwdrivers, dremel, etc. if i really need something fancy, i usually make the trek back to vacaville to use my dads' stuff. lol. that'd definitely be awesome to have some help on building some kind of enclosure for my lighting... i need to get it off of the tank so my tank can cool off a bit! (high of 81.5 today...yikes!)

i'm actually thinking about setting up my gf's ollllddddd 55. standard dimensions, but it'll give me a lot of space to play around with...that's for sure. anyway, lmk what your work schedule is like and we can try to meet up sometime.

dark- ohhhh...yeah, i don't follow baseball...sorry. i was just down in concord this evening and it was soooo hot around 4 or so...but by the time i left(8 or 9) it was pretty darn nice out...bordering on cool even. :D

hey danny. i need help building a canopy for my 250 retro kit too. putting it on top of my tank really scarces me!

-stan

i work 8-5 but after work dont usually have anything to do. i have the typical power tools, circular saw, drill, sawzall and jigsaw. we could probably make some sort of hanging pendant pretty easily. lmk

sounds good stan, maybe you, eric and i can get together and build some ghetto pendants of sorts. :D

if that's cool with you, eric...just give me a day you think you'd be down to build some stuff and we'll get to it! :D

sounds good to me. lml if anything happens. hey when are we going to bay area to do your fish store runs. hehe

Archived