ReefCleaners.org

eclipse 12... woot woot!!

yoshiod9

lol...we'll hit up the bay when i get some cash...rachael and i are in the poor house as of right now. i'm probably not going to be working at my store anymore...i'll fill you in on the details when i see you next. we'll definitely let you know when we're gonna go though...:D

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe ill come and visit you this week. i still have to give you back your raffle winning and check out some sac stores.

sounds good to me...lmk when you're coming up that way i can make sure to be around so we can go hit up some stores together. :D

i'm available anytime. just tell me a day and ill be there at your place. see you soon. btw your mailbox is full

if you want to plan an evening next week we can build some pendants. like weds or something. what are you going to put in it? i think those ones they used to have at tropical paradise looked pretty sharp. do you remember them? they made them out of like 3"x1" strips of oak but they mounted pendants inside of it. lets get some plans down so you can pick up the wood and stuff so when we meet up we can just get em done. let me know if you want me to think up some ideas and do some drawings or anything. i'll check out some links if i still have them around.

slo- i'm gonna try to make something that i can put a 250w se retro with spider reflector into. the reflector is only about 13" long...so maybe a 16" enclosure? i'm pretty noob as to what i should be buying, but i'm fine with going on my own as long as you can tell me what i need. lol. i do remember the TP setup...if you want to try that, that's perfectly fine with me...just as long as it stops my retro from sitting an inch off of the water. lol. next wednesday sounds great to me...my gf and stan(wimpydailo) will probably come along(if that's alright...if not, lmk and i'll just axe 'em!) ;). wednesdays our my gf and my usual days off together, so i'll definitely be free.

if you can find some links or have some ideas to work with that'd be great! i'm not too much of a woodworker(i.e. i can do basic stuff, but i'm no bob villa) but i'm sure i'll do alright in the whole construction portion...the planning phase might be a smidge tough for me though. :D

dark- yep...family birthday party...i saw the invite on the RC bar forum, but i had things to do so i didn't try to make it. you saw jeff littlefield's(or something along those lines) tank, right? he's got some cherry picks in his tank. realllllyyyy nice stuff.

hey man, ill look into some old threads if i can find them. i saw a few pretty awesome diy wood pendents somewhere, i just gotta find em.

anyway there are 2 home depots within about 10 minutes of here so if you dont want to go by yourself its no problem. i dont have too much space here but we can turn my truck into a workbench or something and hang out out there for a bit.

i'll let you know if i find the links so you can check em out and see what you think.

eric- sounds good to me, man. i know there's a HD right off of 80 in roseville...so if you want to go together, we can do that...if not, no biggie. :D

pherg- those zoos took me over a year and a half to find. no joke. i saw them over two years ago for the first time and no one that had them wanted to frag them. i even offered something like 50 bucks for a few polyps and had no takers. they're my absolute favorite and i've had bad luck with them. lol. out of the 30+ i started out with, they grew to around 80 or so...then i fragged them out and all of the remaining zoos died with the exception of three or four. as it is right now, i have ONE left. lol. i'm definitely waiting for them to grow out. :D within a year or so you'll hopefully be seeing them in the classifieds/in SLO's tank. ;)

WOW well youv got quite a story with them, so the search begins. I'll be buying some if you offer some sometime. thanks for the info.

danny , you gotta tell me when you are going to HD to get stuff for your pendant. i want to build a canopy for my tank as well. I NEED HELP!!!!

Yeah Jeff was awesome, he hosted the BBQ and everything. His tank is great too (as he is a master carpenter) with a single 1000w SE MH over the tank on a luminarc reflector (the tank is over 5 feet long too!). Got a frag of the famous blue stylo too :)

pherg- yeah, i saw your pieces yesterday on RC as well as here...the first is definitely a 'chalice' type coral...but that second one had my alll confused. word of advice...ask randyo what he thinks it is. he's usually correct in his guesses. :D nice stuff though...they'll be quite gorgeous when they color up!

sounds good stan...i'll do so. also, i just finished talking with the guy i'm buying the 20k bulbs from...did you still wanna get in on them? i'll be sending out the check tomorrow to him and already told him i'm buying one used one and one new one. lmk if you still want one of them. :D

so i picked up my new tank and lights and stuff today! im pretty stoked. hopefully in the next few days i can get it set up so we can go check out low-tides pad

sounds great eric...just let me know when you'd like to go check dale's stuff out...i'm free...well, everyday now. :D what tank and lighting did you decide to go with??

i got a 30 cube with an aquamedic 0w pendent and 14k phoenix bulb. ive got one seio 620 with the tank and want to get either another one of those or build a hang on closed loop or something. i probably wont be ready to go to dales untill next week or so to pick up some less delicate stuff to try out

nice! that's actually the size tank i wanted to upgrade to. in my 29l i'm running a 620 and i definitely need another one. lol. not enough flow from just that one seio. just lmk when you want to check out dale's. :D

i havent been able to find any sites for the diy pendant. have you come up with any ideas of what you want? i havent had time to try and draw anything up, but hopefully before you come ill be able to get something done up

i haven't really had too many ideas...all i really need is a basic sort of enclosure. the TP style will be fine with me...i'm not truly interested in something that will be asthetically pleasing...i'm searching more for something that is entirely functional. so yeah. lol. i figure we can just get together and hit up HD and figure something out on the run. get a good length of wood and just slice it up to the dimensions we need and nail/glue it together and we should be fine...right? :D so what day do you want to try to get together? this coming tuesday is perfect for me(as are the rest of the days of the week...but tuesday is the day my gf heads back home, so i'll be lonely and looking for something to do... compared to the other days where my gf stays at my place.).

Archived