inTank Media Baskets

eclipse 12... woot woot!!

yoshiod9

lol. you crack me up dennis. :D

here's the last pic for the night. i decided to frag the red and green favia. here's one of the HUGE pieces...about 2x2 or so.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very nice. quick question. do you happen to know the relative growth rates of favia and echino/oxy in comparison to acanthastrea?

just askin cuz I got a tiny echinophyllia frag that still looks tiny to me.

favia grow realllllly slowly. echinos and oxys grow at a semi-decent rate. take a pic of it and let it sit for a month or two and you'll definetly notice growth when you compare it to the pic. i don't think there are any lps that can rival the speed with which acans grow.

i have fragged a favia before but it was back home where i had decent tools. i fragged the favia using a screwdriver as a chisel and a crescent wrench as a hammer. pretty ghetto but it worked ok. healing usually isn't a problem with favias rory. sometimes though you may get die-off from the polyps that get broken through rather than around. so half polyps sometimes won't make it.

so, the favia i fragged with a wrench and a screwdriver lives on but the pieces i bought from my dependable lfs decided to die on me. woke up one morning to see how my babies were doing and i saw nothing but a bleached skeleton. needless to say i was pretty ####ed.

Cool Dottyback! Sorry about those losses. Its crazy how you can practicaly tear coral apart and it lives, but then perfectly healthy pieces just receed and die out of no where. Go figure...

here's a nice pic of the tomato in my roommates rbta(he couldn't take care of it so i put it in my tank...lol. i love getting free livestock!).

too lazy to start a thread of their own for my 6 and 10gallon. the 10 was just setup in the beginning of january and the anemone is from my roommates tank(had to put it in there cuz it decided to move when i put it in my tank and it blasted some sps and my acans)...which he didn't know how to take care of. anyway, here are the pics of the six and the ten....the six's glass is extremely dirty!!

10 gallon sink side(this tank and the six are a visual barrier to the living room of the apt from the kitchen).

if you look closely you can see ludacris' newest video...:D

Archived