Pod Your Reef

eclipse 12... woot woot!!

yoshiod9

Nice tank. My hood mod is exactly the same now (except for that MH). Is the 70mh strictly to light the AC200?

What's your dosing/feeding/maintenance schedule?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the mh is for the monti caps i have and for an added kick of 10k to make sure things grow a bit faster! i have it angled over the ac200 for the chaeto but i always put frags in their as well. right now it is lighting a piece of green porites, green and red favia, a frag of blue with red polyps m. danae, and some zoos.

i don't really dose anything...maybe a kalk drip for water replacement once a week or so and a cup of superbuffer once a week to make sure the ph stays up. i don't technically feed my tank....i only feed my acanthastrea frags. they get a mix of brine, mysis, and cyclopeeze. any leftovers the fish can get. i usually do a 10% wc every week or so...depending on if i forget or not.

Love your tank. have an eclipse 12 myself that i just converted to salt water and it rocks!!! just put the powerquad 96w in and that thing gets hot! i mounted it directly to the plastic studs that the stock lighting was attached to. have you had any worries of it melting the studs? prob just stupid paranioa on my part. planning on attaching a mini fan in the hood but havnt yet. have you had any problems or suggestions with this? acfuge is next but havnt had many problems with water quality other than my nitrates but nothing has died. yet.....

EPIC,

Search around for some other Eclipse 12ers and you'll see that pros and cons of the 96w.

I too have that light (removed the stock filter for better light penetration) and the only problem I have is the heat warming the tank but it's in no way melting any plastic.

I bought 2 small PC case fans at RadioShack, drilled two holes on either side of the hood and mounted the fans with one pushin in air the other pushing out. Right now the temps are stable but I'm worried about what might happen come summer.

NOOB

Epic: That's exactly what i did too, just drilled to holes in the reflector to match the stock studs.

Yoshi: I might try to put the powerheads in the same configuration that you have. Ever since i removed the stock filter and added the AC200, i've never been able to get my circulation right. It's either too strong and creates huge sand dunes or it's too weak and i get dead spots that accumulate detritus.

i have my ac200 turned down all the way but with the skimmer output and the ph i figure things are alright. plus the fact the the output of the 200 falls directly onto some of my lr helps difuse any possible ls storms.

new rics....don't ask how much...the cost will make your balls shrivel. X)

pic taken without flash, under 10k 70w mh...they are in the fuge/filter so thats why it looks a little messy in there. :D

RIP...i tried to frag these bad boys and they decided to melt away on me...

That does look like a hillae to me. finally...a REAL hillae. hahah.

dude...lets make a trade when u frag that baby. dont be shady and leave me out! hahaha.

and what about the acanthastrea thread?! =P hahah. sorry for bustin your chops. =)

dude. my LFS sells that favia for $10 for a 5" frag. get over the hype.

LOL. just playin, dude. VERY nice purchases! you keepin that oxypora or you gonna trade/sell? hehe. not that i have any oxypora to trade, but just curious. =)

i'll definetly be trading/selling(i'm wayyy too poor...i mean... nice... to think about keeping all these goodies to myself!). i'm gonna re-post a pic of the monti danae cuz the pic i had it looked really...brown. lol. in the meantime, here's the orange yuma i picked up...it has two 1/4in baby polyps as well! awesome.

the blue green pocillopora damacornis. bad polyp extension in this pic(and the others as well cuz i just turned on the lights to take the pics!).

here's the monti. danae with blue polyps(and the m. cap. with blue polyps....it used to have a green base but i put it in my gf's tank and it browned out entirely.). enjoy.

Archived