Coral Vue Hydros

Kimber's Fusion 20: RETIRED!

kimberbee

Oh yes...the regular size ceriths dig into my sandbed too! Not sure they sift it but they definitely move it a bit. The best sand sifter is you and a gravel vacuum ;). I'm done trying to find animals to do the work for me because they never do what I want them to do LOL. Now I'm the "algae eater" and the "sand sifter" in my tank :D.

It's true. I use a turkey baster to blast my sandbed around every other water change. Maybe get a pistol and goby pair for your tank! They are cute and the pistol loves pushing sand around all day! Other than that nothing comes to mind.

I know you don't want more snails but I hear great things about THESE.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes...the regular size ceriths dig into my sandbed too! Not sure they sift it but they definitely move it a bit. The best sand sifter is you and a gravel vacuum ;). I'm done trying to find animals to do the work for me because they never do what I want them to do LOL. Now I'm the "algae eater" and the "sand sifter" in my tank :D.

I do vacuum up my sand, but after what I'm going through with my biocube, I thought some extra help wouldn't hurt!

would a wrasse work?

Holding out for a Pink Streaked Wrasse. LA had some but at $100 shipped it's a little too pricey right now.

I have jumbo nassarius- like 2+ inches each, medium sized ~1 in and also the nasarius vibex baby sized snails. They all do a good job under the sand. The fighting conch is a very good cleaner.

kimber, is your pinky RFA still around? or did it not survive?

Did not survive... :( the pink and green RFAs from the biocube both withered away. I think they were too small for my noob care.

Pickles%20Teeth.jpg

PICKLES!! :wub:

that sucks. :( how small were they when

you got them? like quarter sized? yeah, mine

were all pretty big when i buy them. much easier.

out of the 5, i only had the pinky die on me.

that sucks. :( how small were they when

you got them? like quarter sized? yeah, mine

were all pretty big when i buy them. much easier.

out of the 5, i only had the pinky die on me.

Just smaller than quarter sized. The ones I have now are all much bigger!

Any fishy suggestions for something a bit unique, colorful, and active?

I have a feeling it's gonna be a while before I can get my PSW... :(

Still thinking of a fish, but I have time to wait. I need to buy a couple new test kits and carbon/phoslock next time I'm at the LFS,

I am feeling burnt out on reefing right now. 3 tanks to keep up with, fishy death, and a super cloudy cube after adding sand Monday has just made me feel really blah this week.

For water change day yesterday, I took 10 cloudy gallons out of the cube, changed 3-4 gallons from the holding tank, and 4 gallons from the fusion. Then all the "dirty" but clear water went into the cube. I half-a$$ed my glass scraping, didn't baste any rocks, and didn't siphon the sand either. I promised my fishes I would clean better next week. What usually takes me 2.5 hours to do weekly, I had done in less than an hour.

What I did accomplish was getting some boxes of crap together for my mom to put in a garage sale, organized and cleaned my whole bathroom (including the linen closet and the cabinet under the sink), and organized and cleaned my small front hallway (with a utility closet where I keep my buckets). :happydance:

:grouphug: hang in there, Kimber. Went through some reef blahs too, so I scaled back my tank a bit. 3 SW tanks to care for...ugh, makes me cringe :P. How much longer do you think you'll need to keep the holding tank set up?

:grouphug: hang in there, Kimber. Went through some reef blahs too, so I scaled back my tank a bit. 3 SW tanks to care for...ugh, makes me cringe :P. How much longer do you think you'll need to keep the holding tank set up?

Hopefully only till the end of the month. This tank is doing pretty well with minimal effort on my part which is GREAT!! Though I think I need to up my feeding (for the SPS) and get another fish for the pods that are EVERYWHERE!!

I keep forgetting to charge my camera. This tank turned 4 months last week!!

Half-assed, 4 month, cell phone shot:

20506757870_720cc56c53_z.jpg

I didn't get my camera out last night, cause the weather was bad, which made the lighting in my apartment crappy. Didn't feel like messing with setting when I had water changes to get done!

Here's a kitty picture instead:

20073774483_76139eaf99_z.jpg

How many rfas now? and what a pretty kitty. Love the striping away from his face and the pure white right underneath it. Nice contrast.

How many rfas now? and what a pretty kitty. Love the striping away from his face and the pure white right underneath it. Nice contrast.

I've got 13!! Most are behaving and staying put, but there's 2-3 that like to wander!

I've got 13!! Most are behaving and staying put, but there's 2-3 that like to wander!

Love it. I never knew you had so many already. Don't you just love it. Mine mostly stay put too but lately the yellow one in Gertie's tank has been moving around. I love 'em because they are so easy to take care of.

Love it. I never knew you had so many already. Don't you just love it. Mine mostly stay put too but lately the yellow one in Gertie's tank has been moving around. I love 'em because they are so easy to take care of.

I didn't mean to have this many so soon!! I kept getting an extra sent free with my online orders!!

I didn't mean to have this many so soon!! I kept getting an extra sent free with my online orders!!

Nice!

It looks so pretty. How old is kitty? :wub:

Archived