Kimber's Fusion 20: RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy 6 Months!!

22073127870_4ff2bb919c_z.jpg

Andromeda, the hand biting, food stealing little b...

22235108056_2bb21835fc_z.jpg

Acan mountain

22261178175_a8be2b0ac9_z.jpg

Sun coral

21638447234_0e4f441563_z.jpg

Green for dayyyyys!! Any ID on this one? Someone told me once and I forgots...

22073442018_91cb5863bb_z.jpg

Plate

22074327059_183bf3c145_z.jpg

RFAS

22248368272_abcf900bd9_z.jpg

22261195865_19790ffede_z.jpg

22261201415_a51f4b6f54_z.jpg

And Cassi tending to the lonely RFA on the left rock

22074342889_b6e2ac782a_z.jpg

Oh, and from the lunar eclipse a few nights ago:

22261208585_2e85d027af_z.jpg

Well, son of a bitch... Another rock flower decided to walk clear across the tank to the left island.

Trying to rethink what I might keep in the consolidation. I'm worried cause its awfully close to my acans. I've already lost 1 sps frag to an rfa, and two more are stung pretty bad.

They are lucky they are so pretty... :wub:

I love RFAs but don't love that they walk. And eventually they will walk. They always do. I still love that petite little pink zebra one you have :wub:. That was my favorite when I had a collection of them in my tank.

Mine have walked soooo little. It's odd all this walk about talk, but then when it did walk, removed itself, it flew into that trachy of mine and melted up. Odd. Mine have not been the cause of problems to other things. Other things have burned mine.

Sweet looking colors on tat plate coral. Tank is looking good!

Do you feed the sun coral ? I had one years ago and that is what keeps me from getting another. Spot feeding that thing everyday got old. But it was about 20 heads r so and the size of a baseball.

Sweet looking colors on tat plate coral. Tank is looking good!

Do you feed the sun coral ? I had one years ago and that is what keeps me from getting another. Spot feeding that thing everyday got old. But it was about 20 heads r so and the size of a baseball.

Yup I spot feed it. And the acans, and the RFAs. :)

I'm starting to get diatoms, or cyano, or something on the sand. Must be my heavy handed feeding. Maybe if Andromeda would stop stealing food from my corals, I wouldn't have to feed extra!!

I am late to the party but Happy 6th months. The pics are nice. Sorry about the algae and aiptasia though. Maybe spot feeding is contributing to the algae and aiptasia just happens to all of us occasioanally. Nothing a concentrated squirt of super buffer can't take care of though.

The uglies are pissing me off so I did a quick brush down of the back wall, brush down of the rocks, basted the sand, then 4 gallon water change. I also added my eshopps nano skimmer. Fits like a glove! Now, hopefully it doesn't take for ever to break in!!

22319373770_39bf826f0a_z.jpg

21884580944_d9911f7e48_z.jpg

The uglies are pissing me off so I did a quick brush down of the back wall, brush down of the rocks, basted the sand, then 4 gallon water change. I also added my eshopps nano skimmer. Fits like a glove! Now, hopefully it doesn't take for ever to break in!!

22319373770_39bf826f0a_z.jpg

21884580944_d9911f7e48_z.jpg

I remember when I added my first skimmer it made a big difference!

Acans are receding. I think they aren't getting enough food because of Andromeda stealing it out of their mouths. :angry:

I'm going to change my feeding schedule a bit - mysis/brine Tuesdays and Thursdays, reef roids/cyclops Sundays. I'm bad at remembering to feed reef roids, and now that I've added the skimmer I want to make sure there's enough foods floating around for all the corals. Andromeda is a pig, I'm not worried about her.

In sad news, my little scooter died last night. S/he hadn't looked good the last two days and all day yesterday barely moved. I made sure to put food right in front of it's stupid little face, but it didn't eat. I've got tons of pods, but it wasn't feeling up to hunting them, so it must have been sick/weak and not eating for a few days. :(

My anemone shrimp was a coral picker. I think they may be almost as bad as sexy shrimp. Sorry about the scooter :(.

I haven't seen mine picking at corals, but it will take food from the anemones if it's hungry. She's so little still, it doesn't take much to feed her. And she mostly just stays on the biggest nems that can handle a missed meal.

I'm sad about the scooter. I think I'm just not going to buy any pod eaters for a long while. My mandarin did ok, but wasn't a fatty like my clownfish and firefish. Only big eaters for me for now!!

I haven't seen mine picking at corals, but it will take food from the anemones if it's hungry. She's so little still, it doesn't take much to feed her. And she mostly just stays on the biggest nems that can handle a missed meal.

I'm sad about the scooter. I think I'm just not going to buy any pod eaters for a long while. My mandarin did ok, but wasn't a fatty like my clownfish and firefish. Only big eaters for me for now!!

It's so much easier and less stressful having good eaters :). This is why I sadly sold my mandarin. I just wanted simple with the new tank.

I'm Andromeda, the fat little jerk that eats food from corals.

21950859503_b03d2cbd3b_z.jpg

I eat so much, I can't even swim around.

22546064306_f11b1584ab_z.jpg

Fata$$...

a BIG thanks to Myria!!! She sent me some little pipettes that I used for the first time today. Holy crap they make spot feeding my corals sooooo much easier than using a turkey baster!! I ended up giving all my nems, acans, and sun corals two dinners tonight. Everyone was so hungry and I was happy to keep feeding. However, that means Andromeda also got two full meals.

I'm an idiot.

Finally decided, hey, maybe I should check/clean the return pump. There were 6 dawrf cerith shells stuck in the pump collecting a ton of gunk. It was gross. And it's likely contributed to why I have such nasty algae growth. I had barely any flow going on, I just didn't notice it somehow. :closedeyes:

I had that occur with chaeto- blocking almost all the flow until I figured out what happened. I almost flooded the tank with the pump after I fixed it lol- because I kept on adjusting the valve to put in more flow and when the pump suddenly was fixed it overwhelmed the overflow

I had that occur with chaeto- blocking almost all the flow until I figured out what happened. I almost flooded the tank with the pump after I fixed it lol- because I kept on adjusting the valve to put in more flow and when the pump suddenly was fixed it overwhelmed the overflow

Yup, I had to adjust my water level. Won't make that mistake again!

Archived