Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kimber's Fusion 20: RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jedi Mind Trick - has actually been moved up a bit on the rock and to the left, but here's a picture after it's settled in a little.

23935181060_5d8b1e76c4_z.jpg

I really like that 12 of my 14 RFA's have stayed on these rocks. I plan to move this structure (minus the front piece with two RFAs, green cap and neon toadstool) over to the 40 when I get it set up. Goal will be to keep it covered with RFAs. :wub:

Jedi Mind Trick - has actually been moved up a bit on the rock and to the left, but here's a picture after it's settled in a little.

I really like that 12 of my 14 RFA's have stayed on these rocks. I plan to move this structure (minus the front piece with two RFAs, green cap and neon toadstool) over to the 40 when I get it set up. Goal will be to keep it covered with RFAs. :wub:

Dammmmm girl. Looks nice in here dig the RFA collection. I understand the addiction, I love btas myself.

Yes, the rfa are beautiful. I am sorry that I can not have them in my tank :-(. I will just have to enjoy yours and everyone elses.

Yes, the rfa are beautiful. I am sorry that I can not have them in my tank :-(. I will just have to enjoy yours and everyone elses.

Too bad you are cured of your MTS... For now...

Those flowers sure love that spot in your tank Kimber! I think you should grab a few more. ;)

I was thinking the other day, I could probably make a trip there when you are ready to move if you need another hand with the tank stuff.

Looks good but get rid of the sticker........those stickers on a tank pic I just can not stand......kind of like feet to you in a pic :lol:

Looks good but get rid of the sticker........those stickers on a tank pic I just can not stand......kind of like feet to you in a pic :lol:

Are you on a crusade to get everyone to get rid of their stickers? :lol:

At this point, I know I'll be selling the tank in 3-4 months. So the sticker stays. But I promise that I will remove the stickers on my new tanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be picking up Andromeda's new jail... I mean home... tonight.

I plan to keep the left side arch structure form this tank for her. Hopefully it will fit well.

Duncan, zoas, and mushrooms.

Nems are on the move!! I wasn't able to find all of them in the moonlights this morning. Hopefully when I feed the tank tonight I can find them all and make sure they're ok!! :happy:

You may have told me this before somewhere I can't gind it now, but what heater are you using?! Jager Eheim ? (Spelling?)

75W neotherm in this one 100w Jager in the cube. Both do a good job! But the neotherm is nice and thin in the smaller tank.

...and how are the MIA nems, are they all accounted for?

Oh yes! They all popped back out! I did have to remove my green Gena cap from the rock though, it won't win against snuggly nems!

75W neotherm in this one 100w Jager in the cube. Both do a good job! But the neotherm is nice and thin in the smaller tank.

Oh yes! They all popped back out! I did have to remove my green Gena cap from the rock though, it won't win against snuggly nems!

I'm glad my caps are still living on in other tanks :).

I'm glad my caps are still living on in other tanks :).

I'll have to get some pics. The red one has exploded with growth!!

Your Nuvo 20 is a true inspiration for me, I love it, you did a wonderful job with it. :)

Thanks!! Unfortunately it'll only be up for 2-4 more months since I'll be moving. I know you're setting up one of your own, ask away if you have questions!!

Can I ask you a few questions :) Sorry, I'm being repetitive probably but I want to ask lots before even starting my new blank canvas of a tank, I've had the Spec V 2 years and there's alot I wish I'd asked before starting it... I was impatient!

1. Will you (or maybe already you have somewhere) share some details of your water making? You have a quick connect to the faucet I think, maybe you can post a few pics of how you do this process. The Nuvo 20 will be my first actual time making my own water. I have an RO/DI now, and some reef salt!

2. I can't see on your first post, or I'm being lazy perhaps, But are you using special media shelves (InTank etc.)? I'm thinking of just starting out using some egg-crate as I'm on budget.

3. Nuvo 20's... 2x filter chambers, are you running 2x bags of Chemipure Elite 2x Purigen (1x each chamber)? Double filter setups is pricy it seems, damn!!! :o

Maybe you can post a pic of the back chamber and how you have it setup! :)

Thank you thank you thank you!

Archived