inTank Media Baskets

Kimber's Fusion 20: RETIRED!

kimberbee

Can I ask you a few questions :) Sorry, I'm being repetitive probably but I want to ask lots before even starting my new blank canvas of a tank, I've had the Spec V 2 years and there's alot I wish I'd asked before starting it... I was impatient!

1. Will you (or maybe already you have somewhere) share some details of your water making? You have a quick connect to the faucet I think, maybe you can post a few pics of how you do this process. The Nuvo 20 will be my first actual time making my own water. I have an RO/DI now, and some reef salt!

2. I can't see on your first post, or I'm being lazy perhaps, But are you using special media shelves (InTank etc.)? I'm thinking of just starting out using some egg-crate as I'm on budget.

3. Nuvo 20's... 2x filter chambers, are you running 2x bags of Chemipure Elite 2x Purigen (1x each chamber)? Double filter setups is pricy it seems, damn!!! :o

Maybe you can post a pic of the back chamber and how you have it setup! :)

Thank you thank you thank you!

1. Yes, I use a quick disconnect to hook the RO/DI unit up to my kitchen faucet. It did require me to take out the aerator from the spout, which is annoying, but I live with it. The unit sits on my counter at all times in the corner. I just kind of wind the tubes around it when not in use and then un-wind when I need to make water. I make water once a week - as I'm doing tank maintenance. I put my jugs in the sink so I don't have to worry about overflowing onto my floor. It works for me cause that's my general chore night. so I'm home, I'm cleaning, I can keep an eye on things, and I only have to worry about making water once for the whole week.

2. I have 2 inTank media baskets. I tried the fuge basket but it failed for me, I think because I didn't have a good enough light for cheato. I used to use filter floss on the top of both baskets, but switched to polyfil when I ran out of filter floss. I do a lot of crafting and had some unused in a cabinet. It has lasted me FOREVER and I probably won't go back to filter floss. I used to mix up a small bag of carbon and phoslock. But I happened to run out of phoslock at the same time that I got Chemipure Blue nano packets to sample. I love the packets and use one in each basket. I found them on really good sale (20% off, plus buy one get one free) so I stocked up and have enough to last me until Christmas!! I like the in tank baskets, but they are expensive. I say try the egg crate and see how that does. I will be trying egg crate when I upgrade my biocube to the IM 40.

I'll post some pics for you later!

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're the best, thank you for all the details! :D

Do people generally run different media's in the different sides?

Would it be good to have 2x Chemipure Blue and then 1x Purigen and 1x Phoslock? Not sure how I should set my filtering up, I've never been too good at understanding how that all works..

I missed something somewhere between my move and tank electrocution crash incident but saw you're moving. Are both tanks coming down to become a bigger tank?

I missed something somewhere between my move and tank electrocution crash incident but saw you're moving. Are both tanks coming down to become a bigger tank?

I think she is putting everything into a IM 40 but not sure.

You're the best, thank you for all the details! :D

Do people generally run different media's in the different sides?

Would it be good to have 2x Chemipure Blue and then 1x Purigen and 1x Phoslock? Not sure how I should set my filtering up, I've never been too good at understanding how that all works..

I'm pretty sure if you use chemipure blue you dont need phoslock or purigen... I honestly don't really understand how it all works, but I avoid putting too much of anything in the tank.

Sup ?

Hey, lawnbro. How's the weather over there? ;)

You've been busy so you are forgiven. :)

Biocube is upgrading to an IM 40 with the rock flowers.

I'm taking down the 20 and putting up a 10 for the clownfish and zoas/mushrooms. I was really hoping to keep the 20, but I just wont have the room. A 10 will fit on my desk though...

I have MTS...

FLOWERS!!!!!! They make me happy, when skies are grey....Because who wouldn't love a bunch of flowers. Oh, yeah, that's right, you're already addicted. I don't have to tell you that. :P

Special delivery!!

24578208521_0d7906b939.jpg

Teal:

24113403593_25cdc6fb17_n.jpg

Red/Green/White:

24112092214_b000f8ca73_n.jpg

Yellow:

24622454512_b67d9690ce_n.jpg

Pink/White:

24113400393_d5aa265e74_n.jpg

I'l try to get better pics with my "real" camera later this week.

I now have 18 nems!! Can you spot them all??

24444734190_533abc146e_z.jpg

I found 16 I think. I'm enjoying seeing all the love everyone has for these nems. I told Frank you guys are just praising his nems today. While other vendors may be cheaper I personally love picking out each one even if it means it costs more. I don't know about you but I feel so honored, privileged, whatever to be able to keep these. I think they're the oceans jewels and that's why I was crying and in hysterics when I couldn't save them. And why I want to have babies, to give back in a way so they can be raised in captivity and not take them from the ocean anymore.

I found 16 I think. I'm enjoying seeing all the love everyone has for these nems. I told Frank you guys are just praising his nems today. While other vendors may be cheaper I personally love picking out each one even if it means it costs more. I don't know about you but I feel so honored, privileged, whatever to be able to keep these. I think they're the oceans jewels and that's why I was crying and in hysterics when I couldn't save them. And why I want to have babies, to give back in a way so they can be raised in captivity and not take them from the ocean anymore.

They really are awesome creatures! Even the ones that I have that are similar, are still a little different. So many varieties and colors!!

They all look so awesome!!

Thanks! I love them!

Now they just need to start making babies!! :naughtydance:

• 1 month later...

Archived