Coral Vue Hydros

Chris' custom 150

Chris!

Looks nice man! I got a truck we can deliver to jack, when's good for you buddy?

:lol:

That's the spirit!!

I've got a truck too but driving that far for a table doesn't seem as much fun lol

Don't be a party pooper, ####er. Load my table and hit the road!

LMK when you guys get there I will drive up to help you guys unload it. :lol:

Got a couple bottles chill'n.

Burroitos for all!

• Like 2

I'm hilarious on a road trip. :lol:

Yeah but if we fly and just build one it will be faster and more time to hang with the mexican infidels lol

LMK when you guys get there I will drive up to help you guys unload it. :lol:

Unloading the heavy bastard seems like even less fun then driving what could be just a few hr flight lol

That's the spirit!!

Don't be a party pooper, ######. Load my table and hit the road!

Got a couple bottles chill'n.

Burroitos for all!

See Jack will already have his couple bottles gone before we can get there driving.... and thats sayin alot since I'm not afraid to bust out 100 mph on mud tires :lol:

• Like 3
  • 9 months later...

I haven't had the 150 up since we moved into our new house back in Sept....... been busy with alot of different things then decided we will go back to our original idea and just build, almost bought property to start that this year..... Guess it worked out I was slow deciding which lots I wanted to buy because now I am in the process of purchasing a branch of the company I have been working with the last few months which will relocate us about 50 miles from here. Soooooo tomorrow I have an old friend picking the tank up for $100. Wife gave me the ok to have whatever I want built into the new place :D

• Like 4
Christopher Marks

$100! That's a sweet deal for your buddy! Carte blanche for a whole new build too? Nice! Do you think you'll actually literally build something into the new house? I did a 300 gallon built in tank for a chiropractors office lobby about 14 years ago, it was a new construction office so we were able to design a whole room behind it complete with plumbing and a drain, it made life so much easier for their maintenance crew.

On 2/25/2017 at 5:36 PM, Christopher Marks said:

$100! That's a sweet deal for your buddy! Carte blanche for a whole new build too? Nice! Do you think you'll actually literally build something into the new house? I did a 300 gallon built in tank for a chiropractors office lobby about 14 years ago, it was a new construction office so we were able to design a whole room behind it complete with plumbing and a drain, it made life so much easier for their maintenance crew.

Yeah I have no use for it here and the wife didn't like the only location it fits in this house decently, and knowing we will be moving no sense in setting up a basement sump room and all that so it works out good for both everyone lol

Yeah I am thinking either a tank between the livingroom and my office viewable from both rooms or some sort of room divider/ 4 side viewable somewhere. It just has to be well planned out and not oh hey I can throw a tank on this wall kinda thing...... it basically has to be the wall. I've mentioned 8-10' x 3-4' x 2-3' tall and she was just like I don't care it just can't be sticking out taking away from useable room in the livingroom, I want it to be built in or something. :wub: I will do a basement sump so I can have a full fishnerd room down there with frag and qt/ observation tanks and all that good stuff. Shes pretty cool about the hobby though she doesn't like it herself.

• Like 2
Christopher Marks

Sounds like some awesome plans! A floating room divider would be amazing. One thing to consider when designing it is just how far your arms can reach into the tank from where you'll be able to access it. I had to use a ladder to literally climb into that 300 gallon tank when placing the live rock, not ideal!

1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Sounds like some awesome plans! A floating room divider would be amazing. One thing to consider when designing it is just how far your arms can reach into the tank from where you'll be able to access it. I had to use a ladder to literally climb into that 300 gallon tank when placing the live rock, not ideal!

Yeah I know it can be a PITA which is why I will have access from both sides lengthwise at the least. I had a 180 inwall and wished it would have been wider for better access as weird as that might sound, but it was only accessible on one side. It doesn't really bother me to have to get out the 3' wide aluminum step I have to work inside the tank if needed, I've always done taller stands, even with my 150 I had to stand on something to work inside. If I do my office on the other side I will build the desk in as well to double as a full length work bench lol I'm 6'5 so long arms work to reach inside once I'm on something atleast :) From the front I could reach the back of this 150 (30" front to back) so 4' with access from both sides shouldn't be a problem.

I'm more worried about the flow and how to hide all the closed loops/ flow lol

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Well I got tired of not having much of a tank and the place that makes the reef crest drop off tanks took their sweet ass time getting any kind of info on having them make a custom tank for me, so one day I was at a LFS and they had a 150xh (48x24x30) in stock so I bought it ? I've got to remember how to transfer pics and get them brought over to here but I built a stand, and canopy for it and everything is all set up and rolling finally.

• Wow 1

Right now I've got a few mollies, a starry blenny, a powder blue tang, and a hand full of blue leg hermits, snails and a conch in the tank along with some lps that's somehow made it from my original 150.

• Like 2

Whoa!  This is exciting!  That tank is a beast!  That's an impressive re-entrance to NR!  :D  I love the look of it and the canopy and stand look really nice with the floors and wall color.  Also, wonderful choice with the powder blue tang!  Those are one of my favorites.  He looks super healthy.  What else are you planning to stock in this tank?

7 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Whoa that's a beast of a tank!!!

giphy.gif 

What are your plans for coral? A tank that tall needs a live rock pillar or something!

Thanks Chris. It will be a mixed reef, likely leaning more sps dominated. I've always been a sps junkie, but I'm gone a lot so may not be as heavy that way as I'd like lol

7 hours ago, Felicia said:

Whoa!  This is exciting!  That tank is a beast!  That's an impressive re-entrance to NR!  :D  I love the look of it and the canopy and stand look really nice with the floors and wall color.  Also, wonderful choice with the powder blue tang!  Those are one of my favorites.  He looks super healthy.  What else are you planning to stock in this tank?

Thanks Felicia. Yeah the inside out the house is all more of a rustic/country feel but wife didn't want stained woods at all so pulled it together with the gray (which goes with the entertainment stand I built and kitchen table set that I refinished).

Yeah I was going to hold off and try to get an Achilles but I saw him and how healthy he looked so I just snagged him. My biggest plan is just mostly small active fish. I plan to have a few leopards, fairy/flasher wrasses, and some anthias.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Sk8n Reefer said:

Tanks gonna look good there filled up with sps ?

Yeah I might have intentionally went with a low scape in such a tall tank for a reason ?

Added a pair of orange skunk clownfish today. I wanted something a little different and I see all the "designers" a bit more often so I think this simple pair fit the bill for my plans ?

• Like 3
Just now, jack1978 said:

LOL..........

NO.

:haha:

Lol kinda figured that, I mean its only been about a year and a half ?

1 hour ago, Chris! said:

Lol kinda figured that, I mean its only been about a year and a half ?

In my own defense, the framing is done and painted, the roofing is up, the fireplace is plumbed and operational.....I just need to plaster and rock the cinder block......and run some electrical.

2018 has a good ring to it ;)

• Haha 1
On 8/24/2017 at 1:31 AM, jack1978 said:

In my own defense, the framing is done and painted, the roofing is up, the fireplace is plumbed and operational.....I just need to plaster and rock the cinder block......and run some electrical.

2018 has a good ring to it ;)

I call Sept. 2019 lol Did you get the fabric for the roof or just the wood in place?

• 3 months later...

Well the powder blue didn't make it. Was doing great then woke up and it was dead one morning..... So now I have 5 disparate anthias, 3 purple queen anthias, a royal flasher wrasse, a dot dash flasher wrasse, 2 orange skunk clowns, stary night blenny, and a juvi imperator angel. 

The tanks full of algae from feeding 6 cubes of frozen a day for the last 3 weeks getting the purple queens eating frozen. They were only eating live food in the lfs but are doing great now. Hoping to get them onto flake/pellets in the next month or two. So no pictures but I've been crazy busy too which doesn't help. Wife wants to redo the kitchen and have me build all the cabinets and do concrete countertops so I might have pics about the time Jack finishes his pergola ?

• Haha 1