inTank Media Baskets

Wretched's JBJ 45RL

Wretched

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I went to the LFS; updated the CUC, bought a new Blue+ bulb(going to try B+,B+,Actinic,C+,B+,B+. In addition, I also put a large bag of carbon(8oz) and gfo(6oz). My lightschedule is 11am-5pm w/ daylights only on for 3 hours. I plan to run this schedule for about a week.. My CUC is already in action!

CUC:

3 Tiger Sand Conch

5 Mexican Turbos

10 Reef snails

Nice! My cuc arrived today, wish I would have went with less like you, or something completely different. My pistol and peppermint is trying to kill everything....

Ok so I got my shipment in from Zia, and FedEx completely goofed off. I can tell things were packaged nicely, in individual baggies and nice and firm in the box... Unfortunately 5 frags look pretty bad; 3 Zoas, Gorgonian and an Acro. They're losing the battle but I am going to acclimate and attempt to revive them. Here's how my box arrived...

20150716_092840_zpslmnbxune.jpg

HarryPotter

Ok so I got my shipment in from Zia, and FedEx completely goofed off. I can tell things were packaged nicely, in individual baggies and nice and firm in the box... Unfortunately 5 frags look pretty bad; 3 Zoas, Gorgonian and an Acro. They're losing the battle but I am going to acclimate and attempt to revive them. Here's how my box arrived...

Oh my god thats the worst delivery I've ever seen... That SUCKS. Hope everything recovers- did you send a picture to Zia?

I liked your post but just because you got your corals,not cause of the box. Ohhhh an acro you say? Hmmmmm :P

Oh my god thats the worst delivery I've ever seen... That SUCKS. Hope everything recovers- did you send a picture to Zia?

I liked your post but just because you got your corals,not cause of the box. Ohhhh an acro you say? Hmmmmm :P

Yes, pictured it with the FedEx guy right at my door haha. He also had pictures for their sake. The acro is a goner already, had no water. A brown stick :0

HarryPotter

An Acro? Wretched? What the f*** is the world coming to? :lol:

Gorgonians look pretty sweet- do they have any special requirements?

So I got these GSP for my back wall... but they're like a tube, not growing sheet-like on a rock. How do I mount them?

HarryPotter

So I got these GSP for my back wall... but they're like a tube, not growing sheet-like on a rock. How do I mount them?

Just put glue on a small spot and attach it. They grow so fast that if the tiny spot under the glue dies it doesn't matter in the long run

An Acro? Wretched? What the f*** is the world coming to? :lol:

Gorgonians look pretty sweet- do they have any special requirements?

High flow and target feeding

Super glue gel and hold the tube to the back wall with the pumps off

Just put glue on a small spot and attach it. They grow so fast that if the tiny spot under the glue dies it doesn't matter in the long run

Sweet, thanks bros. And yea, the acro was part of the freebie... Didn't know it was coming, but he's the first goner. I have them acclimating currently, hopefully I can keep the last 4 alive.

HarryPotter

High flow and target feeding

Would I get beaten with MetroKat's stick if I mentioned possibly wanting a Gorgonian? The purple ones in that predator tank here on NR are insane!

That sucks man, sorry to see your stuff arrived in such bad shape. Thats how the box for my aquarium stand looked when it arrived....

Nanofreak79

I love my conch snails! Great cleaners IMO. Bulb choice should look great. I believei had same combo when I had my 6 bulb.

Also, the GSP is about 5" tube, can I just cut it in the center? I now want one on my backwall of 10g and my 45 :o

Would I get beaten with MetroKat's stick if I mentioned possibly wanting a Gorgonian? The purple ones in that predator tank here on NR are insane!

It's an easy coral with proper care, great addition IMO. I'm hoping mine makes it.

That sucks man, sorry to see your stuff arrived in such bad shape. Thats how the box for my aquarium stand looked when it arrived....

Yes it does suck, but things are being handle and no worries... Zia is giving me great support. I'll try acclimating and see where it goes from there.

I love my conch snails! Great cleaners IMO. Bulb choice should look great. I believei had same combo when I had my 6 bulb.

I haven't had them long enough to tell a difference, but they look extremely cool when they pull themselves across the sand.

HarryPotter

Also, the GSP is about 5" tube, can I just cut it in the center? I now want one on my backwall of 10g and my 45 :o

I belive so! Some people have trouble killing it- Im pretty sure it can take a fragging!!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+601+606&pcatid=606

I think kat may just be addicted to whuppin your butt now lol

Nanofreak79 how the heck are ya man?

Could be!

It's an easy coral with proper care, great addition IMO. I'm hoping mine makes it.

Yes it does suck, but things are being handle and no worries... Zia is giving me great support. I'll try acclimating and see where it goes from there.

I haven't had them long enough to tell a difference, but they look extremely cool when they pull themselves across the sand.

Hmm sweet. Hey maybe you'll get some extra "Leftover" goodies from Zia! That would be sweet

Sweet, thanks bros. And yea, the acro was part of the freebie... Didn't know it was coming, but he's the first goner. I have them acclimating currently, hopefully I can keep the last 4 alive.

Haha you really do kill acros,fast lol just messing man I know it was the shipping

Haha you really do kill acros,fast lol just messing man I know it was the shipping

Ha! Yea... Even if it survived, it would've died in my 10g due to the light being 9 watts. I'm going to buy another AI Prime, I shouldn't have sold them both... erghhh, but hey it's just money right xD

Ha! Yea... Even if it survived, it would've died in my 10g due to the light being 9 watts. I'm going to buy another AI Prime, I shouldn't have sold them both... erghhh, but hey it's just money right xD

A wise man once said,"it's just money we'll make more tomorrow"

A wise man once said,"it's just money we'll make more tomorrow"

What's money if you can't have fun with it?! Lost too many friends back in the Stan, to not have fun with my money... On a happy note!!!

My sand is looking much cleaner, about 40% cleaner from yesterday. My lights just came on due to my reduced photo period. Adding that extra blue plus made my tank look CRISP, unfortunately with my camera now... the blues are just an eye sore. RIP nice photos.

What's money if you can't have fun with it?! Lost too many friends back in the Stan, to not have fun with my money... On a happy note!!!

My sand is looking much cleaner, about 40% cleaner from yesterday. My lights just came on due to my reduced photo period. Adding that extra blue plus made my tank look CRISP, unfortunately with my camera now... the blues are just an eye sore. RIP nice photos.

Buddy, I hope everyday is happy for you. That's all you deserve man,thank you again :)

Buddy, I hope everyday is happy for you. That's all you deserve man,thank you again :)

Thanks bro, check this ish out!

So here's the tank with 4 Blue+, Actinic, Coral +. It's very blue... There's no exposure editing on this picture so it's not as blue as the photo, but damn blue. Not sure how I like it yet...

HUGE HUGE HUGE Update: Coral and rock from the 10g will be going inside this tank tonight. Down below where the candy cane coral is, he'll move to the center of the tank and the rock will be there to take it's place!

20150716_142704_zpseylc7ezo.jpg

Oh! and if you look at the sandbed... and algae growth it's almost nearly gone. Tip: Keep up with your clean up crew :)

Archived