inTank Media Baskets

Wretched's JBJ 45RL

Wretched

HarryPotter

Try the air valves, I got like 100 of them for 5$ on amazon. It makes the skimmer SO much easier to tune. Chromis are awesome, I love them. They school, and are so peaceful, not to mention add a great bluish/yellow under LED.

That pack you just linked is amazing! I don't think I have enough room for all that though. Definitely one, but damn... I'm tempted.

I'll 100% hook up an air valve tonight!

Yeah the pack is pretty awesome.. I'd get it in a heartbeat if I didn't get that traffic ticket :(

Considering 3-4 chromis- they're pretty cheap and look awesome. Especially if they're as easy/friendly as you say!

Wonder if my clowns will pick on them though

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah I got you man, want me to send something your way?

Whatchu got brothaman

I'll 100% hook up an air valve tonight!

Yeah the pack is pretty awesome.. I'd get it in a heartbeat if I didn't get that traffic ticket :(

Considering 3-4 chromis- they're pretty cheap and look awesome. Especially if they're as easy/friendly as you say!

Wonder if my clowns will pick on them though

Always get odd numbers with chromis, i'd recommend atleast 5. Just incase there is aggression it's spread out. Get them at the same time as well. I went to petco when they were having the saltwater sale, 1.99 a pop. That's also when I rescued the tang. I think your clowns will leave them alone, all my fish get along I have 0 aggression in the tank.

Whatchu got brothaman

Always get odd numbers with chromis, i'd recommend atleast 5. Just incase there is aggression it's spread out. Get them at the same time as well. I went to petco when they were having the saltwater sale, 1.99 a pop. That's also when I rescued the tang. I think your clowns will leave them alone, all my fish get along I have 0 aggression in the tank.

I dunno lol just skim through my thread if I'm willing I'll let it go.

I dunno lol just skim through my thread if I'm willing I'll let it go.

Lol oh, I thought you meant you had some interesting reads, or pictures or something to look at lol!

I'm cleaning my power heads in vinegar today, have the rw4 in there now. Will let it run over night then tomorrow ill do the mp10!

Lol oh, I thought you meant you had some interesting reads, or pictures or something to look at lol!

I'm cleaning my power heads in vinegar today, have the rw4 in there now. Will let it run over night then tomorrow ill do the mp10!

I got a newer mp10 this week haven't even set it up yet lol. I do actually have a thread started for the chameleon now though with videos!

I got a newer mp10 this week haven't even set it up yet lol. I do actually have a thread started for the chameleon now though with videos!

Link up, i'll follow.

Ok so, a little skimmer tip for those who are having issues with the cadlights PLS 50 Elite... I had a couple people PM me because they saw the problems I was having and eventually fixed the skimmer....The skimmer is sooooo finnicky and just hard to fine tune with turning the whole cylinder. Here was my fix, my skimmer has been going strong for weeks now and skimmer thick, dark skim.

***CUT OFF THE AIR CYLINDER and REPLACE WITH AN ADJUSTABLE AIRLINE TUBING VALVE.****

It makes the skimmer sooooo much easier to tune and adjust. I don't know why they wouldn't put an adjustable valve on it in the first place. I don't know the science or engineering behind it but from my experience it's 1000x better.

20150802_102027_zpseyxqcll3.jpg

Don't mind the UV in the pics, it's my early morning lights that just came on. Blue+ / Actinic.

Nanofreak79

I'm still here! Zoa island is dope. I haven't had any traffic in my threads either. There's kinda a clicky type vibe, IMO, but whatever : )

Nanofreak79

Ok so, a little skimmer tip for those who are having issues with the cadlights PLS 50 Elite... I had a couple people PM me because they saw the problems I was having and eventually fixed the skimmer....The skimmer is sooooo finnicky and just hard to fine tune with turning the whole cylinder. Here was my fix, my skimmer has been going strong for weeks now and skimmer thick, dark skim.

***CUT OFF THE AIR CYLINDER and REPLACE WITH AN ADJUSTABLE AIRLINE TUBING VALVE.****

It makes the skimmer sooooo much easier to tune and adjust. I don't know why they wouldn't put an adjustable valve on it in the first place. I don't know the science or engineering behind it but from my experience it's 1000x better.

20150802_102027_zpseyxqcll3.jpg

Don't mind the UV in the pics, it's my early morning lights that just came on. Blue+ / Actinic.

I had the original one and hated it. Overflow or no skim, it was a constant PITA! I just got the fishreet S150 nano, basically a knock off of the cad skimmer. So far I'm pretty impressed. Has zero micro bubbles and is all ready breaking in pretty well. I got it free for doing testing and videos on there equipment.

Ok, I forgot, great idea on the valve!

I had the original one and hated it. Overflow or no skim, it was a constant PITA! I just got the fishreet S150 nano, basically a knock off of the cad skimmer. So far I'm pretty impressed. Has zero micro bubbles and is all ready breaking in pretty well. I got it free for doing testing and videos on there equipment.

Ok, I forgot, great idea on the valve!

Never even heard of that skimmer! I wasn't impressed either, but with a little thought... I mean most skimmers do have a way to control airflow and I thought... Why doesn't this?

i'll check out that skimmer!

I think it's a good thing though, I like to keep it fish related for the most part. Instead of a rant sesh.

HarryPotter

Never even heard of that skimmer! I wasn't impressed either, but with a little thought... I mean most skimmers do have a way to control airflow and I thought... Why doesn't this?

i'll check out that skimmer!

I think it's a good thing though, I like to keep it fish related for the most part. Instead of a rant sesh.

I added an air valve- set it to where I think I'll like (it's VERY easily adjusted now!) and hopefully I can finally get some dark skimate!

I added an air valve- set it to where I think I'll like (it's VERY easily adjusted now!) and hopefully I can finally get some dark skimate!

Hell yea dude, just let it run. eventually it'll build up some nice skim. Remember i'd have issues after cleaning the neck or feeding it'd take 2-3 days to pick skim back up? After adding the air valve, it takes no longer than 30-1h. Not sure if the valve is the culprit... but I get some nice skim now. No more adjusting, and if I do adjust its a simple quarter turn or less.

HarryPotter

Since you are our resident Euphyllia expert, I was wondering if you could share your personal experience regarding which Euphyllia can touch without fighting. Im trying to see from your photos but can't tell.

Frogspawn and Hammer? Hammer and Torch? Octospawn and Frogspawn?

Nanofreak79

This skimmer I got is a knock off of the pls cad skimmer. I notice it's much easier to set and keep it where it is. The cad skimmer I had to constantly fittle with. This week should show me what kind of skimate it'll pull, right now for break in I got mostly tea colored but the neck and cap had plenty of dark brown. Anyway, $60 for a nice nano skimmer is a deal.

HarryPotter

This skimmer I got is a knock off of the pls cad skimmer. I notice it's much easier to set and keep it where it is. The cad skimmer I had to constantly fittle with. This week should show me what kind of skimate it'll pull, right now for break in I got mostly tea colored but the neck and cap had plenty of dark brown. Anyway, $60 for a nice nano skimmer is a deal.

Keep us updated- I saw this one on Fish Street but was weary of the lack of reviews

Nanofreak79

Since you are our resident Euphyllia expert, I was wondering if you could share your personal experience regarding which Euphyllia can touch without fighting. Im trying to see from your photos but can't tell.

Frogspawn and Hammer? Hammer and Torch? Octospawn and Frogspawn?

I'll add my two cents, I have a euphyllia garden with four hammers, one frog spawn and two torches, they all get along.

Keep us updated- I saw this one on Fish Street but was weary of the lack of reviews

mm

Yeah, I do some of there reviews and let them know what sucks. It really has blown me away so far. My next video will be the end of this week!

HarryPotter

I'll add my two cents, I have a euphyllia garden with four hammers, one frog spawn and two torches, they all get along.

mm

Yeah, I do some of there reviews and let them know what sucks. It really has blown me away so far. My next video will be the end of this week!

Touching? Pictures?

HarryPotter

Here ha go, as you know torches have some pretty long sweepers to. There's a small baby purple hammer you can't really see too.

19623651443_dc4287d4f4.jpg by -Nanofreak79-

I just snapped this quick pic quality low

So you've seen them touch with no ill effects?

Thats gorgeous btw :wub:

Nanofreak79

Thanks, and yes during the day as the lights are on they open up and the torches have touched the others. I'm more worried about things within 4-6" from the torches sweepers. So far so good; )

In my experience, all my hammers and frogs get along... the torch on the other hand wins battles over my hammers/frogs. I've actually witness my torch destroying a head on my frogspawn years back. No bueno. So some species work, some dont.

Nice mod on the skimmer sir,I feel like I may be the only person that got one that didn't need to mess with mine lol

Yep, I've had two folks PM me about this skimmer who currently own it. I've recommended them to try to mod, if all else fails they can just put the cylinder back on

My tank is really dirty, but here's a FTS :D

IMG_20150803_163127_zpshghb1vjo.jpg

notice the skimmer kicking ass?

Yep, I've had two folks PM me about this skimmer who currently own it. I've recommended them to try to mod, if all else fails they can just put the cylinder back onMy tank is really dirty, but here's a FTS :D

IMG_20150803_163127_zpshghb1vjo.jpg

notice the skimmer kicking ass?

I do man! Excellent work love the tank as always

Archived