SaltCritters.com

Wretched's JBJ 45RL

Wretched

That looks awesome man really awesome,I like it alot the rock plans sound awsome also!

How are the new additions holding up?

Also,wait till you see what lawnbro sent me tomorrow :D

There wasn't a good enough smiley face to express the excitement.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks awesome man really awesome,I like it alot the rock plans sound awsome also!

How are the new additions holding up?

Also,wait till you see what lawnbro sent me tomorrow :D

There wasn't a good enough smiley face to express the excitement.

Damn, i'm excited to see! They aren't doing too good. The Pink and golds are about the only thing that's opened. He sent me what looked like was a small hammer, but their flesh is non existent :\ I'm going to give it a couple days to adjust... Eddie said he'd be willing to work with me, I got shit on by FedEx

Cool plan! And do I spy skimate? :o

Yea dude, skimmer has been performing well for the last week!

Yea you did bro. I love my torch.

Let's just say after lawns box gets here I'll be an anemone hoarder in training,and proudly every nem I own is a certified lawntip anemone.

Yea you did bro. I love my torch.

Let's just say after lawns box gets here I'll be an anemone hoarder in training,and proudly every nem I own is a certified lawntip anemone.

Oh snap, is it the rainbow one?

Damn, mystery :P

So I just finished moving one big rock into the corner of the tank with a shit ton of frags... It looks awkward as F but I don't pay any attention to the 10g like I do my main display.... so it'll stay there. Looks retarded IMO with all the frags but hey when you spend 300+ on coral, i'd rather them be alive then die..

The only spot I really had for it. Everything is closed as I just turned the lights on to get a quick picture... But here lies the rock and its 20+ frags. Hopefully they recover from FedEx's doing in my main display as I know they'll get the best treatment here. Once they grow out, all I know is that rocks going to be a colorful one.

20150716_195647_zps1kvjklpj.jpg

Damn, mystery :P

So I just finished moving one big rock into the corner of the tank with a shit ton of frags... It looks awkward as F but I don't pay any attention to the 10g like I do my main display.... so it'll stay there. Looks retarded IMO with all the frags but hey when you spend 300+ on coral, i'd rather them be alive then die..

Good work bro. Alive over dead always good in corals lol.

I have a rainbow from lawnbro and a speckled green that split,he said he just grabbed two and three them in lol. I know he sent some Rastas,Hawaiian zoas,candy apple reds and some others :) even gave me some high capacity gfo to run in the beast

The only spot I really had for it. Everything is closed as I just turned the lights on to get a quick picture... But here lies the rock and its 20+ frags. Hopefully they recover from FedEx's doing in my main display as I know they'll get the best treatment here. Once they grow out, all I know is that rocks going to be a colorful one.

20150716_195647_zps1kvjklpj.jpg

Friggin awesome bro

Good work bro. Alive over dead always good in corals lol.

I have a rainbow from lawnbro and a speckled green that split,he said he just grabbed two and three them in lol. I know he sent some Rastas,Hawaiian zoas,candy apple reds and some others :) even gave me some high capacity gfo to run in the beast

Friggin awesome bro

Damn you have some fire coming. CARs are super sweet, and rastas... Top 3 Zoas of mine... I hope to see my frags opened tomorrow when I get home from fishing! *cross fingers*. I just hate the look of frags lol, I got all these colonies and now just... frags.

I'm going to break my F'n skimmers neck...literally. Came home to it overflowing into tank again... Dirty neck = water level rises. The slightest amount of gunk build up and it overflows. About 1/4 of skimmate back into tank. Good grief. I've about had it with this dirt

On another note....

2015-07-17_16.26.29_zpsjmzbzy2e.jpg

2015-07-17_16.42.31_zpslptelpg6.jpg

Still waiting on most the stuff from Zia to open, only a couple opened... the Zoas that are opened are the shipment from SaltCritters. Most of the Zoas got smashed, gorgonian broken into about 5 pieces, Acro DOA, and no flesh on the hammer. Yikes.

Damn nice order from SaltCritters! Those Zoas have a TON of polyps

Yea that 50$/5 frags was a steal. I'm very happy with it. If these Zia Zoa's bounce back, they'll trump the current zoas. So much color I had bought... but not much is doing well lol.

HarryPotter

So I heard Zia is sending out another care package to you since your purchase didn't go great?

I bet its going to be freaking awesome.... .all the sexy leftovers!~

So I heard Zia is sending out another care package to you since your purchase didn't go great?

I bet its going to be freaking awesome.... .all the sexy leftovers!~

Cant wait to see the new pics!

New pics will be arriving later today. Just acclimated new frags and they're in the tank :P Lights had just came on stay tuned!

Ok so, as of 23 July 2015...

As you guys know, FedEx destroyed the box of goodies that Eddie (Zia) had sent me; in which, I had lost 6 frags. I lost 3 zoas (unsure of type due to extreme smashing), some rainbow cloves again to smashing, a hammer and an Acro... No where did I think it was Eddie's fault or doing, I fully trusted him and he trusted me to report what didn't make it just from talking. No where did we run into any problems, all it took was patience and communication and once he was done getting all the folks coral out, he sent me another box full of goodies which arrived today in perfect shape. I am extremely happy with what DID make it the first go about and I honestly didn't expect anything back... BUT, Eddie again went above and beyond for us here at NR and sent me 8 frags today! I couldn't have asked to be anymore professional than that! So, THANK YOU Eddie... I appreciate the business with you and if and when you come back.... I'll be glad to supply you with some candy...

First pickup-

20150723_100202_zpsjxcmvxh3.jpg

My little buddy ready to help open some candy bags-

20150723_100745_zps0lyfle7j.jpg

Harley's in action opening a bag! Haha

20150723_100954_zpsqqqnvug8.jpg

As far as the tank goes...!

So after adding a huge amount of Carbon, and GFO(about 40% more than I normally do) to get rid of my diatoms and algae outbreak.... I am 100% diatom free, and everything is squeaky clean... But perfection doesn't come without an opportunity cost... It seems that I stripped my water fast and i'm losing my 70+ head candy cane colony and my 5x5" birdsnest! I'm pretty sad about the candy cane to be honest... he was my FIRST coral I ever purchased about 5 years ago. He started from 4 heads and has been fragged probably about 50 heads over the years. I don't expect either piece to make it but it's ok, life goes on...

I'll have pictures of the frags and tank when the lights come on. I'll be doing a water change tonight woot woot!

Ok so, I completely lost my birdsnest now. Upping the GFO and carbon too quick was a bad idea. The Xenia are extremely unhappy as well, and look like rubbish. My tank hates to be too clean, I swear. So tonight i'll take my birdnest colony out and toss it. On the other hand, the algae is 100% non existent. Here's some pictures.

I did a 15 gallon water change last night to finish off operation algae-b-gone. It's now back to regular water changes, light schedules and amounts of media. All over the course of a few weeks or so of course.

Dead birdnest

IMG_20150724_144856_zpsk9w5x1zt.jpg

2015-07-24_14.53.50_zpsyyiwain6.jpg

HarryPotter

Sucks about the Birdsnest, but boy does your tank look amazing.

Love the Euphyllia, and how the heck do you keepThe Zoa plugs so WHITE!

Sucks about the Birdsnest, but boy does your tank look amazing.

Love the Euphyllia, and how the heck do you keepThe Zoa plugs so WHITE!

Sad to see it go, was a nice piece. But once I remove it, i'll add another euphyllia(orange) up there most likely :P Thanks brother, yours is great as well! coming together nicely. The plugs are so white because those are the frags from Zia lol, they're brand new. I haven't had plugs in my tank in a very very very long time. Once they grow over, that rock is going to look sweet.

Archived