Innovative Marine Aquariums

ML's 40 Fusion! Upgrade Enroute

ml86743

I look at that picture full size along with some others from your photo stream. I can't see any pests or bite marks, and the skin looks fairly plump, not near death, so I would say water quality issue, probably over, so now you have to wait it out. Just a guess though. :)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look at that picture full size along with some others from your photo stream. I can't see any pests or bite marks, and the skin looks fairly plump, not near death, so I would say water quality issue, probably over, so now you have to wait it out. Just a guess though. :)

Well that's good news! That was my plan originally...just keep up with the weekly cleaning and stuff and wait it out. My MG is 1500+ right now which is actually what it has been since I've started stocking the tank..never goes any lower than 1480ish...I even tested the salt I use with the fresh change water and that was around 1400. The only thing I dose is two part...which I think has some MG included..but not enough to bump that umber that high.

Heres some more pictures of nice stuffs:)

Cool shot of the digi:)

18359695512_1ccd9c0e64_o.jpgIMG_1428 by Ty D, on Flickr

BOP!

18363747775_39ddec7668_o.jpgIMG_1426 by Ty D, on Flickr

ZoAZZZZZ

18176013440_c2b42c450a_o.jpgIMG_1423 by Ty D, on Flickr

I need a place for these guys...cuzzz there just hanging on the sand. Def in my fav 5

18176014140_ed7e590992_o.jpgIMG_1422 by Ty D, on Flickr

Shout out to markalot for putting up with my shhhhhheeettt:)

Here's two pictures from the stuff I got from WWC.

17846954463_b13ff0a058_o.jpgIMG_1454 by Ty D, on Flickr

18279905900_d3bc8d2535_o.jpgIMG_1453 by Ty D, on Flickr

UPDATE:

Well, I still don't really know why I've been having trouble keeping Acros...The new frogskin I recently purchased I believe has STN?RTN whatever it is..turning white from the base up. I've tested and tested and tested some more I can't find any rhyme or reason for losing all but one acro. The stylophora, montiporas, and birdsnest are still alive and growing. I took out the stag, milli, and borealis and gave them to a neighbor who can hopefully get them well and thriving for himself. I'm going to wait and see what the frogskin does but I think its on it's last leg. In conclusion...I will not be purchasing any more SPS for this tank...I have no room for anything else anyways...so from now on its live and let grow haha. It's all very discouraging..this was my first tank where I have followed all the rules to the T and my corals showed for my efforts..SO now its time to sit back, relax and let the tank do its thang. I did add a small bag of GFO to the media basket...Im sick of looking at algae on my sand so hopefully that'll help out.

Until next time my friends.

REEF ON! :lol:

IMG_1428 by Ty D, on Flickr

BOP!

18363747775_39ddec7668_o.jpg

What is this coral? Its absolutely beautiful.

I was going to ask the same thing. That blue is nice.

Thanks! That's a Bird of Paradise! That seems to be my most thriving SPS! The polyps are so thick in the day time you can barley see the skin underneath...Just like a purple ball of fluff haha. It's a really neat piece, and for me at least, very forgiving. ORA has some good stuff!

oldskoolwayz

Thanks! That's a Bird of Paradise! That seems to be my most thriving SPS! The polyps are so thick in the day time you can barley see the skin underneath...Just like a purple ball of fluff haha. It's a really neat piece, and for me at least, very forgiving. ORA has some good stuff!

you aint kidding! mine is growing nicely too..nice and fluffy :D lol

nice pics!!!

you aint kidding! mine is growing nicely too..nice and fluffy :D lol

nice pics!!!

That's interesting...Are they notorious for quick growth?? Thanks for the comment too!! I love taking pictures of my tank.

Sick tank! Will follow

Thanks! Glad to hear it!!

Quick before work FTS

18472005716_d8e1fea9c2_o.jpgIMG_1457 by Ty D, on Flickr

Next photoshoot I'm going to shoot the whole thing in the RAW setting on my camera. I've been reading up and its supposed to produce some high quality images...

So finally some good SPS news. The spongodes I bought a couple weeks back is finally showing signs of that true green skin underneath the wood brown polyps...That's good shit right thur haha.

Also, today the tank seemed happy! For me at least, I always get a feeling when there is something behind the scenes going wrong in the tank..I can just tell. I'm sure everyone else here knows what I mean...but today the 40 seemed happy:) If any of that makes sense haha.....

The tank is filling in nicely I have a feeling about 6 months from now you may have people voting totm for ya.

The tank is filling in nicely I have a feeling about 6 months from now you may have people voting totm for ya.

Thanks that really means a lot! That's defiantly a goal of mine and has been for awhile.

Hmmm... I noticed a small grey patch of my encrustung chili pepper monti last night...doesn't look like bleaching or anything its stringy in appearence...the patch got smaller this morning. I assume it's from the recent addition of GFO. It was a donor dose but maybe it's enough to piss it off...any input would be greatly appreciated...I'd post a picture but I'm at work and posting from my cell. Almost looks like it is shedding...still a deep green with good PE. Where's markalot lol..m

Yea a picture would help and Mark would probably be your best bet most likely if PE and color is fine it make just be releasing some of its slime from addition of new GFO but probably nothing to worry about.

Yea a picture would help and Mark would probably be your best bet most likely if PE and color is fine it make just be releasing some of its slime from addition

of new GFO but probably nothing to worry about.

That's what I'm thinking...and hoping. One of my favorite pieces :) My first successful SPS haha.

Alright so I'm driving down to Jacksonville Florida with my buddy to sign our lease...and I just found out reeapoloza is right in the meadow lands...who's goin..cause this guy just bought a couple tickets.

17791149635_c0bb5d4d5c_b.jpgIMG_1064 by Ty D, on Flickr

17603649340_3b45fc3b04_b.jpgIMG_1061 by Ty D, on Flickr

17603650010_e81def8751_b.jpgIMG_1053 by Ty D, on Flickr

17791634941_7dfc84959a_b.jpgIMG_0972 by Ty D, on Flickr

17791636101_1d2412ec7e_b.jpgIMG_0969 by Ty D, on Flickr

17788460752_e9fd5ca94e_b.jpgIMG_0965 by Ty D, on Flickr

17791637871_75f89b7141_b.jpgIMG_0963 by Ty D, on Flickr

17764907216_fd2a3cc694_b.jpgIMG_0962 by Ty D, on Flickr

17604940359_6a81dcbab7_b.jpgIMG_0960 by Ty D, on Flickr

17603394388_20e4cf048e_b.jpgIMG_0959 by Ty D, on Flickr

PHOTODUMP

SO I think the Zoas are feeling the effects of the salinity issue a had a couple days ago...They have been acting up and staying closed:/

My female clown was a little off today too...Acting quite sluggish..

Other than that things are going well.

I missed these! I think everything looks great! That photo of your clown is gorgeous!

Alright so I'm driving down to Jacksonville Florida with my buddy to sign our lease...and I just found out reeapoloza is right in the meadow lands...who's goin..cause this guy just bought a couple tickets.

I was thinking about it!

Jeez I have been so busy with work and getting things all set to head down to school. Im actually going down to Jacksonville to sign a lease with my two friends down there next week! I'm going to try and get up early tmr and get some pictures up before work...But I tend to sleep until the last minute possible...Just did my WC today cleaned the equipment, sucked out the back chambers and siphoned sand...I can't seem to kick these damn algae blooms on my sand bed..

I do need to grab some more chemipure ..but IDK...I feed a lot... lol.

Woah! Are you moving to Florida? Will you move the tank with you?

Woah! Are you moving to Florida? Will you move the tank with you?

I'm not moving today just picking out the living arangements for the fall smester. Thanks for the comment about the pictures! My parents will be taking care of the tank...and just my luck...the ATO's float switch was tripped by something in the back chamber...probably the baby trochus snails and here we go again with another salinity swing...down to 1.021 this time...I give up lol...my mom's mixing a bucket of new water at the proper salinity and is going to bring it back up..

this fish tank is like having a child...

wish me luck.

I'm not moving today just picking out the living arangements for the fall smester. Thanks for the comment about the pictures! My parents will be taking care of the tank...and just my luck...the ATO's float switch was tripped by something in the back chamber...probably the baby trochus snails and here we go again with another salinity swing...down to 1.021 this time...I give up lol...my mom's mixing a bucket of new water at the proper salinity and is going to bring it back up..

this fish tank is like having a child...

wish me luck.

ha! Oh boy. I'm wishing you LOTS of luck and that is awesome about your parents taking care of the tank. It's a beautiful tank and I would've been sad if you said you had to break it down!

Email these photos. Need to share :)

which ones Dave!

ha! Oh boy. I'm wishing you LOTS of luck and that is awesome about your parents taking care of the tank. It's a beautiful tank and I would've been sad if you said you had to break it down!

Yeah I'm real lucky they love it just as much as I do...my poor mother was calling and texting me all day just trying to make sure everything was where it should be

..I asked my step dad if he could get some sort of fine mesh to cover the float switch in so the damn snails would stop getting lodged in there...luckily my mom was able to stabilize everything today :) bless that woman

Archived