inTank Media Baskets

ML's 40 Fusion! Upgrade Enroute

ml86743

CHECK THIS STUFF OUT! So this was growing on my glass last night...so I PM'ed the genius who is Amphipod and we discussed some sort of weird colonial organism I believe? Im still not 100% sure what it is..but it was really cool to watch! So this tree/algae looking thing literally would move on my glass! I couldn't believe it! Within it's structure I could see little cell-like blobs moving up and down the strands! It was so cool! It responded to light as well...of course though this morning it vanished ! Crazyyyyy stuff..Thanks again Amphipod!

17219003661_fa3e0cc01e_o.jpgIMG_0437 by tduplaga12, on Flickr

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say...The Linckia adds so much to a reef tank. Probably one of my favorite investments...Just gives it the "ocean feel" If yall are willing to provide it with proper acclimation and husbandry Id say its a must...Really fascinating creature to observe.

OH, the aforementioned crazy alien growth was back in full force tonight! Crazy stuff...

nice looking star!

I have a blue one and it only comes out a night :tears: lol

Yeah mine just lounges during the day...But he's all over at night! Do you have a picture of yours? Id love to see!

I have to say...The Linckia adds so much to a reef tank. Probably one of my favorite investments...Just gives it the "ocean feel" If yall are willing to provide it with proper acclimation and husbandry Id say its a must...Really fascinating creature to observe.

OH, the aforementioned crazy alien growth was back in full force tonight! Crazy stuff...

slimy probably comes out every night to forage lol he's a pretty mobile slime mold.

slimy probably comes out every night to forage lol he's a pretty mobile slime mold.

yeah its actually really cool! I'm glad he's part of my system :) I wish there was more info about those guys.

yeah its actually really cool! I'm glad he's part of my system :) I wish there was more info about those guys.

its weird since only a few species in the entire group have really been studied in depth. An organism like a slime mold is quite difficult to get in our aquarium under normal circumstances.
oldskoolwayz

Yeah mine just lounges during the day...But he's all over at night! Do you have a picture of yours? Id love to see!

here he is when I turned the lights on

qxs2mf.png

its weird since only a few species in the entire group have really been studied in depth. An organism like a slime mold is quite difficult to get in our aquarium under normal circumstances.

Well how did I get so lucky.....lol :P

here he is when I turned the lights on

qxs2mf.png

He's awesome! I really like the blue ones...they really do stand out.

wow beautiful tank!

thank you very much!

Tank looks spectacular!

Thank you!

Tank looks amazing. That elegance you have is HUGE! Tips are a great colour.

the elegance is definitely one of my favorite corals in the tank...poor thing is the center of attention for my clowns and nem shrimp!

Wow, really amazing tank. Even the cell phone pictures were very good. Love the goby pistol combo, I would love to get one but would be worried they would hurt my flaming prawn gobies.

I saw you mention UNF and JU, I might have missed it but where are you now? I'm in Jacksonville right now, but in the fall will be at Rollins College in Winter Park. (Orlando area)

the elegance is definitely one of my favorite corals in the tank...poor thing is the center of attention for my clowns and nem shrimp!

I can see why, it's a great piece. A lot of people's clowns seem to go for their elegance corals it seems, your clowns and shrimp have good taste ;)

Wow, really amazing tank. Even the cell phone pictures were very good. Love the goby pistol combo, I would love to get one but would be worried they would hurt my flaming prawn gobies.

I saw you mention UNF and JU, I might have missed it but where are you now? I'm in Jacksonville right now, but in the fall will be at Rollins College in Winter Park. (Orlando area)

Thanks so much! The goby/pistol is my favorite thing ever...but flaming prawn gobies are gorgeous...I don't blame ya!

That's crazy though! Right now I'm in Jersey, I'll be headed down south for the fall semester.

You can point me to the best LFS's down there !!! :D

I can see why, it's a great piece. A lot of people's clowns seem to go for their elegance corals it seems, your clowns and shrimp have good taste ;)

Thanks! It's so nice to have them actually host something...Ive been waiting forrrreveeeerrrr!

Archived