Top Shelf Aquatics

ML's 40 Fusion! Upgrade Enroute

ml86743

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanks looking great- like that FTS

Thanks ! I thought that was a cool shot too! I'm finally starting to get the hang of using the DSLR I have...I'm nowhere near "good" by any means but I learn something new every time I snap a few shots...I think I read in metrokats TOTM profile that investing in a decent camera to chronicle your tank can be one of the most important things! I now 100% agree! haha

btw..Your tank has been such an inspiration..Well deserved TOTM!

Couple pictures:

16684993424_94dccabccb_o.jpgIMG_0527 by tduplaga12, on Flickr

17121226069_d1d7886905_o.jpgIMG_0535 by tduplaga12, on Flickr

Sk8n Reefer

Thanks - I appreciate that- enjoying my last few days as TOTM - gonna put up a photo blast either tomorrow or Thursday night to end the month ? Yes, having a good camera really adds some enjoyment and nice to chronicle the growth. Clowns are tough for sure to get a well focused shot- that's a good pic though. The pic of the zoos is spot on great focus and color ?

Thanks - I appreciate that- enjoying my last few days as TOTM - gonna put up a photo blast either tomorrow or Thursday night to end the month Yes, having a good camera really adds some enjoyment and nice to chronicle the growth. Clowns are tough for sure to get a well focused shot- that's a good pic though. The pic of the zoos is spot on great focus and color

That's so funny that you said that about the clowns..I can NEVER get them to focus..I look forward to the photobomb!

Sk8n Reefer

That's so funny that you said that about the clowns..I can NEVER get them to focus..I look forward to the photobomb!

Ya- I think the whole time I've had them I've never gotten them both in focus with my good DSLR only when I use my iPad

Ya- I think the whole time I've had them I've never gotten them both in focus with my good DSLR only when I use my iPad

That's funny...an ipad outperforming a DSLR :P

Sk8n Reefer

That's funny...an ipad outperforming a DSLR :P

Haha- no I wouldn't say that - easier to get a farther away shot. My wide angle does "ok" but not a chance with my macro lens. The macro lens is so fun to use - just like looking through a magnifying lens ?

Haha- no I wouldn't say that - easier to get a farther away shot. My wide angle does "ok" but not a chance with my macro lens. The macro lens is so fun to use - just like looking through a magnifying lens

I need to pick up a good macro lens...So damn expensive.

Sk8n Reefer

I need to pick up a good macro lens...So damn expensive.

Yes they are- I am lucky my brother is a part time photographer and has actually gotten a few shots in mags so I get his hand me downs- works out great!

Yes they are- I am lucky my brother is a part time photographer and has actually gotten a few shots in mags so I get his hand me downs- works out great!

Lucky....

This dude...

16995521768_2b8b549f6d_o.jpgIMG_0344 by tduplaga12, on Flickr

Alvyyy:)

17106768287_fc027f59cc_o.jpgIMG_0693 by tduplaga12, on Flickr

So I got a little crazy and ordered a few new bulbs for the Retro..After a good half-hour of trying out different bulb combos...I settled with two ATI actinics. I plan on raising the white channel for the LEDS a tad..But Im real happy with the color.

16693946783_72659c110a_k.jpgIMG_0683 by tduplaga12, on Flickr

Cencalfishguy56

Alvyyy:)

17106768287_fc027f59cc_o.jpgIMG_0693 by tduplaga12, on Flickr

So I got a little crazy and ordered a few new bulbs for the Retro..After a good half-hour of trying out different bulb combos...I settled with two ATI actinics. I plan on raising the white channel for the LEDS a tad..But Im real happy with the color.

16693946783_72659c110a_k.jpgIMG_0683 by tduplaga12, on Flickr

Is it yellow wormlike and has tentacles that come off it? I have seen a couple in my tank they move about the glass then borrow back in the sand, probably not the samething lol

Is it yellow wormlike and has tentacles that come off it? I have seen a couple in my tank they move about the glass then borrow back in the sand, probably not the samething lol

Are you talking about the weird alien thing living in my tank? That sounds pretty close to what I have. Idk if you have seen the pictures but there's one at the top of page 5 I think! Lemme know if that's what you have!

Cencalfishguy56

Are you talking about the weird alien thing living in my tank? That sounds pretty close to what I have. Idk if you have seen the pictures but there's one at the top of page 5 I think! Lemme know if that's what you have!

Yup samething! Notice how it's near the sand bed, look on your sand bed for tentacles lol they search for food I think

Yup samething! Notice how it's near the sand bed, look on your sand bed for tentacles lol they search for food I think

Its crazy! I could watch that thing for hours!

Looking great!

-Dave

Thanks Dave! Excited for the duo!

New Pictures..

HI:)

16773607783_70e4577f06_o.jpgIMG_0847 by tduplaga12, on Flickr

Please excuse the dirty asss tank..

16773607003_22a447d302_o.jpgIMG_0842 by tduplaga12, on Flickr

This dude has been growin like a weed...had to relocate him today!

16771358364_35457aca5b_o.jpgIMG_0838 by tduplaga12, on Flickr

UPDATE:

Params are stable..

Got some diatoms on the sand nd stuff...typical

Cyano has been 100% flushed out with water changes and siphoning!

I'm having an issue with my blue acro...It looks infested with mini feather dusters and it's not happy at all..I think I'm going to try a revive dip? Idk I need help haha....any ideas?

I tried using a dental pick on a stylo infested with critters and I failed. Best bet is to keep it healthy and see if it can grow over them IMO, acros don't like to be touched.

I tried using a dental pick on a stylo infested with critters and I failed. Best bet is to keep it healthy and see if it can grow over them IMO, acros don't like to be touched.

I agree...Once they are in I don't like moving them at all...It puts off its tiny little stringy tentacle things where the dusters drill into the poor thing:( Of course this happens to the one blue SPS I've actually been able to maintain a healthy blue in..

Yesterday I was doing my usually WC change routine and cleaning the skimmer...I finished and left for work. About an hour later I get a call from my stepdad saying "dude, the skimmers overflowing and there is water EVERYWHERE" I forgot to open the valve...stupid me. So then was like oh shiiiiiit...that means thr ATO is going nuts..Im screwed...After he shut all the stuff off that needed to be shut off I had my mom mix a bucket of high salinity water and slowly add the new water after temp match. It had dropped from 1.025 to 1.022. Of course the restaurant was the busiest its been in years..SO I couldn't really stay in contact with my mom! Shout out to them both tho...I would have lost everything if it wasn't for them! So far so good, nothing seems to be too stressed and PO'ed. Fingers are crossed.

Archived