SaltCritters.com

ML's 40 Fusion! Upgrade Enroute

ml86743

Yesterday I was doing my usually WC change routine and cleaning the skimmer...I finished and left for work. About an hour later I get a call from my stepdad saying "dude, the skimmers overflowing and there is water EVERYWHERE" I forgot to open the valve...stupid me. So then was like oh shiiiiiit...that means thr ATO is going nuts..Im screwed...After he shut all the stuff off that needed to be shut off I had my mom mix a bucket of high salinity water and slowly add the new water after temp match. It had dropped from 1.025 to 1.022. Of course the restaurant was the busiest its been in years..SO I couldn't really stay in contact with my mom! Shout out to them both tho...I would have lost everything if it wasn't for them! So far so good, nothing seems to be too stressed and PO'ed. Fingers are crossed.

Good luck!!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol you have awesome parents, good thing everything worked out pretty well.

Yeah I was going crazy!!!!!But things seem to be calming down!

Glad to hear the disaster was averted as well.

Especially since your tank was one of the reasons I got a Fusion 40.

Glad to hear the disaster was averted!

Yeah me too!!

Glad to hear the disaster was averted as well.

Especially since your tank was one of the reasons I got a Fusion 40.

Thanks! Hows your fusion coming along? Ill check out your thread when I get home from work...Im at that place way too much these days hah..

SO Update time?

I don't have any pictures....But I have miniature baby trochus snails EVERYWHERE in my tank..I've seen the egg sacks all over the walls and stuff...so whadya know some actually survived! I also ordered a refurbished 55-250mm lens for the DSLR which Im really pumped about..I have a buddy who works at NBC as a film guy and after a long exchange of text messages he said that would be a solid "get your feet wet lens" Ill try and get FTS before I leave today!

Thanks everybody for checking in!

On its way to you.

17247538478_4318bb23bd_z.jpgduowhitewhitefadeblueyelhang by David Fason, on Flickr

OMFG omgomgomgomgomgomg omgomgomg I love it...The fade is sick!

That sucker is going to be sitting over a Mr. Aqua 11.4 G. I got the tank..Light...A sexy Mame overflow...I need to figure out sump options and other miscellaneous equipment..Its gonna be the apartment tank when I head down to Jacksonville for school. Seriously tho Dave...I don't think I'll ever own another light. Worth every penny..Thanks again.

Here's a little update.

SO, I ended up losing the blue acro..Im not really sure if it was from the mini feather duster irritation or it was unhappy. Okay..I can handle that...

Now my firefish is allll jacked up. She has some lesions that look like pimples on her side...and then she has smaller little white dots that resemble Ich..

Im at a fork in the road right nor and I don't know what to do! Besides the drop in salinity the other day my params are the same they have been..The firefish hasn't shown any signs of flashing or anything of that nature but she now swims slightly tilted...

I don't get it...Heres a picture. Some feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated...I've never dealt with parasites and disease before.

17455601009_86eb381b44_h.jpgIMG_0955 by Ty D, on Flickr

That's one side...I couldn't get a picture of her right side but there is only one lesion, quite large, with a little white-head looking pimple thing. I've never seen any physical aggression from my clowns or cardinal..but they do shoo her away sometimes. You can see the larger white dots on the right side..and the smaller on the left.

Sorry to hear about the troubles with your stunning tank :(

The lesions on you firefish, do you think those could be some sort of parasites that have gotten hold after the salinity drop. I figure that the drop in salinity might have irritated the slime on the fish and given the parasites an opportunity to establish themselves.

Just my thought...

Best of luck with the tank :)

Here's a little update.

SO, I ended up losing the blue acro..Im not really sure if it was from the mini feather duster irritation or it was unhappy. Okay..I can handle that...

Now my firefish is allll jacked up. She has some lesions that look like pimples on her side...and then she has smaller little white dots that resemble Ich..

Im at a fork in the road right nor and I don't know what to do! Besides the drop in salinity the other day my params are the same they have been..The firefish hasn't shown any signs of flashing or anything of that nature but she now swims slightly tilted...

I don't get it...Heres a picture. Some feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated...I've never dealt with parasites and disease before.

17455601009_86eb381b44_h.jpgIMG_0955 by Ty D, on Flickr

That's one side...I couldn't get a picture of her right side but there is only one lesion, quite large, with a little white-head looking pimple thing. I've never seen any physical aggression from my clowns or cardinal..but they do shoo her away sometimes. You can see the larger white dots on the right side..and the smaller on the left.

Try this if its an parasite.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=16809

And This if its just a bruise or bite mark

http://www.amazon.com/Boyd-Enterprises-ABE16707-Vitachem-Aquarium/dp/B00025YRIE

You can use both together just soak there food in vita chem and dose the treatment accordingly.

It should heal up in no time.

Thanks! Hows your fusion coming along? Ill check out your thread when I get home from work...Im at that place way too much these days hah..

Its doing good Im really glad I got the tank.

Sorry to hear about the troubles with your stunning tank :(

The lesions on you firefish, do you think those could be some sort of parasites that have gotten hold after the salinity drop. I figure that the drop in salinity might have irritated the slime on the fish and given the parasites an opportunity to establish themselves.

Just my thought...

Best of luck with the tank :)

I really appreciate the reply...The fish has shown signs of the white markings before...just not this bad. It's just a little confusing because she is eating and active..I have a QT set up right now..with a couple PVC pipes and other plastic stuff I found in my kitchen. Im going to try and catch her and put her in there temporarily. I went out and bought some copper power and I think I'll give that a shot. Also picked up some garlic soak. If she heals up well and isn't showing any signs of disease/parasite I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just return her. Poor thing is always stressed and I guess she just doesn't fit in with the tank. Like I said in the previous posts, I have never seen a physical attack from my other fish but they do show signs of aggression. I agree with you about the drop in salinity opening a window for opportunity..that makes the most sense to me. I just need to get her out of the 40 nd into the QT ASAP. I will be updating frequently.

Try this if its an parasite.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=16809

And This if its just a bruise or bite mark

http://www.amazon.com/Boyd-Enterprises-ABE16707-Vitachem-Aquarium/dp/B00025YRIE

You can use both together just soak there food in vita chem and dose the treatment accordingly.

It should heal up in no time.

Its doing good Im really glad I got the tank.

Thank you for the input...That's why I love this site...so many good people just helping out one another. I have a plan which is written in the above comment.

On another note, I'm very glad that you're digging your IM40! It's a solid tank.

Thanks again to the both of you.

Tyler

UPDATE:

So I was able to set up a QT for the poor little firefish..shes currently in there with a donor dose of copper power. I will continue to monitor and keep updated.

17791149635_c0bb5d4d5c_b.jpgIMG_1064 by Ty D, on Flickr

17603649340_3b45fc3b04_b.jpgIMG_1061 by Ty D, on Flickr

17603650010_e81def8751_b.jpgIMG_1053 by Ty D, on Flickr

17791634941_7dfc84959a_b.jpgIMG_0972 by Ty D, on Flickr

17791636101_1d2412ec7e_b.jpgIMG_0969 by Ty D, on Flickr

17788460752_e9fd5ca94e_b.jpgIMG_0965 by Ty D, on Flickr

17791637871_75f89b7141_b.jpgIMG_0963 by Ty D, on Flickr

17764907216_fd2a3cc694_b.jpgIMG_0962 by Ty D, on Flickr

17604940359_6a81dcbab7_b.jpgIMG_0960 by Ty D, on Flickr

17603394388_20e4cf048e_b.jpgIMG_0959 by Ty D, on Flickr

PHOTODUMP

SO I think the Zoas are feeling the effects of the salinity issue a had a couple days ago...They have been acting up and staying closed:/

My female clown was a little off today too...Acting quite sluggish..

Other than that things are going well.

Great pictures beautiful corals as well.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the kind words...especially when the tanks going through a rough patch. Thanks !

Retro and a new Dou... I am jealous! Amazing tank!

Thank you very much! I know tho...haha I had to take advantage of the good cash flow before I head to Florida foo school. Very fortunate to wait tables at a four star restaurant!

Archived