Coral Vue Hydros

ML's 40 Fusion! Upgrade Enroute

ml86743

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking awesome! Welcome home! I'm loving my SCA 66 FWIW.

Hmmm SCA huh? Never actually checked them out...Ill take a look! You like it though? I really want a shallow...and my only issue is finding a decently priced tank that match the demesions I want. I don't want to buy a new light...or a sump..or stand...nor do I have time to DIY. That's what I like about the cadlights package..they include the tank/stand/sump/plumbing...all the good stuff. Dave's Retro would be perfect for a shallow..I might miss the corners of the tank but that doesn't make a difference to me. Cadlights also had a 68 gallon that is 23 inches deep? I THINK haha.

Hmmm SCA huh? Never actually checked them out...Ill take a look! You like it though? I really want a shallow...and my only issue is finding a decently priced tank that match the demesions I want. I don't want to buy a new light...or a sump..or stand...nor do I have time to DIY. That's what I like about the cadlights package..they include the tank/stand/sump/plumbing...all the good stuff. Dave's Retro would be perfect for a shallow..I might miss the corners of the tank but that doesn't make a difference to me. Cadlights also had a 68 gallon that is 23 inches deep? I THINK haha.

I really do love it but it is definitely not a shallow! Came with everything - skimmer, sump, plumbing, return pump, etc. etc. - everything but the light. Dimensions are 33x24. My ONLY complaint is that the durso was loud. However, I've heard all PNP systems are coming with a herbie now (but you might want to confirm that).

I really do love it but it is definitely not a shallow! Came with everything - skimmer, sump, plumbing, return pump, etc. etc. - everything but the light. Dimensions are 33x24. My ONLY complaint is that the durso was loud. However, I've heard all PNP systems are coming with a herbie now (but you might want to confirm that).

Just checked them out! They have some awesome stuff there..How did their skimmer work out for you?

Just checked them out! They have some awesome stuff there..How did their skimmer work out for you?

I LOVE the skimmer. LOVE it. It took a good week or two to really dial it in, but it skims some nasty stuff from the water :)

I LOVE the skimmer. LOVE it. It took a good week or two to really dial it in, but it skims some nasty stuff from the water :)

Well that's certainly a plus..Cadlights doesnt include a skimmer in their versa series so I would have to get one anyways. I just want to combine my fusion 10 and 40 back home. Some stuff in my 40 is just getting way tooo big too...the poor elegance has no room...the torch is enormous...

Well that's certainly a plus..Cadlights doesnt include a skimmer in their versa series so I would have to get one anyways. I just want to combine my fusion 10 and 40 back home. The LPS in my 40 are just getting way tooo big too...the poor elegance has no room...the torch is enormous...

I was deciding between the SCA 66 and the Versa 68. Ultimately, it was the package deal and free shipping from SCA that nailed it for me :)

I was deciding between the SCA 66 and the Versa 68. Ultimately, it was the package deal and free shipping from SCA that nailed it for me :)

Yeah I think Cadlights is running free shipping right now...I don't know for a fact. Glad to hear you're enjoying the 66 though:) I was scrollin through your thread earlier today! Looks great!

Yeah I think Cadlights is running free shipping right now...I don't know for a fact. Glad to hear you're enjoying the 66 though:) I was scrollin through your thread earlier today! Looks great!

Thanks :) Still a lot to do and I am NOT enjoying the frag tank look so I am really looking forward to stuff growing! How long is your break?

Thanks :) Still a lot to do and I am NOT enjoying the frag tank look so I am really looking forward to stuff growing! How long is your break?

Im back in FL now...school starts Monday...a very short three weeks haha..but should be a decent semester. Only 11 classes left!

Im back in FL now...school starts Monday...a very short three weeks haha..but should be a decent semester. Only 11 classes left!

nice!!!! So what does that equate to in semesters? two more?

Go big or go home ;) upgrading from a 40 to a 45, even with the footprint change, doesn't make sense to me. The SCA stuff is very good from everything I've heard/read.

Since you're an IM fan, why not the 50 lagoon? That'll give you the shallow dimension you're looking for without a ridiculous price point. No sump obviously though. But there aren't a lot of package systems out there with the shallow dimension. And Cadlights has terrible customer service from everything I've seen online.

Go big or go home ;) upgrading from a 40 to a 45, even with the footprint change, doesn't make sense to me. The SCA stuff is very good from everything I've heard/read.

Since you're an IM fan, why not the 50 lagoon? That'll give you the shallow dimension you're looking for without a ridiculous price point. No sump obviously though. But there aren't a lot of package systems out there with the shallow dimension. And Cadlights has terrible customer service from everything I've seen online.

I'd go with IM but I want to get away from the AIO for a little bit. Personally, I've had no issues with Cadlights before. I've always been a fan of their products...but SCA's stuff is really nice too..As far as the size goes...I'd like to get something bigger, around the 50-70 gallon range.

If you've been following along, I mentioned before that we picked up two pearly jawfish! What an addition...I have never seen a fish that legit "people watches" . Its the coolest thing ever! If any of you jawfish owners out there have pictures or vids I'd love to see them!

Random little rant..but my stepdad just sent me a picture of the two :)

Wow, I'm sorry I missed your thread but I just caught up! I really like how the tank has turned out. I know you're disappointed that the SPS didn't work out, but I think it might be for the best because the look of the tank with all the LPS is just beautiful :wub:

Good luck this semester and with your planning for the upgrade!

Wow, I'm sorry I missed your thread but I just caught up! I really like how the tank has turned out. I know you're disappointed that the SPS didn't work out, but I think it might be for the best because the look of the tank with all the LPS is just beautiful :wub:

Good luck this semester and with your planning for the upgrade!

Thanks! I appreciate it. This IM 40 has been a helluva learning experience, but I'm extremely happy the way it turned out. If keeping a reef was easy everybody would do it. I feel the success has outweighed the failure though and next time around I'll have a better grasp and understanding of what needs to be done! I have some awesome corals in that tank I plan on keeping with me for some time.

For the upgrade...I went with cadlight 45 shallow. I originally wanted something larger...BUT this tank is only an upgrade for what I have now..I just want to combine the IM10 and 40 into one tank. I fell in love with the dimensions and got to check it out in person. It should give the fish some more room to swim, more room for the LPS that has outgrown the 40, and also be easier on the routine. I've always wanted a shallow and I went with my gut on this one...I've two cadlight setups previously and loved them both!

Should be arriving in NJ in a week or two.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an interesting piece of information that dates back to my SPS crash...Over break we picked up a setosa..and after I left it started going down the tubes..My mom moved it to the 10 gallon and it looks better than ever! Never seen PE as nice as this setosa in my tanks before...Kinda weird...so I think that all leads to my conclusion of some sort of chemical imbalance that still effects SPS in the 40 gallon. My thinking is that is has to do with the carbonate/bicarbonate to MG levels. I think that I dont have proper ratios in that tank..10 gallon uses same RO/DI water same salt...same everything. Just glad that its doing well in there:) Still trying to solve that mystery.

Skimmer ideas for the new tank? I like the vertex omega 130. Pricey but ya gotta give a little to get a little. I like Kleinreef's philosophy of purchasing the best skimmer you can afford..I want it to be the center of filtration for the new tank. Lets hear your skimmer pros and cons peeps! I picked up another mp10 from ManGups here at NR too. Very easy transaction and the product arrived in perfect condition! If you ever buy something from him have no worries!

Archived