inTank Media Baskets

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

holy carp
10 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Thanks! They really pop no matter what color the lighting is, too.

Since I glued up the acros I decided to get the May FTS while they still look good!

2017-04-30 IM10 FTS

Looks beautiful.  You definitely win the award for most-timely-monthly-FTS!!! :lol:

1 hour ago, metrokat said:

@teenyreef I missed your update with the little puffer fish!!! How is the little guy?

+1!

36 minutes ago, natalia_la_loca said:

OMG, how did I miss those rainbow acan pics?  WOW  :wub::wub::wub:

+2!!! (:))

• Like 3
teenyreef
5 hours ago, holy carp said:

teeny, does that little puffer eat/nip any of your corals or inverts?

He doesn't touch the corals at all. They are supposed to eat crustaceans and snails, but I've never seen him bother my emerald crab or my snails. I did move the sexy shrimp to the 40g tank, though, just to be on the safe side. 

• Like 2
teenyreef
On 5/1/2017 at 10:24 AM, money88 said:

Wow really an amazing tank. Looks like I have more reading to do :) 

Thanks! I just caught up on your thread and I'm looking forward to following along :)

On 5/1/2017 at 10:20 AM, holy carp said:

Looks beautiful.  You definitely win the award for most-timely-monthly-FTS!!! :lol:

+1!

+2!!! (:))

Lol, thank you! 

teenyreef
On 5/1/2017 at 9:48 AM, natalia_la_loca said:

OMG, how did I miss those rainbow acan pics?  WOW  :wub::wub::wub:

Thanks, I absolutely love those rainbow acans, they are my favorite. I got them from Aqua SD. 

I'm on San Diego this week and just put a little bag of Aqua SD acans in my suitcase for the 40g tank :ninja:

On 5/1/2017 at 8:46 AM, metrokat said:

@teenyreef I missed your update with the little puffer fish!!! How is the little guy?

Doug 2 is doing great! He always has a smile on his face and he's getting constantly out cruising around the tank. I can't imagine not having at least one leopard toby puffer ever again :)

• Like 4
teenyreef
On 5/1/2017 at 8:43 AM, Christopher Marks said:

Looking good teeny! The dendros didn't seem to mind your vacation one bit :D All the fish came out to say hi too! 

Yes, I love how they all lined up completely on their own after only 60 or 70 pictures :rolleyes:

On 5/1/2017 at 5:34 AM, vlangel said:

Simply beautiful, especially those big puffy acans! 

I don't why this old reply post keeps coming up :-(.  Anyhoo, I wanted to say that your May FTS is so amazing, the tank looks wonderful.  I liked the close up pics too.  Good job teeny restoring this tank to its former glory!

Thanks, Dawn! Hopefully it will still be in good shape when I get home :)

teenyreef
On 5/1/2017 at 0:08 AM, jstuver said:

Love the new pics and you're making me miss my acans! I may need to add a few to my tank!

Yes, you definitely need some! And thanks :)

• Like 2
On 4/18/2017 at 1:38 AM, teenyreef said:

The dendros are doing really well. I'm feeding them every day and they are loving life.

Dendros

I took a closer picture of the acans at the bottom of the picture above. Tail Spot Blenny photo bomb!

20170418-untitled-075-Edit.jpg

I really like those acans. I got them from a local vendor at the regional coral show last fall. Here's a top down view of them.

Rainbow Acans

I was worried that the light might be too high for the rainbow acans so I turned it down a bit, and reduced the peak photoperiod by an hour. But right after I fed them tonight, I noticed that the colors seem to be doing just fine :D

Rainbow Acans

HOLY COW those are beautiful! Okay now I actually have to read your thread front to back not back to front :P 

I just love your little puffer! I absolutely love puffers they are just the coolest in my opinion, setting up the 40 gallon the girlfriend really wanted one but don't know if it aligns with our goals for that tank. So instead we ended up starting an entire freshwater tank to host some freshwater dwarf puffers. We think they are really cute haha

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 7
teenyreef
3 hours ago, money88 said:

HOLY COW those are beautiful! Okay now I actually have to read your thread front to back not back to front :P 

I just love your little puffer! I absolutely love puffers they are just the coolest in my opinion, setting up the 40 gallon the girlfriend really wanted one but don't know if it aligns with our goals for that tank. So instead we ended up starting an entire freshwater tank to host some freshwater dwarf puffers. We think they are really cute haha

hqdefault.jpg

Omg, he is adorable! I've always like freshwater puffers but I've never tried to keep one.

• Like 1

Is the puffer going to the 40 later? I thought they needed more space than the 10g provided. I'm asking for a friend who might do a 14g peninsula reef contest...

• Like 2
Mariaface
4 hours ago, money88 said:

hqdefault.jpg

Not gonna lie, I want to start a tank of ramshorn and bladder snails just to let the population explode and feed a couple of these guys... They're so cute!

• Like 2
teenyreef
2 hours ago, tibbsy07 said:

Is the puffer going to the 40 later? I thought they needed more space than the 10g provided. I'm asking for a friend who might do a 14g peninsula reef contest...

I always figured he will outgrow the 10g someday and move to the 40g. But so far he's been just fine in the 10g!

• Like 3
11 hours ago, money88 said:

hqdefault.jpg

OMG! Thats the cutest fish ever. I see her as the next star of an epic Disney movie!

• Like 2

Hey you use AquaticLog.com right? Did they get rid of where you can add a pic of each specimen you add? Or am I thinking of a different app?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jstuver said:

Hey you use AquaticLog.com right? Did they get rid of where you can add a pic of each specimen you add? Or am I thinking of a different app?

The aquarium note app on android let's you do that

• Like 1
teenyreef
7 hours ago, jstuver said:

I use it and they still have the feature. But like a lot of the features, it's only available on the web site, not on the app. The app really only supports recording measurements, dosing, maintenance, and diary entries. Anything involving photo uploads is only on the web site. The specimen photos are under the "inhabitants" link.

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to upload inhabitants for all my tanks. Same for equipment. The last time I kept up on all that was in my 4g tank, but it was incredibly useful. I used to go there all the time when I couldn't remember the name of a particular coral, or when/where I got it.

• Like 1
teenyreef

Since the test acros haven't died yet, I glued up another half dozen corals today. I'm slowly clearing out the frag racks in the 40g! Pics tomorrow :)

• Like 3
15 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I use it and they still have the feature. But like a lot of the features, it's only available on the web site, not on the app. The app really only supports recording measurements, dosing, maintenance, and diary entries. Anything involving photo uploads is only on the web site. The specimen photos are under the "inhabitants" link.

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to upload inhabitants for all my tanks. Same for equipment. The last time I kept up on all that was in my 4g tank, but it was incredibly useful. I used to go there all the time when I couldn't remember the name of a particular coral, or when/where I got it.

For some reason when I looked late last night even on the desktop version I couldn't find it but it could be because it was like 3 am lol and I was tired just could sleep! I found it today though;) I wish they had it on the app I swear it use to be. Thanks for the info:)

• Like 1

Oh and I caved and bought an acan frag today;), I was trying to stay away from them as they are one of my favorite corals and I always go overboard buying them lol. I stuck to just the one today that I really liked but I might have to clear a space for a small garden of them:P

• Like 1
teenyreef
17 hours ago, jstuver said:

Oh and I caved and bought an acan frag today;), I was trying to stay away from them as they are one of my favorite corals and I always go overboard buying them lol. I stuck to just the one today that I really liked but I might have to clear a space for a small garden of them:P

Oh dear, how you you live with just one acan? How sad :tears:

• Like 1
FlowerMama
On 5/5/2017 at 11:01 AM, money88 said:

hqdefault.jpg

When I was in freshwater 25 yrs ago there were spotted and figure 8 puffers that liked it brackish.  I loved them!!!  I loved it when they ate crunchy things cuz you could really hear the noise.

• Like 2

@teenyreef hey man, what vendor did you score all of those sweet acans from? I read through all 135 pages. Took me 3 weeks but I did it and now I can't find that specific page. You might have ordered from him 2-3 times.

thanks!

• Like 1
teenyreef
1 hour ago, FlowerMama said:

When I was in freshwater 25 yrs ago there were spotted and figure 8 puffers that liked it brackish.  I loved them!!!  I loved it when they ate crunchy things cuz you could really hear the noise.

Nom nom nom :lol:

39 minutes ago, frahny said:

@teenyreef hey man, what vendor did you score all of those sweet acans from? I read through all 135 pages. Took me 3 weeks but I did it and now I can't find that specific page. You might have ordered from him 2-3 times.

thanks!

Most of them are from Aqua SD (San Diego).  They have a great mail order business, and a weekly WYSIWYG sale that is just fantastic. But I have had great luck just letting them pick their own with their $100 acan or acro packs. They include at least one top grade coral that they usually sell for $75 each, plus a bunch more. Best of all, their corals look exactly like they do in the pictures.

I've ordered online from them two or three times now. When I went in to the shop while I was in San Diego last week and gave Will my credit card, he said "Oh, I know you!" Oops...I may be ordering a bit too much from them :blush:

• Like 2
9 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Nom nom nom :lol:

Most of them are from Aqua SD (San Diego).  They have a great mail order business, and a weekly WYSIWYG sale that is just fantastic. But I have had great luck just letting them pick their own with their $100 acan or acro packs. They include at least one top grade coral that they usually sell for $75 each, plus a bunch more. Best of all, their corals look exactly like they do in the pictures.

I've ordered online from them two or three times now. When I went in to the shop while I was in San Diego last week and gave Will my credit card, he said "Oh, I know you!" Oops...I may be ordering a bit too much from them :blush:

Yes! That's awesome, we'll tell will next time you talk to him to hook you up with a special rate. Your tanks feature some of his corals will bring him business. I know that's why I am looking to stock from him. 

• Like 1