Cultivated Reef

S T E V B E N

benjho

That's a hot looking meat man.

That's what she said. :D:haha:omgomgomg

I don't have any fishes in the lps tank so I feed it once every 3 days. I probably waste so much time just watching my corals moving slowmo to eat...lol.

OK. I'll try that as well. I am fish-less, also. Still waiting on Ventralis Anthias to appear back in the market.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice stuff!

IMO the Scoly on the rock is sweet, it would be a nice "centerpiece" because of it's height, and have everything else around it, hiding the rock and creating a few crevices for the sixline. It'll need a hiding place once added, or you could try a Possum/Pink Streak Wrasse.

That's what she said. :D:haha:omgomgomg

OK. I'll try that as well. I am fish-less, also. Still waiting on Ventralis Anthias to appear back in the market.

Lol. Well, just make sure your water isn't too clean....meat corals hate sps water.

Nice stuff!

IMO the Scoly on the rock is sweet, it would be a nice "centerpiece" because of it's height, and have everything else around it, hiding the rock and creating a few crevices for the sixline. It'll need a hiding place once added, or you could try a Possum/Pink Streak Wrasse.

Good idea. Possum wrasse eats flat worms? I wasn't too sure so if it really does then I might just get a possum wrasse since I've never had 1 but it looks kinda cool.

Lol. I'm just kidding. I've seen meat corals thrive well in sps tanks before....

Ok great. I can't seem to make my tank produce higher than 2ppm nitrates (red sea test kit) for my zoas. I dose the Red Sea Energy. I would rather it be at 5ppm.

Ok great. I can't seem to make my tank produce higher than 2ppm nitrates (red sea test kit) for my zoas. I dose the Red Sea Energy. I would rather it be at 5ppm.

I wouldn't know what you're talking about because I never test my water neither is my water ever clean enough to maintain sps. lol. The only thing I test for is salinity level using a hydrometer.

I wouldn't know what you're talking about because I never test my water neither is my water ever clean enough to maintain sps. lol. The only thing I test for is salinity level using a hydrometer.

I used to be the same way but now I am trying to stop doing WC and just replace traces and maintain Ca, Mg, and ALK. I noticed I spent too much money on salt mix from WC. You can call it my modified Triton Method.

I used to be the same way but now I am trying to stop doing WC and just replace traces and maintain Ca, Mg, and ALK. I noticed I spent too much money on salt mix from WC. You can call it my modified Triton Method.

Cool. I don't really do water changes either. Too much water changes isn't good imo.

Lol. Well, just make sure your water isn't too clean....meat corals hate sps water.

Good idea. Possum wrasse eats flat worms? I wasn't too sure so if it really does then I might just get a possum wrasse since I've never had 1 but it looks kinda cool.

Yes they do, they are like Six Lines but not as active, more cryptic, and bit harder to find.

Yes they do, they are like Six Lines but not as active, more cryptic, and bit harder to find.

Got it. I'll try to get a possum wrasse.

You'll be fine. I have LPS in my tank and last I checked my Nitrates were at 0.2 - I want them a little higher as well but nothing looks concerned. :)

15544000158_0e0fda38f4_c.jpg

Damn these are sexy.

You'll be fine. I have LPS in my tank and last I checked my Nitrates were at 0.2 - I want them a little higher as well but nothing looks concerned. :)

Damn these are sexy.

Thanks man. 1st time ever owning a master scoly or two, probably the best experience I've ever had with this hobby..

We just don't get those down here - pretty much nobody will pay the price. So they I've never seen them imported.

I see. Yeah the prices are definitely pretty hefty, these things....you gotta really really really love it to have to buy it.

Make sure to give the Possum a few hiding spots.

That live rock attached to the sunrise apple scoly has a very nice hiding spot in it, it's like a deep crevice/cave for its sleeping spot in the back.

Can't wait for tomorrow, going to stop by at many hot lfs tomorrow such REEF RAFT USA, IRC, and some other secretive lfs.

Yea I'll agree looks much better! Don't stuff a flame angel in this one!

Thanks man. Yeah, won't do. Yeah, that was when I was doing a small pulsing xenia tank which failed horribly. Big mistake on my part.

Semi-fts. Hopefully I see some new goodies tomorrow.

15737882972_8ab2b265ba_c.jpg

15116951323_0285b20d9b_c.jpg

The only reason why I bought this meat coral was because of its center pattern. The outer rim pattern is mostly solid orange...which ain't good.

15734415671_73fed23807_c.jpg

Stay tuned for the other tank coming pictures. (the other tank only has a plate coral with 2 mushrooms, and a frostbite clownfish)

15551509670_d435ebb78d.jpg

Ahh crapz. Just bought a goku chalice morph....guess I might have some chalices later on in the lps tank. Local pickup here I come.

DKhb5z5.jpg

Man, on a side note...has anyone seen lps1212's tank thread? If not, here it is bros!

He's got some real goodies....drool worthy like dnov99's thread...gawd, these people got me jelly every time I look.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/general-lps-discussion/85013-some-my-gems-large-polyp-stony-have-large-soft-polyps-corals-44.html

Archived