Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

S T E V B E N

benjho

Looks like you got a few nice pieces Ben. That master scolly looks great and I really like the BTA. What does the BTA look like under standard light? I assume it would be more yellow right?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like you got a few nice pieces Ben. That master scolly looks great and I really like the BTA. What does the BTA look like under standard light? I assume it would be more yellow right?

Thanks man. That bta pic is not my pic, it was a wysiwyg auction and I won it for $89. They use metal halides I believe, so that is how it would look under daylight. Under blue lights..then I wouldn't know until I receive it in my tank.

I believe it would actually look more yellow under blues.

Went to RAP 2nd day, and bought....another master scoly....man, just couldn't let this master go either..and I bought a meat coral, and a bleeding apple and a green morph mushroom from cherrycorals. Btw, the 1st master scoly you guys saw in the last page was bought from reefkoi. The bleeding apple was bought from reefercove. And the other vendors I bought from are not well known online.

Btw, Mike's girlfriend from sexycorals.com is pretty cute. Lol...

Also alldelight's girlfriend too....except that her eyebrows are freaking too thick...not my type of brows.

Overall, there were some pretty hot reefer chicks at RAP both days. Booty call man.

Sneak Peak. I'll take a top-down shot once the other tank is set up so I can transfer the two mushies over, and once the plate is sold...

I have to say, I think this tank has already surpassed the scoly tank I had before..

15019202113_5b5c4be071.jpg

Just got home :/ traffic on the 5... so no pics yet. But I did grab pics of my two new clowns!

Frostbites? Btw, I picked up a black frostbite from Reef Lounge the day before you went there today.

Also, Ages of Aquariums told me they can get more pairs of golden nugget maroons for $250 a pair like they did at rap if you ask for it. Kinda like a special order except you don't have to pay a hefty price for it. Liveaquaria has a single gold nugget running at $500....

What are you serious? That's super tempting X_X

I'm not lying...the owner told me along with his employee. Call them and let them know you saw that pair for $250. Ask them to order it again, they'll do it. Most likely, you won't even have to put a deposit either.

Btw, earlier I said I got to meet Darell from AllDelight from r2r, reefcentral, socalireefs....and have to say he had some nice lps pieces....forgot to take a picture of his display... I was surprised when he asked me, " Wait, are you illu?", must've been that scoly/plate price questions I been asking...his girl was like, oh he a stalker, lol.

Here's one of the pieces I saw at RAP which I've never in my life seen before in person.. they were asking it for $1,000.

1 polyped mushroom from reefer's cove (reeferscove.com)

15639550305_3970329cfd_z.jpg

15640390002_9b36bf0546_z.jpg

Btw, earlier I said I got to meet Darell from AllDelight from r2r, reefcentral, socalireefs....and have to say he had some nice lps pieces....forgot to take a picture of his display... I was surprised when he asked me, " Wait, are you illu?", must've been that scoly/plate price questions I been asking...his girl was like, oh he a stalker, lol.

Here's one of the pieces I saw at RAP which I've never in my life seen before in person.. they were asking it for $1,000.

1 polyped mushroom from reefer's cove (reeferscove.com)

15639550305_3970329cfd_z.jpg

15640390002_9b36bf0546_z.jpg

I feel like I have seen those before.. and for like 30$ IMO nothing really worth 1000$ on that guy or damn near all corals for that matter.

I feel like I have seen those before.. and for like 30$ IMO nothing really worth 1000$ on that guy or damn near all corals for that matter.

You should've bought it!!!

You know what's crazier?

This piece right here is $1500.

Half of that is around $800. Saw so many of them at Rap yesterday. SC Dynamite chalice

DSCN2384.jpg

And then there's the rainbow crush chalice frags. Looks almost like the sc dynamite chalice. $300 for that size of a frag. 1 was selling a 3" colony for 3k...yesterday, sheiiz.

6p3q5w.jpg

Unique corals was selling a bounce mushroom for ...1k....too...ahaha. And it wasn't even orange on the bubbles, was green.

8194458668_b9f68a41e3_z.jpg

All Delight had a 1.5" frag of this crazy looking flamethrower chalice..$1500.

1.jpg

Oh yeah, also met the owners of "twoguys corals".

You should've bought it!!!

You know what's crazier?

This piece right here is $1500.

Half of that is around $800. Saw so many of them at Rap yesterday. SC Dynamite chalice

DSCN2384.jpg

And then there's the rainbow crush chalice frags. Looks almost like the sc dynamite chalice. $300 for that size of a frag. 1 was selling a 3" colony for 3k...yesterday, sheiiz.

6p3q5w.jpg

Unique corals was selling a bounce mushroom for ...1k....too...ahaha. And it wasn't even orange on the bubbles, was green.

8194458668_b9f68a41e3_z.jpg

All Delight had a 1.5" frag of this crazy looking flamethrower chalice..$1500.

1.jpg

Oh yeah, also met the owners of "twoguys corals".

those pieces look a lot more interesting than that 1000$ one lol. Theres a thread somewhere around here about a 600$ cornbred shroom that like 4 people posted pics of they had one similar in tank thats super common just looks nice under some crazy blue lights.

jedimasterben

There is nothing 'different' about the 'LE' corals. They all come in straight from the wholesalers like all other coral. Nothing special about them, nor are they uncommon, as corals are split up even before they get to the wholesalers, so you've got pieces of the same coral going to many different places. Stupid people just pay more for the name.

those pieces look a lot more interesting than that 1000$ one lol. Theres a thread somewhere around here about a 600$ cornbred shroom that like 4 people posted pics of they had one similar in tank thats super common just looks nice under some crazy blue lights.

Lol. Cornbred...yeah I know, he doesn't have a supplier. He just buys from retailers and resells the corals...he's currently selling a very very common wellso for $300............I can get that same wellso for only $60.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RELEASE-Cornbreds-Highlighter-Rainbow-Welso-WYSIWYG-live-coral-/371170502658?pt=Coral_and_Live_Rock&hash=item566b7c6802

$_57.JPG

Sexycorals does the same thing except that he actually does have a supplier and he has sold a few pieces that were rare(like the sc dynamite or rainbow plates for example). But I have caught him selling common yumas for high prices which is a Cornbred move.

There is nothing 'different' about the 'LE' corals. They all come in straight from the wholesalers like all other coral. Nothing special about them, nor are they uncommon, as corals are split up even before they get to the wholesalers, so you've got pieces of the same coral going to many different places. Stupid people just pay more for the name.

Yup. That's what this hobby is about. People trying to make money on the colors and rarity bro.

jedimasterben

Yup. That's what this hobby is about. People trying to make money on the colors and rarity bro.

There is no such thing as 'rarity' other than in specific species of corals, which most of the 'LE' sellers would be wholly unable to identify.

There is no such thing as 'rarity' other than in specific species of corals, which most of the 'LE' sellers would be wholly unable to identify.

Yeah I know what you mean.

Some really nice pieces there, would love to go to one of those events one day. Not to buy, just to browse.

Yeah you should...wait shouldn't there be an event like it in Aus? I'm sure there is 1.

Yeah you should...wait shouldn't there be an event like it in Aus? I'm sure there is 1.

There is one industry fair I believe held up in Queensland I believe but it is very small, mostly equipment not corals. Most of our big wholesalers actually go to the states and participate in RAP and MACNA and the like.

There is one industry fair I believe held up in Queensland I believe but it is very small, mostly equipment not corals. Most of our big wholesalers actually go to the states and participate in RAP and MACNA and the like.

Oh I see. Move over to the states man!! Lol jk.

I was in line yesterday before RAP opened and there was an aussie couple standing behind me. How did I know? They have that accent. :)

Oh I see. Move over to the states man!! Lol jk.

I was in line yesterday before RAP opened and there was an aussie couple standing behind me. How did I know? They have that accent. :)

I'll see how much I like it when I visit in January ;). Yep, you can't miss that accent haha.

I'll see how much I like it when I visit in January ;). Yep, you can't miss that accent haha.

In Jan? Oh you're talking about Macna? RAP is only in October for California. MAX is in March in Cali but it isn't as great as RAP.

I've never been to MACNA though. They're probably the same level as RAP.

In Jan? Oh you're talking about Macna? RAP is only in October for California. MAX is in March in Cali but it isn't as great as RAP.

I've never been to MACNA though. They're probably the same level as RAP.

No I'm not going over for Macna (as much as I would like to), just a holiday. It will be my first time in the states so we will see how I like it on your side of the pond :).

No I'm not going over for Macna (as much as I would like to), just a holiday. It will be my first time in the states so we will see how I like it on your side of the pond :).

Ohh I see. Which state you going to visit? If you come to Cali, I know a few lfs you should check out.

Archived